Billie: Variety outed me

TalkThatRihanna

Is she having amnesia :rip: stay off the drugs girl

• Thumbs Down 1

Billie didn’t “come out” in any interview btw, she was asked about her womanhood and relationship to other women (relating to the main themes of Barbie movie).

That red carpet question definitely put her on the spot. I don’t think Billie ever wanted to turn her sexuality into a big part of her brand & she just wants to be herself :michael:

• Like 10

I’m confused. Didn’t she post a selfie with the “gay & tired” filter a month ago? Wasn’t she already out  :confused:

But she said that it was obvious. I don't get it. 

I guess that question caught her off-guard and she's not a fan of how the media has been focusing solely on her sexuality for the past 24h and not on practically anything else. Tbh I get her cause it's probably pretty daunting to see so many anonymous users give their unsolicited opinion on something you probably haven't FULLY figured out yet. Just another reason why the entire concept of 'coming out' is outdated & redundant 

She is sooo pissed on her stories right now :deadbanana4: Feel kinda bad for the interviewer too cause she's definitely getting fired nnn

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok fishing for the attention she didn't get from anyone who didn't read the article, if is a nothing topic with no agenda why bring it back up?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

OK, I understand of she is angry that she had a full interview and people only highlighted the "bi" part

However, her wording is weird, Variety can not "out her" when she was already out... or not?

She said she made it obvious but now she is saying non of her past actions should have been read that way :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

so confusing :deadbanana2:her saying 'isn't it obvious' then posting that IG post about getting outed. Anyways, her post just draws even more attention to it

You can't out someone if they outed themself? wtf?

Also, I'm so sick of female popstars who only publicly date men, pulling this "Oh, I like girls too lololol" card. Not saying she doesn't, but to get mad about it when asked after she willingly spoke about it herself in an interview? Just sit down girl.

Edit: A lot of downvotes but did I lie? I think not. I get it; she's young. Unfortunately, she's learning the hard way that what she feels comfortable sharing in the moment, once it's out, can and will be brought back up at any time once it's in the public's consciousness. It's just how celebrity works. Sexuality is something personal, and if she wasn't ready, she really shouldn't have said anything. Trying to spin it like they "outed" her is immature and irresponsible in that sense to the reporter.

Edited by XtinaStripped
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 7

8 hours ago, Fleahive said:

She needs to go the Beyoncé route she’s earned the power to not interview and still be successful

Yeah I kinda agree that it's probably in her best interest to chill down with the interviews and stuff :rip: Kinda sad because she comes off as really articulated & well-spoken when it comes to her music in them, but with heavy/personal stuff like this she usually has questionable wording which then gets her backlash. Which is an unfortunate pattern with her since she blew up

She has every right to be upset it's just a little frustrating knowing a good portion of the controversies she's been in would be avoided if she had just worded her complaints better 

Edited by Billionaire
removed/added some of it cause it felt weird #idk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Billionaire said:

I guess that question caught her off-guard and she's not a fan of how the media has been focusing solely on her sexuality for the past 24h and not on practically anything else. Tbh I get her cause it's probably pretty daunting to see so many anonymous users give their unsolicited opinion on something you probably haven't FULLY figured out yet. Just another reason why the entire concept of 'coming out' is outdated & redundant 

She is sooo pissed on her stories right now :deadbanana4: Feel kinda bad for the interviewer too cause she's definitely getting fired nnn

And this is usually the reason why most artists don't come out and just live their life . Now Billie will be known as the "LGBT singer" because her sexuality will matter more than the music  :giraffe:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Yeah I kinda agree that it's probably in her best interest to chill down with the interviews and stuff :rip: Kinda unfortunate because she comes off as really articulated & well-spoken when it comes to her music in them, but with heavy/personal stuff like this she usually has questionable wording

I just think she didn't expect to be asked about it so directly. Her wording is a bit dramatic tbh but I'm not mad about her taking control of the narrative and saying "Yes I like both men and women, it's not that deep, can we move on now"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.