Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Olivia Rodrigo - 'GUTS'

Featured Replies

There is a ZERO percent chance get him back is coming tonight 

  • Replies 6.4k
  • Views 493.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Re used sounds, re used samples, lack of originality, sour 2.0, yes, the ugly sister of sour

  • If U Seek Amy
    If U Seek Amy

    I am glad I am not alone and seeing Ajay think this is mega immature/boring mostly is so me. It has its moments but people pretending this is some artistic masterpiece and it's metacritic score wasn't

  • More Deja Vus please

Guys let's not forget this is a 12 track album and she doesn't have a G4U at this stage, 
anything over 50M would be great, I don't think there's any way for 70M+ first day on Spotify.

Edited by NMG19

3 hours ago, fightertotheend27 said:

I know some people think Get Him Back! is coming this Friday, but there's been no announcement so I hope it'll come next week instead.

 

2 hours ago, BuzzCharts said:

There is a ZERO percent chance get him back is coming tonight 


maybe they pushed it back after they saw everyone releasing this friday? :redface: or maybe the "8.25" they kept teasing was for a tour announcement or something like that..

Nah. Some insiders here heard the song and confirmed it was suppose to come out Friday. I really think the only competition for her would’ve been the drake album. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/24/arts/music/olivia-rodrigo-guts.html
 

Quote

 

The album’s opener, “All-American *****,” begins with Rodrigo’s angelic soprano over fingerpicked acoustic guitar before snapping into fuzzy power chords and the first of many f-bombs. (She has a true gift for a well-placed expletive.) On “Ballad of a Homeschooled Girl,” she chants a litany of embarrassing party fouls over a springy bass line and lets out cathartic screams.

There are still piano ballads — poignant ones, exploring the drawbacks of her unusual path, attraction to a gaslighting boyfriend, the challenge of granting forgiveness. The LP’s mix of energy reflects Rodrigo’s tastes. 
 

Some of the album’s most powerful moments are about her internal battles over early success. “Making the Bed,” an atmospheric ballad about reckoning with her own decisions, emerged when Rodrigo grieved that she’d never have a normal childhood. “Teenage Dream,” which flits between major and minor chords, was born out of the intense pressure to follow up “Sour.” (“They all say that it gets better/it gets better, but what if I don’t,” she sings.)
“I was so scared, and struggling with having this image of being this precocious kid,” she said, “and wondering if people would still like the music” as she matured. Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream,” this is not.
 

The first single, “Vampire,” is a suite that builds from ballad to bombast aimed at a man who abused her trust and fame; on the hilarious rap-rock banger (yes, really) “Get Him Back!,” she playfully spins the title phrase, seeking both revenge and reconciliation.

 

 

15 hours ago, BuzzCharts said:

There is a ZERO percent chance get him back is coming tonight 

ok Olivia

That new york times article kinda makes me nervous ngl :rip:

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

57 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

The album’s opener, “All-American *****,” begins with Rodrigo’s angelic soprano over fingerpicked acoustic guitar before snapping into fuzzy power chords and the first of many f-bombs. (She has a true gift for a well-placed expletive.)

Oh she's coming for blood. Watch this become Gen Z's Live Through This

 

kordeilogy_-_1692283744965804447.gif?wid

rap rock? should i think of something in the same vein as bad idea right? 

11 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

rap rock? should i think of something in the same vein as bad idea right? 

Yes.  An insider said it was similar 

Quote

on the hilarious rap-rock banger (yes, really) “Get Him Back!,” she playfully spins the title phrase, seeking both revenge and reconciliation.

I feel like this is either very good or total dogshit, no in-betweens 

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Oh my god i'm already obliterated just by reading this. This is going to be the longest two weeks ever for me. :jonny6:

13 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I feel like this is either very good or total dogshit, no in-betweens 

knowing her it's gonna be very good. 

The rollout is looking kinda messy. What happened to get him back!? Did they switch it with bad idea right?? Did they postpone it? 

also gib! sounds similiar to bir? so what's the point in releasing two "similar" songs so close to each other?

4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

The rollout is looking kinda messy. What happened to get him back!? Did they switch it with bad idea right?? Did they postpone it? 

also gib! sounds similiar to bir? so what's the point in releasing two "similar" songs so close to each other?

They most likely postpone it cause I don't think they knew Drake is releasing this week. Also I don't take Atrl insiders description seriously, they think all rock songs sounds similar:rip: 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

Maybe she’s surprise releasing it at midnight 

i feel like it was a planned single but it was pulled back cause everyone and their mamas are releasing tomorrow 

but hopefully it is a surprise single

2 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

Maybe she’s surprise releasing it at midnight 

that's what I been saying

y'all want an announcement so bad but she technically already did, that's the whole point of a easter egg = hidden surprise 

6 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

that's what I been saying

y'all want an announcement so bad but she technically already did, that's the whole point of a easter egg = hidden surprise 

i think it's because she has always announced songs before releasing them even if it was a few days before release, that's why we're not sure if it's still coming or not because she's never done a surprise release before

 

i guess we'll find out tomorrow (or tonight for americans) :swing:

Edited by Luckitty

I finally heard that second single song (can't remember name), and WOW that was bad. I thought I was listening to Avril Lavigne in 2003 again. It made me lol, and I had to immediately close the tik tok.

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

I finally heard that second single song (can't remember name), and WOW that was bad. I thought I was listening to Avril Lavigne in 2003 again. It made me lol, and I had to immediately close the tik tok.

maybe you should listen to the full song instead of a small snippet on tiktok :thing:

I think it's coming but ET time since it's the official second single.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.