Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Bigger? Troye Sivan VS. Charli XCX

Polll titlw 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who’s bigger?

    • Troye
      21%
      15
    • Charli
      78%
      56

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

charli xcx are you serious? Fancy is bigger than troye's career

I prefer Charli but I went to Troye's arena tour this week and Charli could never :skull:

  • Author
4 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Is this a joke? :rip: Charli by FAR.

How is Charli bigger by FAR when Troye has more monthly listeners depite Charli just releasing an album? Also, Troye has 5.3 billion streams as lead artist, while Charli only has 3.5 billion.

 

Genuinely asking, what's your reasoning to say that?

overall charli xcx bigger but i would say troye sivan was bigger name in latest years till the bratz come out. he needs to remix a song with lorde :giraffe:

I know technically the answer is Troye based on stats but it truly does not feel that way at all :skull: 

 

I just think Charli has more cultural impact and a more dedicated fanbase that amplifies her.

well both are quite skinny but charli has boobs so I'd say she's bigger? I don't know how tall Troye is but he seems on the shorter side.

Edited by TrashMagiq

27 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

How is Charli bigger by FAR when Troye has more monthly listeners depite Charli just releasing an album? Also, Troye has 5.3 billion streams as lead artist, while Charli only has 3.5 billion.

 

Genuinely asking, what's your reasoning to say that?

Genuinely asking, what is the purpose of the thread you've created, if you know the answer?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

Genuinely asking, what is the purpose of the thread you've created, if you know the answer?


I actually think that both of them are close on how big they are. While Troye has better streaming stats worldwide, Brat is shaping to be bigger than any Troye's era and she seems to have a bigger and more dedicated fanbase, at least in the US and the UK. So i was interested in what's everyone's opinion on the matter :cm:

Charli absolutely; even if someone doesn't know who she is they've likely heard (actively or passively) something she's written. No shade to Troye though, he's in a similar lane where even though he hasn't had a huge smash his fanbase is pretty dedicated and critics like him

Edited by Blue Monday

Troye is bigger if we look at stats/numbers and is probably known by a larger general audience due to being "the" twink, his recent association with Timothée Chalamet, his YouTube past etc. Basically, he's more of a celebrity than Charli. Charli, on the other hand, has of course had a bigger impact on the music industry and the culture as a whole, and particularly in the evolution of what we now consider to be "pop".

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

How is Charli bigger by FAR when Troye has more monthly listeners depite Charli just releasing an album? Also, Troye has 5.3 billion streams as lead artist, while Charli only has 3.5 billion.

 

Genuinely asking, what's your reasoning to say that?

Fancy was a #1 a hit that I belive is diamond certified or 9xplatinum. I love it was also #1 in the UK, Boom Clap also went top 10 in a lot of markets. Brat has done better than any Troye album and I believe Crash did as well. 

 

And more than that, Charli has a huuuge fanbase. I think Troye might have more casual listeners but Charli has tons of hardcore stans. I believe she's a bigger touring force as well.

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:


I actually think that both of them are close on how big they are. While Troye has better streaming stats worldwide, Brat is shaping to be bigger than any Troye's era and she seems to have a bigger and more dedicated fanbase, at least in the US and the UK. So i was interested in what's everyone's opinion on the matter :cm:

I don't think that's necessarily true - "Rush" and "One of Your Girls" are bigger than "360" and anything else from brat, Charli just has insane acclaim and viral hype. She'll eventually get a couple 100M streamers from this album, but nothing as big as those. However, I do think brat will go down as being a lot more remembered and iconic than STGEO, despite both being high-quality and well-executed albums/eras. Yes, it's tough to choose. I think Troye has wider GP appeal, which is funny given he's a twink who writes super gay music, but his sound is much less progressive than Charli's.

Charli! Especially when you consider that she's achieved what she has while existing in a much more competitive space than Troye. Female singer songwriters in synth pop in the 2010s were everywhere. Troye's always taken advantage of being The Twink Singer. He also had a built-in audience from YouTube. That's all to say that she has the potential to grow still, as witnessed by Brat being her biggest era to date, while Troye seems to have already hit his peak & is on a decline

So, here's the answer:

- Charli has more hits

- Charli has a bigger core fanbase

- Troye has more casual listeners

 

:cm:

Troye has 23M monthly active on spotify and charli has 19M with an album just dropped, so I have to say him at this moment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.