Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

How To Get Into Radiohead?

Featured Replies

I'm a Kid A stan that barely knows their music outside of it.

I tried the Moon Pool album but it was not the tea for me.

 

So what is it you reckon?

  • Replies 26
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Listen to The King of LImbs

Edited by Sebastián Muñoz

In Rainbows is probably the most mainstream contemporary RH album so I would start there but if you like Kid A you will probably like Amnesiac even though some people hate it. OK Computer is amazing as well.

 

Pablo Honey is cute and has the hits but nothing to write home about in my opinion and King of Limbs…. I’ll pass on that one.

I got into Radiohead properly this year and went chronologically. I would recommend doing the same except skipping their debut because I didn't like it that much outside of a few songs. The Bends onwards is fantastic.

 

If you don't want to do that, OK Computer is always a great place to start.

6 minutes ago, Danes said:

They should make an entire album in the style of "Idioteque" :jonny:

Hail to the Thief is right there :gaycat4:

Kid A is truly their magnum opus. I don't think they'll ever top that one.

 

Personally, I think In Rainbows (especially All I Need) is your best bet in terms of following up Kid A; I've also recently gotten into The Bends which is also a fantastic album. Fake Plastic Trees and High and Dry are two of their most melodic (albeit mainstream) releases, but the album tracks from that album is where they truly shine. 

 

I could never get into OK Computer, tbh, but to each their own. Hail to the Thief is also great.

Edited by NickAurora

Check out OK Computer. Then come back to KidA to see if you like it more. I prefer KidA but both give an overall feel for their sound and are their signature works.

 

Then do In Rainbows (one of my favorites, a smooth and easy listen). Then A Moon Shaped Pool to see if you like it more after getting a better feel for them.

 

I wouldn’t bother with other works like Pablo Honey and The Bends, as they’re not as strong.

Edited by Chaos Angel

  • Author
13 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Try ok computer now :santa:

 

 

Oh, I don't know... the HTTT girls make a very compelling case!

Non radiohead fans always like in rainbows

Personally I think the bends is their most accesible

I would listen to The Bends, OK Computer and In Rainbows in that order. They are probably their most accessible albums and part of the essential core of their most famous songs, what will appear on their set lists, etc. Particularly the first two albums. OK Computer is their best-selling release IIRC and has their most famous songs outside of "Creep" of course which is kind of a total outlier in their discography. It's almost like that song belongs to a one hit wonder band and then the rest of their discography is a different artist nnn

Edited by MatiRod

I also think The Bends is their most accessible album BUT since you already like Kid A you should be able to get into the classics like OK Computer or In Rainbows.

 

Thom and Jonny's side project The Smile is great and Thom's solo work or Atoms for Peace may be great to check if you like electronic music!

Edited by taemin

When I got into them I started with Kid A as well. Then I listened to the rest chronologically, but Pablo Honey only has like 4 good songs and The Bends isn't one of my faves (still very good though).

 

I'd say try Ok Computer and then In Rainbows

 

 

The Bends is their best album ever and one of my favorites of all time :santa:

 

OK Computer and In Rainbows are also amazing. If none of those get you into them nothing will.

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.