Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

1 hour ago, sweet said:

Different. I don't really have the words to describe it, but I would say it's a dirty, aggressive and distorted guitar sound. Really gives it the last oomph at the end

What’s the lyrics to the

chorus?

 

12 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Someone get in touch with k-pop cult followers and find out what their tips and tricks to securing a #1 are

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

A big fanbase

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

1 hour ago, sweet said:

Different. I don't really have the words to describe it, but I would say it's a dirty, aggressive and distorted guitar sound. Really gives it the last oomph at the end

a Stranger by Tove Lo teas incoming :clap3:

7 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Sounds just like FN, im disappointed.

Okay since we’ve seen these comments quite a bit now, I think im starting to understand what people mean when they say that, cause granted, I also expected a 180 from her previous sound because of the whole „im ditching ditching disco“ narrative. I think the issue yall take with that is that people expected her to go for a „ray of light“ direction which for a certain time was warranted but she also made it abundantly clear over the last few months that her music is gonna be and stay pop, and let’s be so ******* for real the sound is nothing like FN. I think you guys expected her to revolutionize the genre but projecting these unrealistic standards onto ANYBODY is actually quite harmful, so yeah, while this sound has already existed for a couple years, it’s still fresh, so we should be excited about that instead of actually wanting her to be the second coming of Madonna.

Edited by lapisnour

1 hour ago, sweet said:

Don't forget to get your ears AND eyes ready for that time 🤭

It's the same visual from the promo videos?

I'm having to force myself to not listen the snippet again, again and again. It's so addictive. 

6 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

I'm having to force myself to not listen the snippet again, again and again. It's so addictive. 

Same. Its giving me biggest hit of her career tbh :jonny6:

I want a Flowers/Anti-hero level of payola, Warner better do their thing for that +30M of airplay 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Same. Its giving me biggest hit of her career tbh :jonny6:

Im actually so ******* excited, if we even compare this to DSN‘s place in FN, then we know that the lead single is never the best song on the album I’m so excited for DL3🫨

It sounds as if it’s a new and improved version of the records from Future Nostalgia. But with this, I can only predict that this entire era will perform similarly to Dawn FM. Critical raves but underperformance because it’s too similar. 

38 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

What’s the lyrics to the

chorus?

 

Chorus lyrics are the ones we heard in the first snippet: (i come and I go ... etc.), followed by:

 

i come and I go

prove you got the right to please me

everybody knows

catch me or I go, Houdini

Honestly? I'm gonna be VERY happy if it's a giant hit for her but just the fact that she's about to deliver us quality AGAIN it's more than enough.

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

11 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It sounds as if it’s a new and improved version of the records from Future Nostalgia. But with this, I can only predict that this entire era will perform similarly to Dawn FM. Critical raves but underperformance because it’s too similar. 

Dawn FM was cannibalized by Save Your Tears and the After Hours era still felt fresh at the time + the roll out was a mess bc he released songs every 2 weeks.


Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

Edited by unclefloprry

12 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It sounds as if it’s a new and improved version of the records from Future Nostalgia. But with this, I can only predict that this entire era will perform similarly to Dawn FM. Critical raves but underperformance because it’s too similar. 

I have said this on the base but let me repeat myself. Taking the lead as a representative of the whole album sound may be a mistake for this era. Dua stated more than once that this album will have more a lyrical theme than a sonically one. 

 

“It has a lyrical theme, more so than sonically. There’s still a sonic element as you go through it, it’s still pop. I still want to dance and do another crazy tour. It’s a bit more mature [than FN] I think in terms of the experiences.”

20 minutes ago, sweet said:

Chorus lyrics are the ones we heard in the first snippet: (i come and I go ... etc.), followed by:

 

i come and I go

prove you got the right to please me

everybody knows

catch me or I go, Houdini

Oh we luv a skank anthem

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

36 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It sounds as if it’s a new and improved version of the records from Future Nostalgia. But with this, I can only predict that this entire era will perform similarly to Dawn FM. Critical raves but underperformance because it’s too similar. 

Not really. Dawn FM felt rushed and like it had no strategy to back up any of its singles.

 

The build up for Houdini alone already feels more complete than whatever Abel did to promote that album.

 

Also, as someone else said, despite the long run FN had as an era, it has been over for a while and Dua has been surviving off of collabs and Barbie basically, so it actually feels like a new beginning whereas Dawn FM felt like a rushed expansion.

Anyone saying this sounds like FN and will underperform is robbing themselves of a fun new experience 

 

It’s a departure of the disco sound and another smash era get into itttt

 

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

 

5 minutes ago, Asherio said:

Not really. Dawn FM felt rushed and like it had no strategy to back up any of its singles.

 

The build up for Houdini alone already feels more complete than whatever Abel did to promote that album.

 

Also, as someone else said, despite the long run FN had as an era, it has been over for a while and Dua has been surviving off of collabs and Barbie basically, so it actually feels like a new beginning whereas Dawn FM felt like a rushed expansion.

I agree, there will be 2 years between Dua new album and Dawn FM. Dawn FM was rushed, probably cause of the tour.

 

I don't think they predicted how successful "Dance The Night" will be, so because of that it might seems there was not enough "silence" between new eras, but I know, you know, we all that we need new album so bring it on girl :) lol

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.