Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

I cant believe thats the cover. Like literally no effort was put in the creative process

Grandpa u missed the point

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Views 321.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jennifer Lawrence
    Jennifer Lawrence

    I love the cover design, but this corny (and wrong) explanation....be serious... The font is Arial, squished vertically, so you wrote all of that for nothing   

  • When Trump wins and brat is forbidden in the US

  • thedeathbymusic
    thedeathbymusic

    Sympathy is a knife is seriously so c*nty and real... we all feel those feelings. one of her best songs ever and she WHACKED Taylor so good it made me never want to listen to her ever again lmao 

1 minute ago, Williamprb said:

ok but which midnight bc its 2am uk

I assume EST.

5 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

And you believe that? The cover is one of the most basic covers. 

Basic doesn't mean thoughtless. It has become a significant part of its huge marketing success too, so it paid off. 

back in the day like 10 years ago when tumblr was cool and a bit popular some of the coolest/most popular blogs had very minimal designs just like the cover.

the use of red, blue, or green with a "basic" font was unbeatable aesthetically :celestial5:

4 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

Grandpa u missed the point

What is it grandson? What is the point of a green background and a black font

10 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

And you believe that? The cover is one of the most basic covers. 

I'm gonna give you some grace because I disliked the cover at first too, but after hearing the project and reading about her vision for it, I love it and it makes total sense. 

Noooooo this will mess up my Apple Music play counts. Time to only add the deluxe tracks and edit the standard's metadata and make both albums merge together so my 2024 Replay ain't affected :gaycat2:

I think my current ranking is:

 

Pop2

hifn

brat

N1A

Charli

Crash

True Romance

Sucker

 

But the 3 extra songs could bump brat up to number 2 or maybe number 1. 

2 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Noooooo this will mess up my Apple Music play counts. Time to only add the deluxe tracks and edit the standard's metadata and make both albums merge together so my 2024 Replay ain't affected :gaycat2:

dd i'll be doing the same :gaycat4:

8 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Noooooo this will mess up my Apple Music play counts. 

Except it literally won't, as you just explained ? :suburban:

54 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

And you believe that? The cover is one of the most basic covers. 

you're right we should definitely believe a random f** over the artist and her team :hippo:

Edited by dcol

this is the right choice, it'll give her a better chance on the charts

47 minutes ago, DiabeticGrandpa said:

What is it grandson? What is the point of a green background and a black font

It's a subversion of expectations of the industry and on women in music

54 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Noooooo this will mess up my Apple Music play counts. Time to only add the deluxe tracks and edit the standard's metadata and make both albums merge together so my 2024 Replay ain't affected :gaycat2:

it will still show up as its original album on your replays even if you change tags :rip: 

i did this with TTPD by merging anthology onto the original album but now my replay still shows them being from separate albums. another example I added houdini and training season singles to radical optimism in place of the album versions so i wouldn't lose the plays but it still reads in AM as Houdini - Single / Training Season - Single :rip: 

I love that title :dies: she's so iconic and satirical I love it. I will be streaming!

was so honored to see them making the mural in greenpoint today, she really is the Michael Jackson of brooklyn

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The way people constantly drag Self Titled is always shocking to me, it was my 2nd favorite of album of hers prior to this album coming out

 

I also controversially think Blame It On Your Love > Track 10

I don't personally agree that BIOYL is better than track ten, but I totally agree that Charli is underrated as an album. It has many of the highest highs in her discography from me, like Next Level Charli and February 2017, but I avoid mentioning them next to other discography highlights that are more agreed upon because I know I'd just get a bunch of "confused" reacts. Not only does it have those, though - that era also has some of the best unreleased material she's ever recorded (I still think the chorus of Don't Call Me is the best moment in all of pop music). Miss U is basically a B-side from the era thrown on a soundtrack as a throwaway and it's one of my favorite songs of all time. That album's central sonic thesis, the sound that makes up its core and its most critical moments, is basically my favorite music ever conceived, and I think Brat is significantly better for its intentional references to that album and the sounds that it shares with or derives from that album. Self-titled is foundational Charli artistry and I think with time it will be more appreciated than it is today, because without it, we don't have things like Brat, at least not in quite the same way. If there's any album that I'd like to see actually expanded further with a future project or rereleased with more material one day, it's that one!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.