Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

MARINA - "BUTTERFLY"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 784
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She keeps reheating these self-empowerment nachos and putting out completely worthless material. Why does she keep trying to act like she has ops against her when she's a flop?? Singing about people n

  • smartalek22
    smartalek22

    this is a threat

  • She needs to retire already, sorry 

On 2/23/2025 at 11:19 PM, Skestina said:

"BUTTERFLY" on Spotify:
Day 1: 690,885
Day 2: 486,086
Total: 1,176,971 streams

"This is the fastest solo song in MARINA's career to surpass 1 million on the platform."

 

I'm honestly surprised and I say this as a Marine stan... The new management that Sabrina is also in is truly working overtime :clap3:

I am also a MARINA stan and surprised every time I see a video of her or a song having lots of views 😅 I saw MTV posted the song on their instagram and to my surprise it got 530K views - their most watched reel the last 10 days.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DGV1mDnsFzg/

 

Love to see all the people that bashed the song eating their words now btw :gaycat5: You can't escape the song's catchiness.

11 hours ago, Démodé said:

omg the froot backlash when it wasn't EH 2.0

 

people who experienced that, we really are seeing everything they say abt her now so unserious

Omg really? I became a fan when FROOT came out and didn't know it was that bad. Poor girl, I hope she doesn't read comments.

spacer.png


The hypocrisy and utter confusion on ATRL when it comes to the reception of Jade's "Angel of My Dreams" versus Marina's BUTTERFLY is enough to make anyone lose their faith in music discourse. Let's talk about Jade for a second. "Angel of My Dreams" is reductive to its core — a basic, formulaic, regurgitated sound that feels like every other generic track in today's dream-pop scene. It's pleasant enough (MY FIRST COMPLIMENT IN 2025 OF THIS SONG), sure, but that's about where its merits end. Yet, for some baffling reason, ATRL has decided to elevate this utterly uninspired song to god-like status, showering it with praise as if it were the most revolutionary piece of music to hit the airwaves in the last decade. It's as if they've convinced themselves that being vague and repetitive somehow makes a track artistic.

spacer.png

Now let's talk about Marina's BUTTERFLY. Not only is it a daring and bold evolution of her sound, but it is packed with innovation, creativity, and emotional depth. BUTTERFLY is the sonic reinvention that so many artists desperately need to take but are too afraid to. It's layered, intricate, and brimming with new ideas, blending genres and pushing boundaries in ways that are not easy to digest — but that's the point! Marina isn't just playing it safe, she's taking risks, and what does ATRL do? They flat out reject it. They dismiss it as if it's some sort of experimental failure, ignoring the masterful complexity behind the production and the deep introspection in her lyrics. It's not just art, it's a statement. And yet, ATRL can't be bothered to give it the time of day.

spacer.png

Instead, they choose to elevate Angel of My Dreams:jonny5:, a track that has absolutely nothing new to say. No daring risk-taking, no growth. Just recycled sounds in the most basic form. Meanwhile, Marina, an artist who actually challenges herself and the listener, gets tossed aside like an afterthought. It's baffling. It's like ATRL has decided to reward the least inventive music while shunning the artists who are actually pushing the envelope. It's a disservice to both music and the very idea of artistic progression. How is this not obvious to this site?

spacer.png

8 hours ago, MeAndMyHand said:

Omg really? I became a fan when FROOT came out and didn't know it was that bad. Poor girl, I hope she doesn't read comments.

the initial reception of FROOT was abysmal, she was bashed on social media much more heavily back then. She's had her one or two meltdown moments since then and they have toned it down. Imagine!

I remember reactions to Froot. People wanted Electra Heart 2.0 but Marina focused on songwriting, I think she wanted to be treated more seriously. Froot aged like fine wine though

29 minutes ago, Démodé said:

the initial reception of FROOT was abysmal, she was bashed on social media much more heavily back then. She's had her one or two meltdown moments since then and they have toned it down. Imagine!

Omg I didn't know that! People are tasteless, FROOT (the album and the song) is literally her magnum opus! 

1 hour ago, Element Of Milk said:

spacer.png


The hypocrisy and utter confusion on ATRL when it comes to the reception of Jade's "Angel of My Dreams" versus Marina's BUTTERFLY is enough to make anyone lose their faith in music discourse. Let's talk about Jade for a second. "Angel of My Dreams" is reductive to its core — a basic, formulaic, regurgitated sound that feels like every other generic track in today's dream-pop scene. It's pleasant enough (MY FIRST COMPLIMENT IN 2025 OF THIS SONG), sure, but that's about where its merits end. Yet, for some baffling reason, ATRL has decided to elevate this utterly uninspired song to god-like status, showering it with praise as if it were the most revolutionary piece of music to hit the airwaves in the last decade. It's as if they've convinced themselves that being vague and repetitive somehow makes a track artistic.

spacer.png

Now let's talk about Marina's BUTTERFLY. Not only is it a daring and bold evolution of her sound, but it is packed with innovation, creativity, and emotional depth. BUTTERFLY is the sonic reinvention that so many artists desperately need to take but are too afraid to. It's layered, intricate, and brimming with new ideas, blending genres and pushing boundaries in ways that are not easy to digest — but that's the point! Marina isn't just playing it safe, she's taking risks, and what does ATRL do? They flat out reject it. They dismiss it as if it's some sort of experimental failure, ignoring the masterful complexity behind the production and the deep introspection in her lyrics. It's not just art, it's a statement. And yet, ATRL can't be bothered to give it the time of day.

spacer.png

Instead, they choose to elevate Angel of My Dreams:jonny5:, a track that has absolutely nothing new to say. No daring risk-taking, no growth. Just recycled sounds in the most basic form. Meanwhile, Marina, an artist who actually challenges herself and the listener, gets tossed aside like an afterthought. It's baffling. It's like ATRL has decided to reward the least inventive music while shunning the artists who are actually pushing the envelope. It's a disservice to both music and the very idea of artistic progression. How is this not obvious to this site?

spacer.png

Almost thought this was serious for a sec. Excellent :laugh:

Honestly at first I was like "What on earth is this"

 

Now it is on repeat - Only issue I see is that the song is too long.

5 hours ago, TESTES said:

Honestly at first I was like "What on earth is this"

 

Now it is on repeat - Only issue I see is that the song is too long.

I knew some people who initially didn't like it or didn't know how to feel about it, would come around! I would love a sick remix to this though!

Forget the Froot backlash, the vile stuff she got with Radioactive being the first song after TFJ...whew she was THE sell-out. Glad some are coming around to this song and seeing the vision

Ive been  a huge fan of Marina since TFJ and was able to see here live finally a couple of years ago but other than joining here a couple of months ago, I've never been into stan culture/social media too much,

did she really just get hate for every single album she released?:rip: That's so stupid, everyone else was allowed to switch their sounds so why was she the one singled out? The hate here has always been try hard and excessive but I didn't know it was there since the beginning

The song is amazing 

I dont understand why it gets this hate 

I would remove the final part and make it shorter but still i love it 

On 2/23/2025 at 10:19 PM, Skestina said:

"BUTTERFLY" on Spotify:
Day 1: 690,885
Day 2: 486,086
Total: 1,176,971 streams

"This is the fastest solo song in MARINA's career to surpass 1 million on the platform."

 

I'm honestly surprised and I say this as a Marine stan... The new management that Sabrina is also in is truly working overtime :clap3:

🦋 "BUTTERFLY" on Spotify: 

Day 1: 690.885 

Day 2: 486.086 

Day 3: 369.477 

Day 4: 408.714 

 

Total: 1.955.162

 

:chick2:

2 hours ago, Skestina said:

🦋 "BUTTERFLY" on Spotify: 

Day 1: 690.885 

Day 2: 486.086 

Day 3: 369.477 

Day 4: 408.714 

 

Total: 1.955.162

 

:chick2:

Not the increase! Butterly is here to stay! 

Idk like it's OKAY… but nothing new or groundbreaking. The chorus voice is kinda annoying and we did not need to repeat the same static chorus like 10 times. I want better for my sis. Man's world captured me more 
 

rs_640x360-180628194532-RuPauls_Drag_Rac
 

can't stop listening to it :jonnycat:

 

YEAH IMMA SMASHING SONG

 

Edited by sam.teas

19 hours ago, Kern said:

I remember reactions to Froot. People wanted Electra Heart 2.0 but Marina focused on songwriting, I think she wanted to be treated more seriously. Froot aged like fine wine though

I love Froot <3 Probably my favorite album of hers

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.