Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Did Dua Lipa copy Madonna?

Featured Replies

I mean nothing is that original

But the performances are not similar. Madonna underused the cage 

The second half of the performance was giving Britney 2000 vmas with the spinning set.

 

it was prob a homage to the greats.

I wouldn't use the word "copy" but she's obviously influenced by big female pop stars from the past and that's ok.

No.

 

But the Houdini music video was an homage to Hung Up I think.

Absolutely not, I actually saw a lot of Britney in her performance as well but that doesn't mean she copied them at all

 

gramys-Gags6j3jsg-6-Fw-Gagatina.gif

Anyone who is inspired by Sorry (Madonna's 4th best song) I shall worship :clap3:

Definitely not copied, but we know Dua (rightfully!) worships Madonna, so she was probably inspired by her. 

Well no, she didn't copy. As you can see in the video, Madonna performed Sorry and Dua performed Training Season. Hope that helped!

It was very Britney / Janet coded but no, I don’t see any copy at all. You almost tried though 

Dua is certainly influenced by Madonna, but this is not a direct rip of the Sorry performance.

I don’t think so, a scaffold esque set isn’t really revolutionary nor immediately associated with a specific. Given the nature of live performance/televised broadcast is there’s only really so much you can do. It’s natural we’re starting to see similar ideas play out. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.