Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Is Houdini a GP friendly song title?

Featured Replies

Like Flowers or Vampire? Do you think the song title will put the gp off because it’s not relatable enough? 
 

discuss sistrens :fan:

  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It really does not matter what the song title is.   The song isn't doing well because it's boring and goes nowhere. It's Dua's attempt at her own "As It Was", except it's not as catchy.

  • Sorry but you’re dumb as sh*t if you’re completely unfamiliar with who Houdini was

  • BrokenMachine
    BrokenMachine

    No, it's a risky decision like Avril did with Sk8ter Boi 

I don't know why I was downvoted for saying this before, and it wasn't meant as shade at ALL. I love the song, it's amazing and Dua is consistently our best pop star for the last several years. But no, I don't think most teenagers and young adults (who are the target audience for pop hits) know who Houdini was or make the association with a magic vanishing act. But it doesn't matter, it's music, it's art, and just because some people won't get it doesn't mean it's not good. 

Edited by Psyduck

4 minutes ago, Troll Idle said:

What does it even mean??

She compares herself to an escape artist

It really does not matter what the song title is.

 

The song isn't doing well because it's boring and goes nowhere. It's Dua's attempt at her own "As It Was", except it's not as catchy.

I think the interesting title might just draw more people to give it a listen. That's what got me excited before I even heard the song. It's also pretty unmistakable when you listen to it

i honestly dont think song titles matter really in the grand scheme of things  :deadbanana2:

 

a bop is a bop !

It's too noisy for the american audience. The fact it's doing these numbers is actually amazing :jonny5: Dua's power

 

edit: oh the title? No, it's actually a very interesting and creative title.

I stand correct.

Edited by magazine

Is not definitely. That was my first thought with the song. What is that title?  :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Title - definitely not, Catch Me or something like that would've been friendlier

Song - yes it's a hit!

It makes no sense, especially as she completely ignored the theme for the video. 

 

"Catch me or I go, can't see me" would have been better and call the song " Can't see me" 

11 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

???

 

Where do you hear AIW in Houdini? :dies:

It's meant to be a boring, non-offensive background music kind of song that gets played over and over everywhere. Except it's not as catchy so it doesn't:coffee2: 

Edited by awong918

42 minutes ago, Psyduck said:

I don't know why I was downvoted for saying this before, and it wasn't meant as shade at ALL. I love the song, it's amazing and Dua is consistently our best pop star for the last several years. But no, I don't think most teenagers and young adults (who are the target audience for pop hits) know who Houdini was or make the association with a magic vanishing act. But it doesn't matter, it's music, it's art, and just because some people won't get it doesn't mean it's not good. 

every know houdini from the perverted masked magician

Sorry but you’re dumb as sh*t if you’re completely unfamiliar with who Houdini was

Edited by Orsay

The title doesn't matter

Unless it underperforms then it's definetly because Americans didn't get it 

46 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

???

 

Where do you hear AIW in Houdini? :dies:

Both have lyrics and are sung by British artists. It's not clear?

I thought houdini was a religious figure like methusalah or buddah all this time... i'm gagged by the information i'm learning in this thread

No it’s in the same camp as artpop it’s destined to flop based on the name alone

she's educating the gen z who'd be like "wtf is a houdini" so they look it up and learn something for once

Yes, I thought it was a Muslim holiday :deadbanana2: but thanks to Dua, I was reading wikipedia on Houdini and he was pretty interesting guy and his life and beliefs with his wife were definitely interesting 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.