Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Pixel 10 Pro vs iPhone, is it time to switch?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Android, 100% iPhone feels very old, just seeing that outdated keyboard didn't make me want to use iPhone again. I can't control the sound independently? Are you kidding me? The truth is tha

  • AI is not a reason to switch  Pixel hasn't been impressive to me since the 3XL switch if you want out of the apple ecosystem 

  • The apple sheep will tell you no but you should have switched years ago. Iphones remain STALE. 

AI is not a reason to switch 

Pixel hasn't been impressive to me since the 3XL

switch if you want out of the apple ecosystem 

Only thing keeping me is Android versions of apps SUCK. Even Google's own apps like YouTube and Google Maps are more optimized on iOS than Android. 

Android, 100%

iPhone feels very old, just seeing that outdated keyboard didn't make me want to use iPhone again. I can't control the sound independently? Are you kidding me?

The truth is that the current Android (the expensive ones, not the cheap ones) have nothing to envy to the iPhone. Ecosystem? What are we talking about ecosystem? Apple's headphones can be used on Android too. Airplay? Bluetooth, it's practically the same thing. Apple Music? You can use it on Android too. iMessage?, SMS (If you are one of those who are annoyed that your color bubble is a different color, I would recommend you to visit a psychologist), if you live in the USA, you might have a little inconvenience. In the rest of the world people use WhatsApp or Messenger. 

iPhone is a very closed system. As I said before, it looks outdated compared to Android. If you've never used it, if you're coming from iPhone, you might find it a bit complicated at first, but you get used to it quickly and it's amazing.

Most people who use iPhones are either used to it, or are posers.

 

Edited by bliaz

I just switched earlier this year from Pixel to iPhone after switching from iPhone to Pixel for about 4 years.

I so miss my Pixel for all of the much better QOL features and conveniences it has, but I got approved for an Apple card.

I switched to Pixel in 2016 and never looked back. I keep up with iPhone by helping the elderly do this and that for them. iPhone is for those that don't know about phones at this point because even the Galaxy Note is a million times better except for that year they were blowing up of course... :lakitu:

19 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

Only thing keeping me is Android versions of apps SUCK. Even Google's own apps like YouTube and Google Maps are more optimized on iOS than Android. 

This is 100% not true. All Google apps are integrated into the pixel and with screen off as well. 

I recently transferred from iPhone to Android, and that change was just a breath of fresh air. There's very little I miss when it comes to having an iPhone. They have a very tight ecosystem, for better and for worse, but I just prefer the Android operating system.

I'm an Android user, but am thinking of switching to a much more basic cellphone.

My phone, computer, tablet, TV and other devices have so much feature overlap that it's overwhelming.

 

Downgrading to a non-smartphone might be the change I need to "declutter" my busy mind. 

 

Edited by Reginald

If you want more flexibility, versatility then choose Pixel. If you prefer basic things but works flawlessly then iPhone. 

My next phone is probably going to be a pixel. Not that it matters or anything. I'll be using the same 4 apps all the same than if I had an iphone, a Motorola or whatever.

With something like PC vs Mac, or the Surface vs iPad..yes, I do see how Apple's OS can be stifling..but with mobile devices (and keep in mind I rooted my Galaxy S5 in middle school) what's the purpose of having a "free" OS..I'm more than happy with my iPhone and it's OS

I used to be torn between Apple and Samsung, until I got the Pixel 3 and have been using Pixel products since.

31 minutes ago, Iceland said:

android apps suck

Could you give a clear example? I don't have any problem with any app.

The apple sheep will tell you no but you should have switched years ago. Iphones remain STALE. 

1 hour ago, Shinkirou said:

My next phone is probably going to be a pixel. Not that it matters or anything. I'll be using the same 4 apps all the same than if I had an iphone, a Motorola or whatever.

It does matter. You have a lot more freedom with pixel and there are a lot more better quality of life issues with android and the pixel. 

this is one of the problems i've been thinking about.

 

i can side load apps, have a systemwide adblocker (for free i think). after having root access, i can use lucky patcher for a lot of shii

 

but do i need all that? also android phones are bloated with apps from brands and i guess im still not be able to uninstall them completely. also pixel is not available in my country.

 

guess i stick to iphone

Logic only exists on Macs which forces me to have a Mac which means it just makes more sense to have an iPhone :rip: 

54 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

It does matter. You have a lot more freedom with pixel and there are a lot more better quality of life issues with android and the pixel. 

Most people just want to play a few games, browse the internet, use social media, and watch YouTube.  There is no difference between iPhones and Android phones for a majority of the world's population at this point aside from price, and even that isn't so different anymore.  
 

I find the entire iPhone vs Android phones or iOS vs Android debates to be stupid.  Both OS' are incredibly similar at this point, and it's hilarious how Android has become more locked down over time due to greedy manufacturers while iOS has been forced to open up due to government pressure.  And yes, you can download ad blockers on iOS, I've been using one for years.

Edited by Archetype

3 hours ago, rigo said:

With Apple soooo behind with AI is it time to switch?

disagree, not everything is about AI. Software can be developed, but NOT hardware.

the latest google's tensor chip cant even beat 3 years old apple's A15 Bionic chips 

The Pixel the goat android tbh.

 

But end of the day it's up to you lol.

I switched to Android a few years ago and switched back to iPhone less than a year later.

 

Android has come a long way, but apps definitely don't run as smoothly as they do in iOS, Android phones have too many gimmicks that I simply don't care about, and security is a lot worse. I miss some of the customization features, but that's about it. Just go with what you prefer.

 

You might love a change of pace. You can always sell it and switch back if not.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.