Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Is the world turning too conservative?

Featured Replies

So I just saw this full on transphobic tiktok, basically bashing trans women specifically for talking about their experience of womanhood and basically dragging them and straight up saying that "i don't care about the little trans activist" and "women are allowed to be scared of trans women and not be horrible people" and the tiktok has 730k likes (!!!!) and some of the comments being like: "it's just another form of men dominating women" with almost 200k (!!!!) likes and a picture of a ****** saying "their dream is our reality" with 7k likes and so on!

Is woke over? Is humanity done for good? With almost every country basically having full on right-wing governments and takes on trans people, black people, latinos, arabs and everyone who is considered a "minority" being straight up incel-like, what do you think is happening? Is it just me, or is everyone just having a mass psychosis and trying to just eat everyone who isn't aligning with them alive?

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AriGlinda
    AriGlinda

    I completely disagree. I think you guys just consume too much online chatter. i can only speak for my own experience but 15 years ago trans people were not taken seriously at all and only viewed as fr

  • HardBambi
    HardBambi

    The world has always been too conservative

  • Shelter
    Shelter

    "Is woke over" Hopefully

This is true and I've been talking about it all the time. We're genuinely regressing in real time.

ur just realizing this now ???

have u been living under a rock for the last like 4 years wtf

The world has always been too conservative. It's just that trash like Trump having huge platforms to spread prejudice people are feeling more comfortable to show their true colors

  • ATRL Moderator

the world has always been conservative.

from an american perspective, we experience many events in the 2020s where conservative takes are louder than usual.

Yes, just look at all the **** shaming comments Katseye is receiving on social media. People are acting like they've never seen a pop star wearing revealing clothing.

1 minute ago, ryoncé said:

ur just realizing this now ???

have u been living under a rock for the last like 4 years wtf

She is talking about social media and it's true. For the last 2 years or so the new gen or gp have been openly vile everywhere and it's somehow acceptable behaviour now. Pre Elon musk era i remember you get banned on socials if you're a bigot but now even ATRL doesn't care

  • Author
3 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

ur just realizing this now ???

have u been living under a rock for the last like 4 years wtf

i'm not realising this just now, i was just so shocked seeing how much straight women were offended with the word "cis" just now and they're just straight up being transphobic and the reaction being so positive.

Yes the world has always been conservative but there were always activists and people who were trying to change and normalise the "minorities" of the world, and now it's all regressing and going waaaay back in a way I wouldn't expect it! I always thought that at least women would be on our side but seeing how transphobic and homophobic they are, just shaked me, especially on MY for you page which is always on the right side of history, if you could say that. I was just shocked.

  • Popular Post

I completely disagree. I think you guys just consume too much online chatter.

i can only speak for my own experience but 15 years ago trans people were not taken seriously at all and only viewed as fringe degenerates. Today i can walk around my city passing or otherwise and make good friends with people of all walks who dont view me being trans as weird at all

Government might be getting more conservative but that is ONLY in reaction to society progressing. I really do think most people have grown past caring about that stuff, but fascism is all about stalling progress.

Edited by AriGlinda

  • Author
1 minute ago, AriGlinda said:

Government might be getting more conservative

I'm sorry to break it to you but the government IS chosen by the people, so yes, if the majority of people chose a right winged government who wants to bring ICE to the immigrants and take away every gay right in the world, then guess what.

My inner circle is very much left winged too, I don't hang out with people who don't morally and politically align with me, but that doesn't mean that these people don't exist at all.

2 minutes ago, honeymoonave said:

I'm sorry to break it to you but the government IS chosen by the people, so yes, if the majority of people chose a right winged government who wants to bring ICE to the immigrants and take away every gay right in the world, then guess what.

My inner circle is very much left winged too, I don't hang out with people who don't morally and politically align with me, but that doesn't mean that these people don't exist at all.

You realize Trump was not voted by a majority of Americans right? Only a third of the population votes.Im sorry but I just vehemently disagree that the younger generation is more conservative or that we are "going backwards". Most of us would still be in the closet if that was the case. Please tell elder queers that society is regressing and see what they say. To say government represents society and the will of the people is frankly stupid.

Also I live in Texas so dont act like im in abubble.

Edited by AriGlinda

10 minutes ago, AriGlinda said:

I completely disagree. I think you guys just consume too much online chatter.

i can only speak for my own experience but 15 years ago trans people were not taken seriously at all and only viewed as fringe degenerates. Today i can walk around my city passing or otherwise and make good friends with people of all walks who dont view me being trans as weird at all

Government might be getting more conservative but that is ONLY in reaction to society progressing. I really do think most people have grown past caring about that stuff, but fascism is all about stalling progress.

I agree (though I would say that Gen Z is more conservative than Millennials)! The 2000s were much worse when it came to LGBT+ rights. The majority of people were homophobic and there was absolutely no discussion of trans rights at all.

It's true that there's currently a conservative backlash. It began around 2015. Since then, the world has become increasingly conservative. Right-wing parties have won elections or grown stronger and social media has also become more conservative. Imo, we're currently at the peak of this trend. But the world isn't lost. Phases like this happen from time to time and a new era will come. I'm optimistic about the future.

Even if the world changes for the better, I'll never believe anyone who says they're left/progressive again because I'll just think they'll re-flip when the trends change deadbanana2

Tik tok was purchased by the US (at least the US part) and it's pushing it's conservative western right wing propaganda onto the rest of the world. michael fox also bought Roku and promotes all it's right wing stuff on the homepage. They know that conservatives are naturally dumber than most people and so they are easier to brainwash.

Edited by Onyxmage

Tbh, I feel like the peak already happened in like 2024-25 and we are already at the curve where people slowly start realizing again how conservatives never did anything useful in human history. So yeah, maybe the 2030s could look better.

yeah they never left but I think its just a matter of people who you should assosiacite with both rl and online.

The social media algorithm being pushed by Elon and co. absolutely did a tremendous amount of damage to society and outdid any positive movement from the 2010s and even from 2020...

Edited by Popboi.

They are the cancer that will destroy us all unless we destroy them first.

cos it's the "trendy" thing to do now for some ****** up reason

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

The social media algorithm being pushed by Elon and co. absolutely did a tremendous amount of damage to society and outdid any positive movement from the 2010s and even from 2020...

i even saw some people saying "J.K Rawling" or whatever that gremlin's name is, "was tryna warn y'all" and I was like "there's no way people agree to this take especially" and the amount of likes and replies agreeing, like I am genuinely terrified.

And all that, for the same women to start smear campaigns and hate trains on another women like Taylor, Beyoncé, Ariana etc and support male artists like Chris Brown. Like…

Yea it's bad. It really felt like things were moving in the right direction in the 2010s, now we're regressing hard, especially on trans issues. It makes me proud to be a millennial if anything cause in my experience, late millennials and early Gen Z women (basically born in the 1990s) are far more accepting of trans people than the generations before and, sadly, after them. Men have been trash the whole time on average

I don't think so, not in Europe. And Canada has been resistive to the conservative movement. Our last federal election polls were showing the largest conservative lead, but then the things transpiring across the border with Trump caused it to flip last minute, and Liberals won the Federal election again.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.