Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Irreplacaeable (Beyonce) vs Umbrella (Rihanna)

Better single? 121 members have voted

  1. 1. Better single?

    • Irreplaceable
      31%
      38
    • Umbrella
      68%
      83
  2. 2. Better MV?

    • Irreplaceable
      19%
      24
    • Umbrella
      80%
      97

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • EmailMySwift
    EmailMySwift

    Umbrella. Irreplaceable is unlistenable. 

  • CristianGarcia
    CristianGarcia

    Irreplaceable was just a trendy hit for that moment.   Umbrella stood the test of times. Could’ve dropped any time since then and still would’ve been a hit.  

tbh, Umbrella has stood the test of time. Irreplaceable has kinda faded, Bey has way bigger songs like Crazy in Love.

1 minute ago, Ricanaire said:

tbh, Umbrella has stood the test of time. Irreplaceable has kinda faded, Bey has way bigger songs like Crazy in Love.

this, I like Irreplaceable but somehow even though it was MASSIVE back then, it's not the bona fide classic Umbrella is :giraffe:

 

Crazy in Love, Single Ladies, Halo, Drunk in Love, Partition, Formation, Break My Soul... all of these feel bigger at this point tbh

 

Umbrella is also just a better song in general, it's super timeless. I could see it being released in the 90s, the 2000s, the 10s, or even today and it'd hit exactly as hard :clap3:

Umbrella by a landslide. Irreplaceable is one if Bey's most flavorless singles although still a nice song.

Rihanna over Beyonce ANY DAY

 

 

but ima go for Irreplaceable on this one. I think I and the GP overplayed Umbrella that’s it one of my least fave Rihanna singles now lol

Irreplaceable isn’t even top 5 on BDay let alone top 5 among her hits. It was huge and has its live moments, but Umbrella was Rihanna’s first major bonafide classic. I overplayed it to death over the years though, so I don’t love it as much anymore, but it still clears Irreplaceable. 

these are both bottom tier among their hits for me :sorry:

 

im giving song to Bey, video to Rih. but I really don’t listen to either of them much these days.

I think at some point hit songs just become so ubiquitous you can't really say which one has stood the test of time. I mean yeah sure recurrent Spotify streams are a good gauge but ask anyone down the street if they recognize the 'ella ella eh eh' and the 'to the left to the left' song and they will KNOW what you are talking about 101% of the time.

 

Both massive iconic 2000s megahits!

umbrella has been overplayed to death for me, whereas i've always loved irreplaceable. i'm gonna go with irreplaceable

I love the to the left to the left song it is iconic! HOWEVER Umbrella is THAT song!   :clap3:

 

Umbrella will always be remembered and more iconic. 

Umbrella

 

Not a fair comparison tbh it would be like comparing Crazy In Love vs Take A Bow

27 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Umbrella. Irreplaceable is trash. 

BESTIE, YOUR TASTE SOMETIMES :biblio:

 

Irreplaceable >>>>>>>> 

I’m gonna go with the one that made it into a Super Bowl setlist 

Irreplaceable was just a trendy hit for that moment.

 

Umbrella stood the test of times. Could’ve dropped any time since then and still would’ve been a hit.  

38 minutes ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

BESTIE, YOUR TASTE SOMETIMES :biblio:

 

Irreplaceable >>>>>>>> 

I love Umbrella. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.