Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

at least a controversy will lead people checking out who twice are. but i doubt this shirt thing will garner attention in asia. 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

2 hours ago, Century said:
  • Selective outrage for issues that they no longer care about when it's BP - Weaponizing serious issues that harm people to further stan agendas
    • See Mel dragging NewJeans daily for most of a year for being underage and daring to release music that suggests a dating life but then choosing to be left out of a discussion of Stink's underage sister group having company cameras in the shower.
    • See the Blinks in this thread a few pages back bringing up wendy making a face and doing an accent but leaving out their favs being infinitely more guilty of enforcing racist social structures through cheap cultural appropriation and using even more AAVE than Wendy ever has but with a straight face.
    • There's literally countless examples of this. Things like human rights aren't there for winning arguments. 

 

  • The most delusional kpop base of all time
    • Truly believe they aren't just the biggest gen 3 gg, not just the #1 ww kpop group, but the biggest Girl Group alive despite there being no quantitative data to support any of those
    • Pretending their members are talented or in more creative control than the average idol then try to give out lashings based off that false assumption
    • For a short period, they even had beef with BTS army because they legitimately thought their own favs were more popular

 

  • Specifically on ATRL though:
    • They've stalked people onto other websites
    • Coordinated mass reports of posts to try and get people banned
    • One time one of them had post notifications turned on for me and would quote me in every single thread I posted in for a few days because I pointed out that YG constantly uses false dating rumors to prop up Jennie's career.
    • A few of them have abused duplicate accounts to get around posting restrictions but because this thread is less moderated until it goes into ZTP territory or severe personal attacks nothing gets done about it.
    • A more recent example of how pathologically obsessed with non-fans they are is the user who subbed me twice in the past few hours and then quoted you about me

 

  • They're "musicians" that have no musical talent.
    • Rose is the exception(underrated vocals I fear)

 

  • Misogyny permeates every aspect of the group's careers
    • Pick me girl image
    • Solo activities being picked off of who's the prettiest instead of who has the most talent(This is a complete 180 from literally every other YG group, GD is one ugly ass idol and is allowed to be the face of the whole company, for example).
    • YG announcing the group's main intent being to be pretty(because that's all that organization values about women in general) before they were even close to debuting or even had a lineup picked out.
    • Their media presence revolves exclusively around wearing nice clothes and who they're dating(I might get chased into non-kpop threads again for bringing that back up but it's true and still repulsive :snowman:)
    • The whole idea of their girl crush image became nauseating to me once YG was outed as a thinly veiled sex trafficking/prostitution ring.

 

  • There's also an enormous gap in media literacy for a lot of them(not being able to recognize paid promotions, gloating about music reviews from non-music publications, gloating about brand deals that are often local to Asia or even just Korea as a sign of global relevancy, 

 

In general most fans of any pop artist stan for the musical output, but Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy, so the vast majority decided to stan because they saw enormous stream numbers(that were accomplished through SEA bot farms). This makes Black Pink have a concentration of the worst, most mentally unstable type of stan, which would be the ones who live vicariously through their favs success. For that type of fan, an attack on their fav is an attack on their own self worth, and by extension, any comment that disagrees with their fake #1 GG reality is a personal attack on them because success is all they have to cling to. This also feeds back into the first point because they are compulsively drawn to attack fans of any artist they see as a threat at every possible opportunity for any reason they can think of. Every base for a big name act has those people but Blinks seem to have a much higher proportion.

 

For these reasons, hypocrisy, misogyny, lack of musical or industry understanding, massive gaps in reasoning, and confidently jumping to outlandish conclusions are all markers of Blink logic™.

 

Hope the 900 page essay clears things up. My best friend is a Blink and I liked most of their early music so outside of the stan world where you can't discuss any girl group without being bombarded by hateful morons I really don't care. Sorry to take up an entire page but I wanted to be thorough. :gayorkcat2:

well damn...

1 minute ago, dangerlady said:

at least a controversy will lead people checking out who twice are. but i doubt this shirt thing will garner attention in asia. 

At the end of the day, I truly think people with brains will not think too much about a damn shirt and most will understand that she didn’t wear them knowingly. It’s not like she willingly joined a QAnon cult or said Nazis are great lmao. I’m willing to give people the benefit of doubt that they at least have that much of critical thinking ability. 

2 hours ago, Century said:
  • Selective outrage for issues that they no longer care about when it's BP - Weaponizing serious issues that harm people to further stan agendas
    • See Mel dragging NewJeans daily for most of a year for being underage and daring to release music that suggests a dating life but then choosing to be left out of a discussion of Stink's underage sister group having company cameras in the shower.
    • See the Blinks in this thread a few pages back bringing up wendy making a face and doing an accent but leaving out their favs being infinitely more guilty of enforcing racist social structures through cheap cultural appropriation and using even more AAVE than Wendy ever has but with a straight face.
    • There's literally countless examples of this. Things like human rights aren't there for winning arguments. 

 

  • The most delusional kpop base of all time
    • Truly believe they aren't just the biggest gen 3 gg, not just the #1 ww kpop group, but the biggest Girl Group alive despite there being no quantitative data to support any of those
    • Pretending their members are talented or in more creative control than the average idol then try to give out lashings based off that false assumption
    • For a short period, they even had beef with BTS army because they legitimately thought their own favs were more popular

 

  • Specifically on ATRL though:
    • They've stalked people onto other websites
    • Coordinated mass reports of posts to try and get people banned
    • One time one of them had post notifications turned on for me and would quote me in every single thread I posted in for a few days because I pointed out that YG constantly uses false dating rumors to prop up Jennie's career.
    • A few of them have abused duplicate accounts to get around posting restrictions but because this thread is less moderated until it goes into ZTP territory or severe personal attacks nothing gets done about it.
    • A more recent example of how pathologically obsessed with non-fans they are is the user who subbed me twice in the past few hours and then quoted you about me

 

  • They're "musicians" that have no musical talent.
    • Rose is the exception(underrated vocals I fear)

 

  • Misogyny permeates every aspect of the group's careers
    • Pick me girl image
    • Solo activities being picked off of who's the prettiest instead of who has the most talent(This is a complete 180 from literally every other YG group, GD is one ugly ass idol and is allowed to be the face of the whole company, for example).
    • YG announcing the group's main intent being to be pretty(because that's all that organization values about women in general) before they were even close to debuting or even had a lineup picked out.
    • Their media presence revolves exclusively around wearing nice clothes and who they're dating(I might get chased into non-kpop threads again for bringing that back up but it's true and still repulsive :snowman:)
    • The whole idea of their girl crush image became nauseating to me once YG was outed as a thinly veiled sex trafficking/prostitution ring.

 

  • There's also an enormous gap in media literacy for a lot of them(not being able to recognize paid promotions, gloating about music reviews from non-music publications, gloating about brand deals that are often local to Asia or even just Korea as a sign of global relevancy, 

 

In general most fans of any pop artist stan for the musical output, but Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy, so the vast majority decided to stan because they saw enormous stream numbers(that were accomplished through SEA bot farms). This makes Black Pink have a concentration of the worst, most mentally unstable type of stan, which would be the ones who live vicariously through their favs success. For that type of fan, an attack on their fav is an attack on their own self worth, and by extension, any comment that disagrees with their fake #1 GG reality is a personal attack on them because success is all they have to cling to. This also feeds back into the first point because they are compulsively drawn to attack fans of any artist they see as a threat at every possible opportunity for any reason they can think of. Every base for a big name act has those people but Blinks seem to have a much higher proportion.

 

For these reasons, hypocrisy, misogyny, lack of musical or industry understanding, massive gaps in reasoning, and confidently jumping to outlandish conclusions are all markers of Blink logic™.

 

Hope the 900 page essay clears things up. My best friend is a Blink and I liked most of their early music so outside of the stan world where you can't discuss any girl group without being bombarded by hateful morons I really don't care. Sorry to take up an entire page but I wanted to be thorough. :gayorkcat2:

You seriously need to get a life weirdo.
 

Should have made the whole essay about the disgusting men on the Kpop industry but no your focus will always be on Blackpink :pukey:

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

At the end of the day, I truly think people with brains will not think too much about a damn shirt and most will understand that she didn’t wear them knowingly. It’s not like she willingly joined a QAnon cult or said Nazis are great lmao. I’m willing to give people the benefit of doubt that they at least have that much of critical thinking ability. 

I'm from asia and i see the shirt as just a shirt since I have no idea what a QAnon cult is. In the bright side they got to TMZ one of the most viewed site in the us, that could get people asking who she is and check out the group. Twice good girl image is not doing well for them hype wise, the fans need something to defend, to talk about and to generate hype and maybe this could be one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

You seriously need to get a life weirdo.
 

Should have made the whole essay about the disgusting men on the Kpop industry but no your focus will always be on Blackpink :pukey:

You can't read it and say he hasn't at least make some points 

3 hours ago, Century said:

 

In general most fans of any pop artist stan for the musical output, but Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy, so the vast majority decided to stan because they saw enormous stream numbers(that were accomplished through SEA bot farms). This makes Black Pink have a concentration of the worst, most mentally unstable type of stan, which would be the ones who live vicariously through their favs success. For that type of fan, an attack on their fav is an attack on their own self worth, and by extension, any comment that disagrees with their fake #1 GG reality is a personal attack on them because success is all they have to cling to. This also feeds back into the first point because they are compulsively drawn to attack fans of any artist they see as a threat at every possible opportunity for any reason they can think of. Every base for a big name act has those people but Blinks seem to have a much higher proportion.

 

 

I really didn’t care for all the other things you wrote, but with this above part you hit the nail right on its head I fear. 
 

this is literally the reason why I can’t take majority of Blonks and BoTS stans seriously. Maybe it’s the curse of having a much bigger fanbase than any other act, or maybe the fanbase is big because they attract these type of people, but I think they’re two peas in a pod. 
 

PS. I don’t agree with you on the fact that their #1 gg status is “fake”, they really are the #1 gg currently in terms of popularity and numbers. But it’s how the blinks act DESPITE that status that’s really serving insecure and messy. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

13 minutes ago, Adama said:

You seriously need to get a life weirdo.
 

Should have made the whole essay about the disgusting men on the Kpop industry but no your focus will always be on Blackpink :pukey:

You were literally online and actively posting in the thread when I was educating ppl about that specific topic which lead the user to ask about why blinks and me have so much beef. :rip:

 

and my problem is with toxic, lying blinks such as yourself more than it ever has been about black pink. L attempt and shifting it back onto me and again selectively caring about real issues only when they benefit you/your favs

Edited by Century

This guy really re-affirmed why I love this song and Seventeen in general. They’re rejuvenating, energizing and healing. :clap3:

 

56 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

At the end of the day, I truly think people with brains will not think too much about a damn shirt and most will understand that she didn’t wear them knowingly. It’s not like she willingly joined a QAnon cult or said Nazis are great lmao. I’m willing to give people the benefit of doubt that they at least have that much of critical thinking ability. 

I would have agreed with you years back but I haven’t seen army’s acting anywhere near as as foolish as they used to for years atp.

 

Edit: I somehow quoted the wrong post of yours. Pretend I responded to the other one :gaycat6:

Edited by Century

If it hasn't already it's nearing 1 million :clap3:

hopefully there's an update from YG before release. 10 days to go :duca:

 

 

 

51 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

You can't read it and say he hasn't at least make some points 

who’s reading that? Maybe I would have read if the subject was serious sadly they put more energy on writing essays on defending Wendy ignorant behavior and trashing BP than what matters. 

 

42 minutes ago, Century said:

You were literally online and actively posting in the thread when I was educating ppl about that specific topic which lead the user to ask about why blinks and me have so much beef. :rip:

 

and my problem is with toxic, lying blinks such as yourself more than it ever has been about black pink. L attempt and shifting it back onto me and again selectively caring about real issues only when they benefit you/your favs

STFU! I was literally one of the first to speak about the video, alongside the problematic of sexualisation of young idols and literally be disgusted by this!

 

« Why blinks and me have beef ». You really have no life it’s so funny, bc who do you think you are to think people have beef with you 

Edited by Adama

7 minutes ago, Adama said:

STFU! I was literally one of the first to speak about the video, alongside the problematic of sexualisation of young idols and literally be disgusted by this!

 

Telling me I need to be worried about the real issue when I was the first person to start the conversation about the real issue and it directly lead to somebody asking why I dont **** with blinks here and knowing for a fact you saw how that conversation started and evolved is extremely dishonest.

 

I can only assume you're the obsessed one and were looking for a way to spin it back on me instead of thinking for a minute about any of the factual points in my post. Blinks obsessively calling me names, lying about me, and quoting me for pointing out their strange and abhorrent behavior when they have literally nothing of substance to add to the conversation is par for this thread though so whatever.

Edited by Century

One day I will make a whole essay too about how I love and want to support many nugu act but won't because most of their CEOs are sketchy with many points and pics and say their names too...

Edited by Xalric

chile, um, anyways :rip: 

 

not me waking up to the twice member having articles on Variety, Enews, USA today, Billboard, People, TMZ etc etc :deadbanana2:

the way it has tons of articles in my country too

imagine being exposed for being DUMB all over the world :ahh: 

 

good thing she's so irrelevant no one knows what her group is and who she is so this will all be over in 2 weeks.

hope these idols and their stylists learn from this dumbass' mistake though. its a very serious topic and should NOT be happening in 2023 anymore :biblio:

 

 

Edited by MonsterNavy

8 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Not YG putting cameras in these kids' bathroom:rip:

 

and people were worried about MHJ… i wonder what the ex toddler hater turned toddler lover @Mel. thinks.

Edited by Fanta

Something about the camera is weirder to me. Why is it pointing directly towards the shower!?

7 minutes ago, Century said:

Telling me I need to be worried about the real issue when I was the first person to start the conversation about the real issue and it directly lead to somebody asking why I dont **** with blinks here and knowing for a fact you saw how that conversation started and evolved is extremely dishonest.

 

I can only assume you're the obsessed one and were looking for a way to spin it back on me instead of thinking for a minute about any of the factual points in my post. Blinks obsessively calling me names, lying about me, and quoting me for pointing out their strange and abhorrent behavior when they have literally nothing of substance to add to the conversation is par for this thread though so whatever.

A lot of people including me brought the subject first, you did not. 
 

Im the obsessed one? When you’re the one writing a whole page of nonsense??
 

Bc how a serious topic about Kpop companies disgusting behavior towards young idols lead to write and shade BP talents, their solos activities and works. Proceed to calls them pick me (I swear people are just following the trend and try to act smart), talking about their date life and media presence :biblio:

 

Like how can you write this and then complain saying BliNk are OBSESSED with Meee 

 

« Pretending their members are talented or in more creative control than the average idol then try to give out lashings based off that false assumption

 

For a short period, they even had beef with BTS army because they legitimately thought their own favs were more popular

They're "musicians" that have no musical talent

 

Rose is the exception(underrated vocals I fear)

Misogyny permeates every aspect of the group's careers

 

Pick me girl image

 

Solo activities being picked off of who's the prettiest instead of who has the most talent(This is a complete 180 from literally every other YG group, GD is one ugly ass idol and is allowed to be the face of the whole company, for example).

 

YG announcing the group's main intent being to be pretty(because that's all that organization values about women in general) before they were even close to debuting or even had a lineup picked out.

 

Their media presence revolves exclusively around wearing nice clothes and who they're dating(I might get chased into non-kpop threads again for bringing that back up but it's true and still repulsive 

There's also an enormous gap in media literacy for a lot of them(not being able to recognize paid promotions, gloating about music reviews from non-music publications, gloating about brand deals that are often local to Asia or even just Korea as a sign of global relevancy, 

Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy »

 

 

iirc they also did that for BP and jennie looked creeped out… if anyone has the clip…

9 minutes ago, Adama said:

A lot of people including me brought the subject first, you did not. 
 

Im the obsessed one? When you’re the one writing a whole page of nonsense??
 

Bc how a serious topic about Kpop companies disgusting behavior towards young idols lead to write and shade BP talents, their solos activities and works. Proceed to calls them pick me (I swear people are just following the trend and try to act smart), talking about their date life and media presence :biblio:

 

Like how can you write this and then complain saying BliNk are OBSESSED with Meee 

 

« Pretending their members are talented or in more creative control than the average idol then try to give out lashings based off that false assumption

 

For a short period, they even had beef with BTS army because they legitimately thought their own favs were more popular

They're "musicians" that have no musical talent

 

Rose is the exception(underrated vocals I fear)

Misogyny permeates every aspect of the group's careers

 

Pick me girl image

 

Solo activities being picked off of who's the prettiest instead of who has the most talent(This is a complete 180 from literally every other YG group, GD is one ugly ass idol and is allowed to be the face of the whole company, for example).

 

YG announcing the group's main intent being to be pretty(because that's all that organization values about women in general) before they were even close to debuting or even had a lineup picked out.

 

Their media presence revolves exclusively around wearing nice clothes and who they're dating(I might get chased into non-kpop threads again for bringing that back up but it's true and still repulsive 

There's also an enormous gap in media literacy for a lot of them(not being able to recognize paid promotions, gloating about music reviews from non-music publications, gloating about brand deals that are often local to Asia or even just Korea as a sign of global relevancy, 

Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy »

 

 

None of those assumptions are untrue... 

21 minutes ago, Adama said:

A lot of people including me brought the subject first, you did not. 

My first post on the matter today(before anybody had even posted the bathroom cams because I don't just pretend to care about things when they're thrown in my face):

 

Your first post on the matter on the next page:

 

 

 

21 minutes ago, Adama said:

Proceed to calls them pick me (I swear people are just following the trend and try to act smart)

I can literally find you media play puff pieces that use the phrase "not like other girl groups" if I need to since you singled out this claim specifically.

 

 

21 minutes ago, Adama said:

Like how can you write this and then complain saying BliNk are OBSESSED with Meee 

Spoiler

« Pretending their members are talented or in more creative control than the average idol then try to give out lashings based off that false assumption

 

For a short period, they even had beef with BTS army because they legitimately thought their own favs were more popular

They're "musicians" that have no musical talent

 

Rose is the exception(underrated vocals I fear)

Misogyny permeates every aspect of the group's careers

 

Pick me girl image

 

Solo activities being picked off of who's the prettiest instead of who has the most talent(This is a complete 180 from literally every other YG group, GD is one ugly ass idol and is allowed to be the face of the whole company, for example).

 

YG announcing the group's main intent being to be pretty(because that's all that organization values about women in general) before they were even close to debuting or even had a lineup picked out.

 

Their media presence revolves exclusively around wearing nice clothes and who they're dating(I might get chased into non-kpop threads again for bringing that back up but it's true and still repulsive 

There's also an enormous gap in media literacy for a lot of them(not being able to recognize paid promotions, gloating about music reviews from non-music publications, gloating about brand deals that are often local to Asia or even just Korea as a sign of global relevancy, 

Black Stink has next to no music to speak of and zero potential to improve or grow musically while they're chained to Teddy »

 

I can get receipts for every claim I bolded if you want to honestly tell me I was lying about any of them in specific and have any kind of receipts yourself first. You also manually deleted huge portions of what I said presumably because even you with your demonstrated willingness to lie and personally attack me based on those lies can't defend those parts. I gave a lot of my opinion but the bulk of it was just stating things that have happened over the years. 

 

I would call the desperation to go as far as to lie about me because my mainly factual post has so many of you bothered some kind of obsession yes. Considering my Blink post was able to reference days-long ranting about me as well as another user subbing me repeatedly during the duration of that conversation, I'd confidently say the obsession is widespread in ktrl Blinks. I'm not obsessed with Black Pink, just constantly annoyed by people like you for behaving like this and sucking the joy out of this thread. This is exactly why nobody outside of your base fucks with yall. Maybe start acting normal as a fanbase instead of using slurs at anybody who disagrees with you people.

Edited by Century

8 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

iirc they also did that for BP and jennie looked creeped out… if anyone has the clip…

I've seen on Twitter that in BP house they had cameras directly pointing at the showers and toilets too. Like DISGUSTING.

22 minutes ago, Century said:

My first post on the matter today:

 

Your first post on the matter on the next page:

 

 

 

I can literally find you media play puff pieces that use the phrase "not like other girl groups" if I need to.

 

 

I can get receipts for every claim I bolded. You also manually deleted huge portions of what I said presumably because even you with your demonstrated willingness to lie and personally attack me based on those lies can't defend those parts. I gave a lot of my opinion but the bulk of it was just stating things that have happened over the years. 

 

I would call the desperation to lie some kind of obsession yes. I'm not obsessed with Black Pink, just constantly annoyed by people like you for behaving like this and sucking the joy out of this thread.

I only added the points (who somehow took the most parts of your essay) who were irrelevant to the the SERIOUS topic, to show you how these « claims » had nothing to do with it and are just there bc of the DEEP hate you have toward them. You’re the only desperate one  @Century

 


Unlike you I will never minimize LSM awful actions against the idols. 

Unlike YOU I will NEVER defends the Pinks appropriation and ignorance, especially will never call idols saying a n word a « non issue » or excusing their behavior saying that they « never said anything » or that they « mistakenly mouthed the N Word ». 

 

Saying I’m sucking this joy of this thread when you’re constant behavior are always leading to hate on this thread. You’re the weirdo there, Im definitely not. 

 

 

Edited by Adama

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.