Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 2 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 15.7k
  • Views 568.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    My mom passed away last week. I know I mentioned her wanting to hear a Beyonce rock album as she has anticipated it for years, and I'm so sad she didn't get to hear it before she passed (if that's wha

  • Lose My Breath
    Lose My Breath

    I really hope we get it soon. My mom loves Beyonce, and her favorite genre is rock, she is SO excited. She just got diagnosed with terminal cancer, and I really hope she gets to hear the album while

  • @ScorpiosGroove @Fleahive @Teezy always ranting slams Bey a lil too hard french awful takes hates Bey lowkey forgot to take meds downvote central doesn't contribute to discussion could be yv

TWENTY YEARS AGO jonny3

That fact that we have witnessed her own daughter pay tribute to this era, the BEST Beyoncé era btw is just weeps

Favé will forever remain THEE star amongst the stars clap3

Some days, 4 is my favorite Bey album and it's probably the one I played the most along with B'Day. My top 4:

  1. Schoolin Life (this one never changes, what an anthem)

  2. I Care (masterclass)

  3. End Of Time

  4. Dance for You

Honorable mentions that keep rotating in and out: I Miss You, Countdown, Start Over, I Miss You, hell the whole album other than Best Thing I Never Had. I cannot tell you how cozy and safe that album makes me feel, it's my comfort album. It's the album of hers I love more than all the others even if I technically admire Rennaissance or Lemonade more. Thanks for making me listen to it again today, happy birthday 4.

Edited by Jay07

4 is such a great album, one of my favorites.

Just realized Jay Z is doing this major 30 anniversary campaign with shows, re-releases and a possible new album and his wife will also be celebrating a 30th anniversary soon and i fully expect her to do nothing about it.

azealia

41 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

you all putting i care on your list

azealia

As it should there is no song like it ....The gag of listening to it for the first time in 2011 . Yall need to stop playing

Definitely gotta be an album coming lol. The promotion is STACKED.

Anyway, I wonder if horse lady is at the pop up. Her husband bodyguard was spotted, so she's probably close by.

47 minutes ago, Punch said:

As it should there is no song like it ....The gag of listening to it for the first time in 2011 . Yall need to stop playing

vocals, yeah

lyrics? chorus is bad and the whole lyrics are kinda meh

its overplayed and it shouldnt have a place in this time in her tours im TIRED (diva next)

22 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

I know that Lemonade and Beyoncé could have broken the record if given full weeks, but do you guys think Bey could break Alicia's record of having the biggest debut week sales in the U.S. for a Black woman?

Alicia's As I Am album sold 742,000. I think that the adjustments made with streaming can put Bey over 500k, but 742k may be impossible to reach. I'm thinking, only SZA and Rihanna can break Alicia's record.

That Rihanna sneak

ryan3

It's likely an album and some sort of tour are coming from Jay. I understand this is his 30th anniversary, but this is a lot for only that.

I'm actually lowkey excited around Jay's marketing lol. Very great way to re-introduce yourself to the masses.

The pop ups, the branding on the trains, the documentary, there's even apparently a show tonight at Pier 61.

Makes me wonder if Act III is coming or not. I could see Jay releasing in the fall.

Edited by dnboy1

shes gonna drop the album right before the OTR iii tour tickets in 2027 isnt she....

azealia

jay z ruining everything again as always

Edited by yonsé

He's trying soooo hard to make this "Jaÿ-Z" thing happen. Those two dots aren't cute.

Edited by Carbohydrates

Blue Ivy facial expressions screams Beyonce lmfao

41 minutes ago, Carbohydrates said:

He's trying soooo hard to make this "Jaÿ-Z" thing happen. Those two dots aren't cute.

It's been a thing since he dropped his debut in 96' lol hence why he's bringing it back.

20 hours ago, bync said:

Bif

Fake outrage is saying you "won't settle for so little". Ridiculous. What are your credentials as a performer to insinuate that enjoying the CC tour is settling?

Anyways, you're shifting the goalposts. My point wasn't whether or not it was completely live or 50/50. My point was that, for an artist nearly 30 years into a very physical career, the amount of live singing she still does is impressive compared with many of her peers.

Whitney sadly passed before reaching the 30-year mark of her career, and unfortunately she wasn't as vocally consistent before passing either, which is exactly my point in saying Beyoncé is handling her career and her live/prerecorded ratio just right. I compared her to Madonna and Janet because they're the only pop icons with comparable careers built around both singing and dancing onstage. YOU, on the other hand, compared her to a local Eastern European artist who is 87.

As for ticket prices, there are countless factors beyond vocal delivery: a longer show, a significantly larger stage, one of the biggest LED screens she's ever toured with, more dancers, more crew, more lighting, more automation, more costume changes, and a far more elaborate production overall. Whether that justifies the price is subjective, but reducing it to "she used prerecorded vocals" ignores everything else that went into the show.

1) I don't need to have any credentials to judge the CCT.

2) No, it's not, as I already said she's Beyoncé and not an average singer like Madonna and Janet. If you believe so, then you are the one devaluating Beyoncé's capabilities. Doing a few shows here and there and then disappearing for two years does not warrant this kind of treatment, since she's also not dancing much. There's no justification for lipping Protector (for example), no matter how you spin it.

3) Whitney continued to sing live even at her worst, and yes, she refused to lip-synch, just like my local singer.

4) Big screens and expensive props are literally what the most embarrassing "artists" like Taylor Swift provide at their show to compensate their lack of talent. Beyoncé doesn't need them. She's the "a mic and a mic" type of artist, which is ironic, since a few days ago the Deja Vu performance at BET awards was celebrated as one of the best in Bey's career by the same users in this base. It pains me to state such obvious things rip

5) It's pointless to make any criticism when there's an army of fans ready to justify everything she does. She knows it very well, which is why she does not care and therefore nothing will change.

Edited by Pepo

jay being this active is already bad enough as is but him doing more for a 30 year old album than his wife does for her last 3 is especially darksided. like salt in a fresh wound

azealia

im late to the next round of #rankings but

  1. End of Myfuckingwig

  2. 1+1

  3. Rather Die Young

  4. I Care

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.