Dua Lipa - "Illusion"

kyliefever2002

2 hours ago, Cain said:

As much as I love hating on her dad, he has his perks

They got DTN to #1, she opened the Grammys and BRITs, she's headlining Glastonbury and I'm expecting big things from the tour. She also has big deals

So management wise he's doing fine, but that an era doesn't make. They absolutely over-relied on just her name this era, especially in the US where she isn't above promo yet while that is very much the attitude this era 

Yep but I also doubt promo would do anything much when the songs are not clicking even with number 1 spots on playlisting and radio push. There are no Don't start now or Cold Heart level monster smash hit. The songs are really subpar and needed more diversity they all kind of blend into each other.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• SayIt

• Cain

• Relampago.

4 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

NOT this rodent :gaycat6: 

Right 😭 he's going to talk about sucking dick and she's just gonna sit there 

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Cain said:

Right 😭 he's going to talk about sucking dick and she's just gonna sit there 

Screaming!!! 

30 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well… he's not wrong :cm:

We love a girl who knows her place and is consistent ig :flower:

the weekly meltdowns are here :cm:

16 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Yeah well you have to sacrifice a lot of your energy to become a worldwide sensation even Taylor was a wreck during 1989.

Unfortunately this is true but it's why I support her doing what she wants to do as far as pushing herself

If she wants to continue to make bops and leave it at that, so be it. She's already in the top .01% of artists across the globe, not everyone needs to be a Taylor-level artist or even an Ariana-level. For me, I'd love to see her do more promo cause I LOVE her performances this era, but if it's gonna burn her out and result in a Rihanna-like psuedo retirement then… enjoy your 3rd vacation of the week Dua.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Yep but I also doubt promo would do anything much when the songs are not clicking even with number 1 spots on playlisting and radio push. There are no Don't start now or Cold Heart level monster smash hit. The songs are really subpar and needed more diversity they all kind of blend into each other.

The main problem is that right now the soundscape in the anglosphere (rap/country/folky pop) is not in her favor. This just might be her Rated R era after all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, katara said:

We are BACK! If it keeps rising like this it will be #1 on my birthday in September :jonny6:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, katara said:

The main problem is that right now the soundscape in the anglosphere (rap/country/folky pop) is not in her favor. This just might be her Rated R era after all.

Yes, mumble rap, mumble RnB, and yee hah country, 🙄( and T Swift) are all in vogue.  Rubbish isn't it🙄.

6 hours ago, djcalpal said:

I've listened to this more than Houdini and TS combined, not sure what y'all are on about. 

Im listening to Houdini like it came out a week ago 

A few times i tried to listen to Illusion , i ended up listening to Houdini

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katara said:

BS 

Yes in US this sound is hard to become a hit but TS and Illusion are bombing also WW . Houdini was the only WW hit ( apart from US that it did descent) 

Also Dua managed to do pop hits even in the US the past years so POP is not the problem 

This is flopping the same way The Weeknd flopped with Dawn FM . Its just not clicking with the GP and we just have to accept it and not find cheap excuses 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

NOT this rodent :gaycat6: 

He is always interested in his guests and super positive, there's like no downside to her doing this

4 hours ago, kayliah said:

Dua's biggest songs are the ones that she performed the most: DSN, Levitating, New Rules, One Kiss... her only big hit that she never performed was Cold Heart, but that song was heavily promoted on social media by Elton's team.

If she wants another monster hit she needs to promote the song from Korea to Spain... again. Otherwise she will only have "meh" hits like DTN, Houdini or Break My Heart. :duck:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katara said:

I mean, this is ALWAYS the case with the US. The scene is actually way more pop positive than when she blew up in 2017

The music is just not resonating

42 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

BS 

Yes in US this sound is hard to become a hit but TS and Illusion are bombing also WW . Houdini was the only WW hit ( apart from US that it did descent) 

Also Dua managed to do pop hits even in the US the past years so POP is not the problem 

This is flopping the same way The Weeknd flopped with Dawn FM . Its just not clicking with the GP and we just have to accept it and not find cheap excuses

TS definitely isn't bombing. It's still #44 on Spotify and it's been over 2 months. Not a smash by any means, but it's doing fine. It's too early to call Illusion a bomb too.

The Dawn FM comparison is spot-on though, I've been thinking this

TikTok is also just not behind her this time around I think that has a lot to do with it as well

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

Im listening to Houdini like it came out a week ago 

A few times i tried to listen to Illusion , i ended up listening to Houdini

Good for you! :clap3:

Maybe you should post this in the Houdini thread. 

1 additional stream for RO is a win keep streaming :hippo:

32 minutes ago, Solaria said:

TikTok is also just not behind her this time around I think that has a lot to do with it as well

But I thought they pulled all her music off TikTok. Training Season was doing very well before they took down the audio. And I can recall a lot of people recreating Houdini Grammy dance break on TikTok. 

54 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

TS definitely isn't bombing. It's still #44 on Spotify and it's been over 2 months. Not a smash by any means, but it's doing fine. It's too early to call Illusion a bomb too.

Why are the Houdini stans always trying to bash the other singles?

First Training Season now Illusion. 

Like we get it already. 

It was a bad idea to ditch her previous management company, they did a perfect job in terms of promo, possibly the best I've seen since the BTW era.

Daddy Peep should resign asap!

5 hours ago, Loroy said:

It was a bad idea to ditch her previous management company, they did a perfect job in terms of promo, possibly the best I've seen since the BTW era.

Daddy Peep should resign asap!

This narrative again.

You know she is not a show pony, she doesn't have to be on every single show around the world performing.

She opened Grammy, performed at Brits, she will be on SNL, MET gala and then she has summer promo tour including full Glastonbury set and world tour next year.

Its about the quality over quantity.

She is 9 years into her career with her 2 previous albums being the most streamed female albums on Spotify, she doesn't have to be everywhere.

I can't believe what a snooze this song is. It's really taken the wind out of my sails for this era. It just sounds like a cheaper, less fun version of DSN + Hallucinate. I hope this album is full of batter surprises!

11 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

It's her 3rd album, a follow up to Future Nostalgia and Barbie. This IS bombing.

Well, if this is her Rated R, can we hurry up and turn this into her Rude Boy? :gaycat6:

The Dawn FM comparison is spot-on. The music slaps, but the public just isn't connecting with it.

• Like 3

Didn't Die For You blow up after Dawn FM? 

If It Ain't Me your time is coming :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.