Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Are you financially literate?

Featured Replies

Much of our lives in this capitalist doom spiral revolves around knowing how to spend money. Is this a skill you possess? :celestial5:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • vuelve88
    vuelve88

    Yeah, I learned from the best   

  • One years ago, I barely understood what crypto was - Bitcoin was just a buzzword to me. Now, I'm trading altcoins, mastering futures, and pulling in consistent profits with leverage trading! My portfo

  • Vixen Eyes
    Vixen Eyes

    no and i wish i had a genie in a bottle.mp3 to make currencies across the world disappear so people wouldnt feel the need to be greedy as often

no and i wish i had a genie in a bottle.mp3 to make currencies across the world disappear so people wouldnt feel the need to be greedy as often

I need a sugar daddy :-*

To make my dream come true, I'd like to sacrifice my best friend @IBeMe to Satan

 

Lemme live in a lavish lifestyle :weeps:

2 minutes ago, David_Greengrass97 said:

I need a sugar daddy :-*

To make my dream come true, I'd like to sacrifice my best friend @IBeMe to Satan

 

Lemme live in a lavish lifestyle :weeps:

fr he only needs to be like a 5/10 as long as he's not greasy and smelly 

I spend all my money collecting art I can't afford. It's ridiculous. Some **** really think they're the MoMA. 

Yes. Investing is key, I tell this to everyone. (Short Tesla rn) It has given me freedom. Now Karol G announce your tour so I can follow you around El Mundo, mi Reina! 

One years ago, I barely understood what crypto was - Bitcoin was just a buzzword to me. Now, I'm trading altcoins, mastering futures, and pulling in consistent profits with leverage trading! My portfolio's never looked better. DM me if you want my step-by-step strategy to start winning big in crypto!

I had financially illiterate parents so I've had to learn through trial and error. It wasn't until last year that I felt like I figured it out. My credit score is good, I have savings, and disciplined spending habits. I should start investing but honestly I still need to learn more about my options (other than my 401k).

 

My general rule is if I cant buy something twice I can't afford it and that's worked for me. I'm also lucky enough where my bills are not that bad right now. School made it impossible for me to save anything so that being done was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Edited by bad guy

Yes, I had to teach myself how to be financially literate when I moved out for uni. I can stretch a paycheque like crazy

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

I grew up in extreme poverty, and even though it's not to be glamorized I've always been pretty good at stretching a dollar. 

 

I saw a financial advisor once a few years ago when I started making decent money. I have good savings to the point if I lost my job I could live off of it for months without worrying just yet, but my fiance works in corporate and he's helped me.

 

We use a budgeting app for expenses, we pay off all the needs (rent, toiletries, subscriptions, groceries) first then we give ourselves a monthly limit for "wants" (clothes, shoes, accessories, other miscellaneous items). If it's a big purchase outside of that limit we talk about it and decide together. Then we have a couple dollars for investments but I'm in charge of that cause he doesn't watch the stock market.

 

Works for us.

No i am trying to learn. It is my first time living alone and my head is like WTF. I am actually good with the numbers too but it's more the decision making. I feel like i'm going to learn and be okay but please help.

A bugbear of mine is we spend countless hours teaching kids stuff that for non specialists is ultimately useless nonsense, like quadratic equations, or when the battle of Waterloo was, but 99% of people leave school not having a clue how mortgages work, or pensions, or even really useful maths like compound interest. Stuff that affects them big time through their lives.
 

I'm sure, for most, anything on the news about the bond market just appears like white noise, except it's the thing that plays a massive role in how much your mortgage is, your car loan, or what you get out of a pension. Do we learn about it through the education system? Unless your doing degree level economics the answer is a 99% no.

 

This stuff, boring though it may be, would help people understand so much better and help them make some smarter decisions.

To this day I have no clue what financial literacy actually means :skull:
 

But yeah I save and invest, so I guess that's something?

No but I'm trying. My salary is not too bad compared to the minimum wage here, sometimes I spend way too much in **** that I shouldn't but not too bad I guess. 

kinda sorta. ive grown out of overspending on silly things and my dad is a finance bro that helps me with investing my money so i've made a cute coin

 

spacer.png

Yeah my parents were both extremely careful with money, so I think I get that from them. I've never really budgeted but I save a significant portion of my salary and split it between regular savings accounts and stocks and shares accounts. I always pay my credit card bill off in full and make sure to keep my utilisation low (I've asked my bank to raise the credit limit a few times just so my utilisation is lower). I'll never buy anything on credit (**** you Klarna), I bought my phone and laptop outright and have a sim only contract.

 

Side note but it shocks me how much some people spend on groceries. I remember in university my flatmates regularly spending at least double the amount I was on a weekly shop. Batch cooking + sticking to supermarket own brand is the best way to go.

I'm quite good at saving but also I need a better job, then I would be unstoppable

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.