Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Unlistenable studio vocal performances?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 81
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • rihannafan
    rihannafan

    80% of Gaga's songs after The Fame Monster

  • TheRealGâteau
    TheRealGâteau

    The woman with the painful chipmunk voice

  • alestevens
    alestevens

    I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't. Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15

6 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

The song is still amazing and so uniquely produced and Vanessa Godton coded but the ***** is screaming so loud, girl popped a blood vessel in the studio

I used to play this on repeat as a kid, my mom would get mad as hell toofunny3

26 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Abhorrent.

I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with Scream Queens avatars and tributes to Nick Jonas in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "Britney" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Britney's. "But I know Britney! Circus was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know Britney, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The Britney of "Private Show" is Britney as Britney is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Britney has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

Any song with cursive singing

And the entirety of Lorde's repertoire

Courtney Love is amazing, you just don't get it bug

18 minutes ago, alestevens said:

I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with Scream Queens avatars and tributes to Nick Jonas in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "Britney" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Britney's. "But I know Britney! Circus was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know Britney, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The Britney of "Private Show" is Britney as Britney is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Britney has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

PLS SHARE THE ORIGINAL BOOKMARK HAHA omg i was there when they posted it that sht cracked me tf up i felt seen i felt heard !!@!!!!!

Any Nickelback song. Chad Kroeger sounds totally constipated all the time.

I Will Always Love You

it's a ear rape song .. like It's so unbearable for me. I have to actually it on mute when it pops on songpop and if someone is playing it around me I actually have to leave the room

1 hour ago, kataraqueen said:

PLS SHARE THE ORIGINAL BOOKMARK HAHA omg i was there when they posted it that sht cracked me tf up i felt seen i felt heard !!@!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's the original. It was on the Private Show thread rip

2 hours ago, tomatito99 said:

Thank you aespa for fixing this classic jonny5

i could not believe my ears when i heard this for the first time. this sounds like it was recorded on Vocaroo

2 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

The song is still amazing and so uniquely produced and Vanessa Godton coded but the ***** is screaming so loud, girl popped a blood vessel in the studio

Love my girl Avril but I can never listen to this song. She's just hootin' and hollerin'

3 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

The song is still amazing and so uniquely produced and Vanessa Godton coded but the ***** is screaming so loud, girl popped a blood vessel in the studio

godawful but the live version was beautiful, it's a great song but the studio version sucks hard.

2 hours ago, tomatito99 said:

I think it fits the production, I love 1:42.

The aespa version is devoid of any personality in comparison

Any Madonna song pre-Ray of Light album. Her voice sounds so bad on Like A Prayer the album that I was never able to get into it.

Edited by jijie101

As I said in SYG, id rather listen to the sound my *ss hole makes the morning after a heavy night out on the beer on repeat than ever willfully listen to Christina's 'music'

Most of Kpop, BTs being the biggest offender, kpop adjacent groups like katseye and artists who tends to use that annoying indie whispery vocals

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.