Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

K-Pop Thread 2025

Featured Replies

first ot4 pic in a long time :deadbanana2:

 

my family :weeps: we are SOOOO BACK

 

GvBgCzZXcAAWoDe?format=jpg&name=large

  • Replies 47.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sailor Moon
    Sailor Moon

    nnn the popup message nnn.. thought i was getting banned for a sec 

  • I'm going to eat the spaghetti today while reading all the meltdowns. I'm still not going to stream Spaghetti though but I will choose to stream this instead     After all the

  • aespa didn't chart but guess what, we're STILL not streaming Stray Kids  

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

 

I'm one of the people who enjoy Tarzzan's work, and I'm also Black and Latino. I'm not going to overlook the fact that his "koriggafication" is a real problem. It's unnecessary, offensive, and I consistently call it out when I see it, no matter how talented or attractive I think he is.

 

This kind of exaggerated performance of Black culture might come from a place of admiration, but it still ends up being a caricature. As someone from the culture, I know how damaging that can be. Just because he loves U.S. hip-hop does not give him a pass to embody a stylized, stereotyped version of what some executives think Blackness looks like. It's unacceptable, full stop.

 

This isn't how he presented himself as a model, influencer, or dancer before TBL. That makes it clear to me that the label's executives are pushing this image. It's not just disappointing. It's calculated, and it's exploitative.

Seeing that gif of him modeling and he looks a lot better as himself. The exaggerated expressions and his styling do him no favors but YG executives are some of the worst when it comes to pushing an image on their idols… 

 

 

The Blackpink teaser sounds so much like the Viviz teaser? But the Viviz song sounds better.

55 minutes ago, thirdward said:

anyway, we should ask ourselves why bc I'm a BTS hater but cmon an animated group being the first kpop group to reach #1 on spotify US hm idk 

:clack:

The most important metric for playlisting and airplay is called "familiarity." It's why when you go to a wedding or some kind of party, they play Top 40 hits that have been out for months instead of deep cuts. Or why RateTheMusic, a platform where you give feedback on music for radio stations, always asks if you're "familiar" with music.

 

The U.S. becomes more and more open to outside cultures/languages the more they're exposed to it. Demon Hunters is benefiting from BTS/BP/TWICE/RV's success the way BTS/BP/TWICE/RV benefited from SNSD/WG/KARA/T-ARA.

6 minutes ago, New Edition said:

The Blackpink teaser sounds so much like the Viviz teaser? But the Viviz song sounds better.

Now wait a minute

:eek: 

 

Kpop Demon Hunters' global success is just proof that the GP is xenophobic to Korean acts

30 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

the iconic legends are back AHHHHHHH :WAP:

 

 

Where are the horns :khalyan2:

1 minute ago, paddii_ said:

Where are the horns :khalyan2:

they finally came to their senses after returning from their solo adventures 

rapperjennie

2 hours ago, TheCal said:

well yes her name is Annie and that's her in the video below:gaycat:

 

 

Oh wow the video was cute, who's the guy? :gaycat:

also aren't Koreans really against chaebols in kpop and the sentiment is not positive in general? But then I see this group is smashing on korean charts? It's confusing.

:ryan3:

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator

I really hope Kard performs Before We Go on one of the music shows. I just know the choreography is gonna hit. it’s so good. 
 

 

Golden smashing isn't really surprising, they love a feel good song in the US, kinda reminds me of Rachel Platten's fight song

:laugh: 

 

5 minutes ago, The Prophecy said:

 

Golden smashing isn't really surprising, they love a feel good song in the US, kinda reminds me of Rachel Platten's fight song

:laugh: 

 

it's the new roar

59 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

 

sounds great!

Lmfao not them casually eating us up and delivering again 🤣 and on my birthday. I love being a MY it's like being in a healthy relationship after being brendcrumbed by YG and BP

43 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

 

Jennifer already over it :redface:

Dx girl wouldn't be so low energy if she wasn't eating vapes as her 3 meals per day Dx

19 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Oh wow the video was cute, who's the guy? :gaycat:

also aren't Koreans really against chaebols in kpop and the sentiment is not positive in general? But then I see this group is smashing on korean charts? It's confusing.

:ryan3:

I don't know if I've ever heard of that being a thing before. At least, it never seemed to be a problem for idols like Siwon and Nichkhun. They were the most popular of their respective groups, actually, so it seems they were celebrated for it. :laugh:

 

It's kind of bizarre that they've chosen to single her out and put emphasis on her background, considering rich idols are like a dime a dozen these days (especially in the 3rd and 4th gens).

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Fancy
This is opulence, it's glowing and it's flashy (Yeah)
Never one to do too much, I keep it classy
I'm not the one, the two or three, so don't you ask me
Feel free to gas me, yeah


64b3d385c972a26cf0fe35cb113f12bc143f5bd2

 

This was actually the peak of human culture :wanda:

No black label producer has shared bp jump yet on social media…

 

this is the first era of bp with no teddy…?:ryan3:

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

UMMM WHAT IS THIS WJSN'd COLLAPSE? :WAP: 

 

it sounds literally amazing :jonny5::jonny5:

1 minute ago, youresotoxic said:

 

it sounds literally amazing :jonny5::jonny5:

They are so back after that atrocious latest mini :jonny5: 

4 hours ago, The Prophecy said:

 

The new boys planet group has a five year contract? Oh it's over for that JYP boygroup who relies on Spotify payola 


 

IMG_9515.thumb.gif.ba6a28dc9ab069fa8af30 

 

I think they'll go the X1's route and have 2.5 years of exclusive contract with WK1 and 2.5 in which they can do promo with their own agencies or groups but yeah, it's gonna be over for everyone else if WK1 doesn't fumble the bag as they always do

 

IMG_9515.thumb.gif.ba6a28dc9ab069fa8af30

 

 

2 minutes ago, LovemeTear said:

No black label producer has shared bp jump yet on social media…

 

this is the first era of bp with no teddy…?:ryan3:

That explains why there are no horns 

:suburban:

27 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

I don't know if I've ever heard of that being a thing before. At least, it never seemed to be a problem for idols like Siwon and Nichkhun. They were the most popular of their respective groups, actually, so it seems they were celebrated for it. :laugh:

 

It's kind of bizarre that they've chosen to single her out and put emphasis on her background, considering rich idols are like a dime a dozen these days (especially in the 3rd and 4th gens).

Yeah I mean kpop idol is basically a rich kid occupation these days, with a few humble background exceptions here and there. But a chaebol is still leagues above any other rich kid, they're more powerful and wealthy than even the highest people in the government, and the korean gp's sentiment is kinda not that favorable in general so i was tryna see how she's being received. Idk, were Siwon, Nickhun etc's backgrounds public info before debut like this girl's??

Edited by Witnessed ET

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.