Dua Lipa - "Illusion"

kyliefever2002

17 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Celebrating a #43 debut is... :deadbanana2:

Well I think people expected worse. 

Either way we are cheering for Dua :party: even if she flops we will still be rooting for her because the music is good and she is growing as an artist 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• SayIt

• Cain

• Relampago.

21 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

This song died faster than Houdini and TS…:rip:

Gurl Houdini is pulling great numbers almost half a year later 

It can't be compared with the other 2 

But yeah the song died faster than TS 

She will launch the album with 2 flops and one moderate hit

Edited by shark_heather
  • Like 1

Did you guys see her last instagram post? Looks like she's filming something. :duca:

Spoiler

Watch it be a TV advert for Puma :weeps:

26 minutes ago, Migs said:

Did you guys see her last instagram post? Looks like she's filming something. :duca:

Hide contents

Watch it be a TV advert for Puma :weeps:

Sorry but it's for Yves Saint-Laurent promotion…

• Haha 1

i dont think the song is the problem. Houdini and Training killed all the hype of the era. I would be shocked if something from the album turns into a hit :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Real Housewives Nene Leaks GIF by Slice

Never ending obsessive discussion about chart positions

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gelato said:

Dear Dance The Night,

I hope this letter does not find you well.

You are like a musical mosquito. In the summer of 2023, you buzzed endlessly in everyone's ears and refused to be swatted away. And now, in spring 2024, each time I'm reminded of your existence is like a personal insult - your relentless beats and trite lyrics grinding on my nerves, turning what should have been a fresh Dua Lipa era into a nightmare of the darkest degree.

You are NOT the life of the party - you are the party crasher who won't leave. You are NOT the star of the show - you are an extra at best. But under the thundering dominance you've somehow achieved, Illusion, Training Season and Houdini did not stand a chance. They suffocated under your overplayed, overhyped racket. You did not just overshadow - you obliterated the excitement that was building for Dua's new era.

What's worse, you have turned Dua into a caricature, falsely presented as a one-trick pony who prances to the same tired tune. Thanks to you, the word 'overexposed' doesn't even begin to cover it. You have made Dua the poster child for pop music exhaustion and even exhausted Dua herself, forcing her on seven more vacations.

So, from the bottom of my heart, Dance The Night, I wish you were never born. You will never be able to repent for what you've done to us. At the very, very least, just give us all a break and let Illusion breathe.

With all due disdain,

Gelato

You are like a musical WHAT

Edited by illia
  • Haha 2

Rise :party:

Ilussion better keep rising, the bigger the best until album release week so we can snatch a Top 20 / new peak at least 

Can she do something, her album is releasing in less than 2 weeks and she's busy shooting YSL ads?! The least she can do is promote the album despite not performing any singles…:skull:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Can she do something, her album is releasing in less than 2 weeks and she's busy shooting YSL ads?! The least she can do is promote the album despite not performing any singles…:skull:

Promo is coming 

- May 3= Album Release Week 

- May 4 = Saturday Night Live Host & performer

- May 6 = MET Gala (to be confirmed if she is attending) she will be in NYC it could happen 

- May 12 = Time 100 performance (will be recorded April 25th)

- End of June = Glastonbury 

She film something with BBC

I hope she did also a Live Longue performances

Usually Musical guest & Host go to Jimmy Fallon show for an interview 

Lets trust Dua & her team she will feed us the upcoming days 

Guys just because she performs in X Factor Montenegro doesn't mean the songs are going to shoot up the charts...

Sometimes things take their time to pick up, sometimes they simply don't click with audiencia and that's fine.

When the album week comes she will promote a lot and she, the label and her team have already said they have a plan for a long promotion of the album. Might not get impressive peaks but the overall numbers will be great and she will have a big tour and that's what matters. Next álbum she can try again with a new image and sound and maybe that is more successful resonating with audiences of all kinds.

I personally just love all three tracks. I just wish the imagery of the era was more focused and specific. In terms lf videos, shoots and styling.

• Haha 1

Where is everyone getting 'all the promo' from? 😭 She's doing SNL and that's it as far as we know

I still think this can be a hit. :rip: It just needs some promo.

1 minute ago, collin said:

Not in Trumpland

• Like 1

Just now, katara said:

Not in Trumpland

Yes, in Trumpland

POP:
32 23 DUA LIPA Illusion 3022 947 2075 6.433

+301 Spins
+10 Bullet
+0.551 Audience

HOT AC:
40 31 DUA LIPA Illusion 496 149 347 1.007

+68 Spins
+21 Bullet
+0.222 Audience

• Confused 1

Just now, collin said:

Yes, in Trumpland

POP:
32 23 DUA LIPA Illusion 3022 947 2075 6.433

+301 Spins
+10 Bullet
+0.551 Audience

HOT AC:
40 31 DUA LIPA Illusion 496 149 347 1.007

+68 Spins
+21 Bullet
+0.222 Audience

It can pull a Houdini and chart in the top 40 for some weeks due to airplay but that's it. The streams already collapsed there. 

23 minutes ago, collin said:

I have hopes too. The video its so good and the song real catchy :gayoncecat3:

7 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Celebrating a #43 debut is... :deadbanana2:

Let us have this sis plz let us be radically optimistic 

7 hours ago, Gelato said:

Dear Dance The Night,

You are like a musical mosquito. In the summer of 2023, you buzzed endlessly in everyone's ears and refused to be swatted away. And now, in spring 2024, each time I'm reminded of your existence is like a personal insult - your relentless beats and trite lyrics grinding on my nerves, turning what should have been a fresh Dua Lipa era into a nightmare of the darkest degree.

You are NOT the life of the party - you are the party crasher who won't leave. You are NOT the star of the show - you are an extra at best. But under the thundering dominance you've somehow achieved, Illusion, Training Season and Houdini did not stand a chance. They suffocated under your overplayed, overhyped racket. You did not just overshadow - you obliterated the excitement that was building for Dua's new era.

What's worse, you have turned Dua into a caricature, falsely presented as a one-trick pony who prances to the same tired tune. Thanks to you, the word 'overexposed' doesn't even begin to cover it. You have made Dua the poster child for pop music exhaustion and even exhausted Dua herself, forcing her on seven more vacations.

So, from the bottom of my heart, Dance The Night, I wish you were never born. You will never be able to repent for what you've done to us. At the very, very least, just give us all a break and let Illusion breathe.

With all due disdain,

Gelato

Deadass **** Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig and most of all MARK RONSON

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gelato said:

Dear Dance The Night,

With all due disdain,

Gelato

Honestly I feel like the Barbie movie did more harm for her than good. Having the big opening number in a movie about literal toys that was marketed down everyone's throats wasn't going to help beat the "manufactured pop star" allegations in the US

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Houdini is still the best song.

All three songs are not bad. But I expected more :chick3:

• Thanks 1

Considering levitating was her fourth single.... There's still a chance for a smasha. No? 

Why are y'all hating on her very last hit? Be happy the Barbie movie at least gave her that 

7 minutes ago, Cain said:

Why are y'all hating on her very last hit? Be happy the Barbie movie at least gave her that 

I would rather the FN leftover flop into oblivion than watch it cannibalize Houdini's moment like it did 

Houdini deserved to underperform all on her own

:suburban: 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, collin said:

It's over then :suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.