Has Taylor lost her creativity/magic touch?

bjorn

She sounds the same as always to me, she never had any creativity or magic to begin with.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Tudors

• Gladiator

• suburbannature

Top Posters In This Topic

She's in this phase in which words take center stage and then she needs the production to have space for it to come through and possibly hook listeners (which it did last time around with massive numbers). People that grew up on Taylor-the-big-hook-machine with loads of clever catchy melodies, busy pop instruments, upbeat percussion, or the opposite finger pickling guitar ballads, are clearly not as invested, minus some songs here and there. There's little one can do with vocal melodies with her singing range, so the talk-singing approach gets repetitive across albums imo. I still think she's just exploring an aspect of her craft and then will turn around and do something else few years down the line. She's in her i'm a pop wordsmith bag for now. I'm checking because there's always good songs to save from these last two projects, but knowing Taylor she will surprise us sonically at some point again

Edited by liquiddiamonds

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

I think a break with Jack has been overdue for a while now.

18 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I do think it will serve her best to stop having Jack

2 hours ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

jack antonoff lost it, and she doesn't know how to let him go (she actually does: old habits die screamingggggg). 

Taylor Swift is neither deaf nor mute. She has working ears to listen to Jack's productions before they make it onto her albums, and she has a functioning mouth to speak up if she doesn't like anything. Jack isn't doing anything she doesn't want.

It's not that she's getting that kind of production because she's sticking with him. She's sticking with him *because* she wants that kind of production. She knows where to go if she wants something else (see her work with Aaron Dessner). If she wanted different, she would get different. Or she'd get Jack to do something different for her :michael:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Taylor Swift is neither deaf nor mute. She has working ears to listen to Jack's productions before they make it onto her albums, and she has a functioning mouth to speak up if she doesn't like anything. Jack isn't doing anything she doesn't want.

I don't think any of us suggested otherwise.

3 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

It's not that she's getting that kind of production because she's sticking with him. She's sticking with him *because* she wants that kind of production. She knows where to go if she wants something else (see her work with Aaron Dessner). If she wanted different, she would get different. Or she'd get Jack to do something different for her :michael:

Wow, I never considered that Taylor wasn't deaf nor mute. :michael:

Yes, a significant part of the fandom shares that view. Just because Taylor prefers that production style doesn't mean we should blindly support everything she does.

If she wants to continue working with him on something 'different,' she can, but many fans believe she should explore collaborations with other people. After all, her fans are also not deaf or mute.

It's sad, because I used to be such a big Swiftie, but I would have to say yes - or at least she's gotten stale. I feel like she needs a complete rehaul of her team/branding, everything has felt like such a retread on the past two albums.

No, she's still very creative. Each new release showcases a body of work distinct from her previous efforts, with great lyrics and infectious hooks. Her ability to consistently innovate shows that she is indeed a great artist. I know for a fact that many of her peers aspire to reach her level of creativity and mastery of the craft.

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

its pretty clear that Joe deserves his grammys

Taylor Swift being "creative" is a narrative that has been heavily pushed by white media, the same ones that push the whole Lana being this "genius" once-in-a-lifetime talent when neither of these women are that creative or talented. 

But anyway, as far as Taylor is concerned, she's way too comfortable with mediocre output bcoz she knows millions will buy her records. When Lover received poor reception, it lit a fire under her ass and she came back with Folklore.

Now, she just wants to quickly sell millions of albums and make money, which is why she keeps releasing the same album.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Finally people is opening their eyes when it comes to Taylor's music and "creativity".

am I missing something? is the album out already in some places or has it leaked??

I thought the same for Midnights yet she reached even new heights and was still critically acclaimed.

It's kinda the fans fault, everyone is kissing her ass. Why would she get new writers/producers when her fans say it's the best thing ever. There is nothing memorable on that album. 

She is probably already working on another album. 

• Like 1

At this point, I think she just makes music to squeeze out as much money from her fans as possible

• Like 1

Given the amount of albums she's released since 2019, it was bound to get bad.

8 hours ago, Ethereal said:

No, she's still very creative. Each new release showcases a body of work distinct from her previous efforts, with great lyrics and infectious hooks. Her ability to consistently innovate shows that she is indeed a great artist. I know for a fact that many of her peers aspire to reach her level of creativity and mastery of the craft.

yoncegif300contrast.thumb.gif.ec5fe8884d

Bringing up Beyonce in the most delusional manner as if her body of work isn't on a completely different level :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Taylor Swift being "creative" is a narrative that has been heavily pushed by white media, the same ones that push the whole Lana being this "genius" once-in-a-lifetime talent when neither of these women are that creative or talented. 

But anyway, as far as Taylor is concerned, she's way too comfortable with mediocre output bcoz she knows millions will buy her records. When Lover received poor reception, it lit a fire under her ass and she came back with Folklore.

Now, she just wants to quickly sell millions of albums and make money, which is why she keeps releasing the same album.

The Lana sneak when she's actually an incredible and highly-influential writer. 

This is her "The Best Damn Thing", "The Truth About Love", "E=MC2" era 

Edited by naval23

9 hours ago, TheFireLexus said:

I mean Taylor is also credited as co producer on all of Midnights.  I am sure it will be the same here. 

11 hours ago, ttsmu said:

Yes.

The whole album is like she is just reading the lyrics. The only good moment in the album is when Florence Welch started to sing. Other than that is just a boring, bland and uninspired album.

You literally hate Taylor yet you sprinted to listen to her album before it's even officially out. Make it make sense :deadbanana2:

Edited by The Music Industry

11 hours ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

Wow, I never considered that Taylor wasn't deaf nor mute. :michael:

Yes, a significant part of the fandom shares that view. Just because Taylor prefers that production style doesn't mean we should blindly support everything she does.

If she wants to continue working with him on something 'different,' she can, but many fans believe she should explore collaborations with other people. After all, her fans are also not deaf or mute.

Well you may not be deaf or mute but there's a slight chance you might be visually impaired if you read my words as suggesting you should "support" anything. "I with she would work with someone else" is very different from "the person she works with is to blame for how her music sounds". 

None of her music is overly creative lmao 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.