Where should Taylor go from here?

.Odyssey.

Come back in four years with her Ray of Light :chick1:

In all seriousness though, put out a re-recording later this year, one in 2025, and finish up the Eras Tour. Then take a break and come back with TS12 in 2027 (ideally 2028 but that's probably too long of a wait for her). I haven't heard TTPD and I'm not a Jack hater but I do think she needs a different producer to freshen up her sound, even Midnights felt like it was mostly an inferior retread of her past pop albums.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ttsmu

• .Odyssey.

• mrpartyrocker

• AvadaKedavra

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe she is starting to sacrifice her growth as an artist in exchange to stay on top of the world. She knows the formula that is working for her and is kinda in the "don't fix it if it aint broke".

She should quit the juvenile high school crush love lyrics.. she is like 35 so its time to grow and come up with different lyrical concepts in full projects and not partial. 

• Like 2

I don't think this album was needed. Especially an album about the relationship with Matty Healy since it was a brief romance. Did anyone actually care about that relationship and did anyone actually want to hear an album about it? I think she should have just finished the tour, released the remaining two re-recordings and maybe a live album.  Maybe this album was needed from a business perspective, but I don't see how it was needed from an artistic one.

What I think is her biggest problem now is that she is surrounded by "yes people". Her previous record company had control over her career. I think that they knew how to say no to her and that she made business and artistic decisions more carefully. And better. She seriously needs that now. And I think that is the biggest problem in her career right now. She has no "external" control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

Let's wait for today's release; the leaked content has poor quality

OP: I think she should give Max another chance. 

Mine is perfect quality. Check dbree 

1 minute ago, Daglazzo said:

Mine is perfect quality. Check dbree 

As if a "better quality" mp3 would make her actually sing better and make the album less boring. :coffee2:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Mate said:

I don't think this album was needed. Especially an album about the relationship with Matty Healy since it was a brief romance. Did anyone actually care about that relationship and did anyone actually want to hear an album about it? I think she should have just finished the tour, released the remaining two re-recordings and maybe a live album.  Maybe this album was needed from a business perspective, but I don't see how it was needed from an artistic one.

What I think is her biggest problem now is that she is surrounded by "yes people". Her previous record company had control over her career. I think that they knew how to say no to her and that she made business and artistic decisions more carefully. And better. She seriously needs that now. And I think that is the biggest problem in her career right now. She has no "external" control.

Not to compare her with my fav but....

....this is the same issue that happened to Madonna post 2008 and became increasingly apparent as the years went on. Artists like her and Taylor bring a plethora of good ideas, concepts, and content to the table, but their work suffers without any curation and collaborators that can say no and help fine tune the idea. 

Hopefully the mixed reactions to the album this time around help inspire her to shake it up with her team and find more objective collaborators.

• Like 1

For the love of God, lock Jack in a basement somewhere and work with different producers.

15 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

As if a "better quality" mp3 would make her actually sing better and make the album less boring. :coffee2:

Couldn't agree more, but I really don't need her fans to jump on me :gaycat5:

• Thanks 1

i want to see her challenge herself and do something that shocks us 

like dancing well, rock or more main pop girl leaning pop

Swifties will praise it and she will continue to work with Jack and make more mid albums. 

spacer.png

… away. At least for a few years. It feels like she sucks all the air out of pop culture.

• Like 1

Go back to experimenting like she did with reputation. She gave up that sound and image because she didn't get the attention it needed. Not sure why she's so afraid to do what the f she wants in music considering out of all the popstars, she's the most powerful to do so! Give up this constant chase after teenagers. 

1 hour ago, diemoehre said:

The album isn't even out officially....

It's not like that will change its course and quality :rip:

Finish up eras and the re-recordings soon, take a break from music, focus on her film(s) for Searchlight. Come back in 2028-2023 with her Ray of Light / Self Tilted from a new perspective as a woman in her 40s.

i'm gonna be brutally honest. Sorry if it's too much :clack:

That jack antonoff guy needs to go away. Can we have some backlash against him again? 
Shes gettin as uneventful as lana,or lorde with her music. Same rehash of the rehash. So annoying.
Same basic Synthpop and the same production tricks. Now everything is startin to feel like midnights 2.0 / midnights 3.0 or past eras rejects.

Even if i cant stand Beyonce fans cause they are mean af. Thats an artist who is always challengin herself musically-evolvin :gaycat4: and doin it great
Lookin for new producers-mv directors.
Beyonce is inspiring in that sense or Gaga. Always shifting and trying new things even if they dont work. Miley Cyrus lately too. 
Even people like Shakira. She's been trying new things in this decade. With her new album.
New styles like corridos or afrobeats like nassau and not typical reggaeton like the other latinos. Movin to Synthpop (New grounds for her)

If taylor keeps working with antonoff.  Hope she gets panned critical wise....So she realizes he's not helping her at all.
He's drowning her amazing artistry.
She's in such a comfort zone now. Its whack!
Sadly the prentious hipsters will put a "universal acclaim" to everything she releases even if its bad just cause is slow and moody :giraffe: 
She will probably come with midnights 4.0 / lover 4.0 next again and get more awards and stuff. 
I think shes very very talented. Jack was good at first and gave her masterpieces but not anymore.
She really needs new people guiding her with her ART. I dont want this album to win any grammys.

Hope the 12th one is poppier. I would love something dancey and unserious. We dont have that side of taylor yet
Would love some disco. Some party bops. Some stylish songs. Maybe urban tracks? :giraffe: Some sneak peaks behind taylor rich life
Maybe about her new sporty boyfriend. About partying. Fun. 

We already got a lot of sad songs with midnights and this new project. Its time for energy! electricity. Fire! 

The 13th one should be her Ray Of Light and a Visual album :gaycat3: Another Magnum Opus

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anywhere she wants, just not home (to Jack) 

I really want her to lean into the 2000s soft rock sound. Imagine an album of Hits Differents, Guilty as Sins, and but daddy I love hims :giraffe: throw a Sheryl Crow/Michelle Branch/Brandi Carlisle collab on there and you have a 5th AOTY

2 minutes ago, Katy.Kat.23 said:

I really want her to lean into the 2000s soft rock sound. Imagine an album of Hits Differents, Guilty as Sins, and but daddy I love hims :giraffe: throw a Sheryl Crow/Michelle Branch/Brandi Carlisle collab on there and you have a 5th AOTY

She had a chance with this album. I really dont get why she's playing so safe :rip:

Away 

she deserves a break and should celebrate her success

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katy.Kat.23 said:

I'm such a clown because I thought her last two albums would have been soft rock and indie rock influenced. Especially Midnights. The cover screamed late 1990s indie pop album. 

Even if she were to continue doing synthpop, Jack is **** at it. She could've had someone giving her Chromatics, Beach House-like, Mazzy Star-ish production with very dreamy soundscapes filled with inventive ideas, and then it's stale synth hour. Aaron gave her a great indie folk sound for folklore. She needed a great dream pop producer

She needs to take a break and get re-inspired.

That lyric about the tattood golden retriever is like a parody of what an OTH would write to make fun of Taylor :rip:

Ofc she's not going to do that, unless the Grammys pay her dust. Which we all know won't happen.

The real question really is why is she still making a "breakup album" at her age and at this stage of her career. You would think that she already grew up and moved past that phase after Red dont you think? 

The latest album feels like a parody of her. It has all the quintissential elements but without the flavor and magic. Even Midnights had some great songs (aka Anti Hero). 

• Like 1

yeah it's time for her to let Jack go. i'm not even an OJAH but it's not working anymore i'm afraid. he screwed over Lorde too.

his work with Lana however is still good. :coffee2:

On hiatus so she can experience things outside of a relationship. It's stale now. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.