Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

MARINA - "BUTTERFLY"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 784
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She keeps reheating these self-empowerment nachos and putting out completely worthless material. Why does she keep trying to act like she has ops against her when she's a flop?? Singing about people n

  • smartalek22
    smartalek22

    this is a threat

  • She needs to retire already, sorry 

She sounds great but that chorus is irredeemable. This could smash and it wouldn't make it any better.

I actually like this!!! Should probably be shorter though

The comments on the video are full of bots and the audio is in mono :priceless:

 

love the video though

5 hours ago, shookspeare said:

woke up this morning and this god-forsaken chorus was the first thing to pop into my head

 

spacer.png

Same.:bibliahh:

Dropping her stage name and going only by Marina was her biggest mistake. Marina is such a bland stage name and it translated to her output. 

hold on.... I think I see the vision. The bridge is very TFJ/EH-coded :agaycatabra: the nachos were reheated accordingly 

Edited by Pendulum

Damn i just saw the video , incredible 

 

I will have the song on repeat for sure 

35 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

hold on.... I think I see the vision. The bridge is very TFJ/EH-coded :agaycatabra: the nachos were reheated accordingly 

But that actually sucks because second era in a row she sounds like someone who is trying to capture the sound and magic of Marina & the Diamonds

I thought people said she was only using high voice? I love the voice she uses in the verses, reminds me of best song of all time Blue

But yeah This isn't that bad :rip: The chorus is like Grimes Art Angles and maybe she can fill that void while grimes is MIA :eli:

1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

Dropping her stage name and going only by Marina was her biggest mistake. Marina is such a bland stage name and it translated to her output. 

Ngl I was so confused about that random decision :rip: Like that name was iconic, dumb cali rich woman behavior

I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to like it but I'm just not sure.

 

With regards to the chorus, I think she was trying to capture the essence of songs from TFJ, like Mowgli's Road for example. They're also kind of childlike and nursery rhyme sounding but imo I don't think it's aged well.

 

I get the same kind of feeling with Melanie Martinez's Crybaby album, I used to bop hard to it back then but now it sounds dated and cringe. It has the same effect as a grown adult doing baby voice. 

 

Electra Heart remains her best era.

17 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

What's her Spotify debut numbers?

around 700k which is good for an indie act :heart:

Cannot deny how catchy it is, also love the outro a lot. There's some lyrics I don't care for but other than that I enjoy this!

It's growing on me. As is often the case with Marina, you have to give her songs a few listens to allow them to sink in.

I miss her lower register. I hear so many parts of the song she could've used it. The outro specially 

This is really good actually, it's classic Marina but experimenting with modern, trendy sounds (high-pitched voice, the production). Obsessed! 

Edited by PopKills

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.