Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Blackout2006

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blackout2006

  1. Anyone just LOVE autobahn? It's so 2000s film set in the suburbs soundtrack-coded
  2. Beyonce would've def been dragged by me on the daily cuz I'd be a diehard Navy seal for Rihanna...But I'd secretly be streaming Sweet Dreams
  3. Wait doesn't this place it below THE Katy Perry '143' album. If that's the case, she has to pack it up man
  4. This is such a great remix. It feels like such a celebration of dance music because the lyrics showcasese two generations of dance icons singing about their first times getting into the electronic scene from its bloom in the late 70s to 80s (Madonna's era) till the absolute explosion of it in the late 2000s (Charli xcx's). It really shows how everyone starts from somewhere, and I loved how era-specific their references were (Charli mentioning PG music, Sophie, A.G. Cook).
  5. No way it's been 25 years since self-titled... On another note, I hope its true so we can hear So Am I a Sinner and Mystic Man in HQ Britney's unreleased catalog is so underrated
  6. I'm so blown away by this project. I Like Your Look is literally the best song of all time.
  7. That's not what I'm saying tho, I'm just saying she has an image or branding driven by a narrative a lot of people knew of before she released her debut album (Popstar Academy). An image is important for making an upcoming MPG a well-known act instead of faceless.
  8. Why the HELL wasn't NastyDirtyGross on the standard tracklist, I'm so bothereddddd
  9. I've gone back to 'In The Zone' so much after listening to Boys, it really reminds me of Outrageous and Boom Boom so much. Adela's taste is immaculate.
  10. No? All of these girls faced being "faceless" very early-on in their careers because their songs were massive hits, but people didn't know them. Adela's first hit, Ain't in LA is tied to the image of her being a girl from Slovakia breaking into US mainstream music and her history as a a Katseye reject. She has a narrative, unlike Anne-Marie, Ava Max (𝚋̶𝚎̶𝚜̶𝚒̶𝚍̶𝚎̶𝚜̶ ̶𝚋̶𝚎̶𝚒̶𝚗̶𝚐̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚎̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚊̶𝚜̶ ̶𝚊̶ ̶𝙻̶𝚊̶𝚍̶𝚢̶ ̶𝙶̶𝚊̶𝚐̶𝚊̶ ̶𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚙̶𝚢̶𝚌̶𝚊̶𝚝̶ ̶𝚠̶𝚑̶𝚒̶𝚌̶𝚑̶ ̶𝚒̶𝚜̶𝚗̶'̶𝚝̶ ̶𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚙̶𝚎̶𝚕̶𝚕̶𝚒̶𝚗̶𝚐̶), mid-10s Zara, and Ellie Goulding.
  11. This smash. Idk why, but I still feel this era could've been wayy bigger than it was (although it did make a big enough splash)
  12. People always love to call him and Billie performative and annoying for their activism till its crickets when they actually stand on their beliefs
  13. That's downright false, considering Sabrina has actually garnered a massive loyal fanbase. MBF opened with Sabrina's biggest openings despite being a smaller hit than SNS, and it was also carried by strong pure sales which is often a sign of high fandom loyalty.
  14. Like...Britney does on Blackout, the album in question?
  15. I don't really see it that way, no...All of the girls who have mentioned Blackout as a heavily influential record to their artistry have actually translated it into their own music. For example, I remember hearing lots of Blackout sensibilities on Adela's new debut album and she has cited Blackout as a revolutionary album. I see it with Jade, too
  16. A.I. was started as something for research and people in STEM fields to use. Had we gone down that path, we could've possibly had an ethical version of A.I. that could've helped with math, maybe formulating recipes, and such petty things that don't really harm anyone or anything in the process. My stance is mainly against generative A.I. because it robs people of their work without their consent.
  17. Generative A.I. currently in no shape or form is really arguably ethical. The eco-friendly versions of it like "Eco-GPT" (I think that's the name?) are still using the same cloud servers of database centers that consume freshwater for cooling their machines. Since it's still heavily unregulated, A.I. continues to steal and appropriate people's years of research, media, and art, and deliver us a gross amalgamated version of it depending on our prompt. There's something so eerily body-horror about the people A.I. visually generates because it's not a real figment of its imagination, it's the eyes, lips, nose, hair of all different people mixed into these uncanny mannequins. That's just one thing but all-in-all, it's stealing our work and participating in it obliviously means we're still encouraging a system that's actively destroying books every day, stealing from artists, replacing jobs, widening the rich/poor divide further (in India, workers are having these headgears strapped on their head that record every single aspect of their job's process; it's like your company asking you to train the new employee who is going to replace you and it's disgusting), is disclosing terrifyingly private information of random people, etc. Now, I'm not acting like everyone who uses it should be scorned. I'm not going to find it gross if you use it once in awhile. I only find it REALLY weird when you're talking with an A.I. bot like a FRIEND, venting to a Chatbot that will only affirm you because its biased towards you, asking it to THINK for you, using it all the time for your research and assignments, etc. It's actually killing critical thinking and I don't think people understand the horrifying precedent this is setting for the world.
  18. What Tokyo Toni said

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.