Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

The vocals, the adlibs, the vocals repeating in the background, the beat, the melody....

 

Yeah, she will deliver in 2 days

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

Just now, Shaner69 said:

Stop trolling. This is a departure like why are you even here. 

 

This song sounds nothing like anything on FN. 

 

Have you even heard it?

It's not the psychedelic sound you think it is, it sounds like a regular euphoric pop bop. I didn't even say I hate it lol. Rest assured that I'd be stanning. :suburban:

I think for some people it sounds 80s because of the prominent synths but synths can be from any era. The hard reverbs and delays in the vocals is really Tame Impala. And the rhythm section that feels full because he uses a lot of percussive elements in his music.

 

 

 

 

 

It's the melody and chord progressions what's making it a pop song.

2 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

It's not the psychedelic sound you think it is, it sounds like a regular euphoric pop bop. I didn't even say I hate it lol. Rest assured that I'd be stanning. :suburban:

It's a smash. Have you heard the full version yet? 

14 minutes ago, Shaner69 said:

Not sure about album version but yes the track clicks in at over 3 minutes and moves quickly. 

 

I was not totally sure about the risky comments either however maybe because it had 80s influences thats where my feelings about those comments came from. 

 

I honestly don't feel this release is risky at all. It's just different from anything currently on radio because it has a more physcdelic euphoria vibe. 

Really cannot wait for the full song. From the snippet, as I mentioned earlier, it gives me Miami Sound Machine feeling, darker synth with 80s percussion, however the overall song might be completely different. I just it was longer, but at least it will have normal song structure and doesn't end with second chorus haha

 

For me it gives Laura Branigan, Raf, Italo Disco 80s groups ala Baltimora, Modern Talking and Nocera

I would really love Dua to experiment bit with electronic pop music for this album. Darker but still commercial

 

Imagine something minimalist like Kylie's "Slow"

and something more dirty like Goldfrapp "Oh La La" "Strict Machine"

and then some 80s dance in style of "Spin me round" by Dead or Alive

 

 

 

 

I'm beyond excitied to hear everyone's review of this masterpiece from Miss Dua ******* Lipa. She didn't do this half assed. 

Just now, Shaner69 said:

I'm beyond excitied to hear everyone's review of this masterpiece from Miss Dua ******* Lipa. She didn't do this half ass. Everyone is in for a treat. 

 

Y'all basically heard the whole song now. In fragments

Just now, Marco_g2 said:

Y'all basically heard the whole song now. In fragments

And we're eating it UP :jonny5:

 

21 minutes ago, mike_int said:

btw

 

Are we getting also video this week?

yes :alexz2:

20 minutes ago, Marco_g2 said:

Y'all basically heard the whole song now. In fragments

We still haven't heard the verses, the chorus (not from the intro) and the outro, right? Still a lot to look forward to :gaycat1:

7 minutes ago, sweet said:

yes :alexz2:

Oh that's great, I hope it will be something good, "DSN" video was quite disappointing for me

She really did her homework. The synth sounds a bit like the music a magician would use during their show 

Honestly DSN MV is still a lil baffling to me. She pretty much had her breakthrough because of a MV and then they decided for this new era to start with a basic club MV :deadbanana: fortunately the rest of the era delivered with MVs

7 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Honestly DSN MV is still a lil baffling to me. She pretty much had her breakthrough because of a MV and then they decided for this new era to start with a basic club MV :deadbanana: fortunately the rest of the era delivered with MVs

My idea for DSN video was something minimalist, in style of the promo shoot and EMAs performance.

 

Dua in a studio in a leotard, something mix between fashion shoot and dance sequences with many dancers.

 

Something simple, yet effective and timeless ... it could have been her "Slow" video moment

 

 

MV5BOWZjMzc3NDgtM2VlZi00Nzk1LWJlMDItYjgyMV5BMmZiNTY1NTgtMzE4Yy00YTBkLThmYjAtOTky

 

 

 

 

I dont want any more snippets of the song , i don't want to ruin my first listen 

 

I would love though a sneak peak of the music video ( if it exists ) tonight to get my hype to a million 

Do you think about it NIGHT and DAY

Maybe you could be the one to make me… STA-AHHH-EYEYEAAYY

 

spacer.png

do you guys know anything about the tour? if yes, can we expect dates to drop along with the album announcement? :) @sweet @popmusic

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.