Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

It’s always funny when people just throw this blanket statement “twice talentless” around, not realizing this might apply to almost all kpop groups, maybe even more than Twice:dies:

Objectively a lot of groups could be labeled as Talentless.
 

BTS only have one capable singer; Jungkook, Blackpink have none, NJs have none, Twice has Jihyo&Nayeon, IVE has Liz, TXT have none, Stray Kidz have none etc.

 

But image is everything in kpop.  Once you’re labelled as “talentless” it’s very hard to get rid of that label. 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

38 minutes ago, BTS said:

Didn’t stop Twice either and look where they ended up 

The lack of vocals didn’t stop BTS :clap3:

45 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Who tf cares about mb:bibliahh: Liz is only hated by knetz and it’s not a metric to know if a cb will tank 

It’s known that those music show host gigs actually do a lot for popularity of female idols. It’s constant exposure and media play articles 

54 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I can’t tell if he’s being serious or not :chick3:@kendoll2001

 

 

I think it’s going to be like Face The Sun/Sector 17, and they’ll have the comeback in April, and then the repackage two months later — in June :WAP:

26 minutes ago, newaespa said:

 

NINGNING is so ******* pretty and talented :jonny5:

 

My queens SLAYING it in VOGUE+ :clap3:

 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqJJCY0aQAIvGp5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://i.imgur.com/9GO8rz2.gif

2 minutes ago, Axel. said:

:bibliahh:

The stunt casting of Jiwoong, the synergy, the timing, genius of Holland tbh :clap3:

1 hour ago, Odd said:

Speaking of kep1er. :deadbanana2:

 

 

 

I'm not a blink, but K-pop groups really do struggle to cover their songs. 

 

spacer.png

cringe :deadvision:
hate the way they performed especially Dayola

15 minutes ago, Axel. said:

:bibliahh:

They know each other from that BL they did together, so I’m not surprised Jiwoong is in this. 
but what is happening to Holland, I hope he’s taking care of himself :rip:

 

25 minutes ago, BTS said:

Objectively a lot of groups could be labeled as Talentless.
 

BTS only have one capable singer; Jungkook, Blackpink have none, NJs have none, Twice has Jihyo&Nayeon, IVE has Liz, TXT have none, Stray Kidz have none etc.

 

But image is everything in kpop.  Once you’re labelled as “talentless” it’s very hard to get rid of that label. 

Again with the Jeongyeon erasure but whatever

at least you know the word “talentless” is useless and never true when describing an entire kpop group with multiple members with different skills. Even RV only has Wendy and Seulgi by that logic (but you know there will be a war here if anyone calls RV talentless lol)

 

17 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I think it’s going to be like Face The Sun/Sector 17, and they’ll have the comeback in April, and then the repackage two months later — in June :WAP:

In April???? ahh always feeding us. FTS/S17 was amazing, hope they continue giving us quality :WAP: im so excited.

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

In April???? ahh always feeding us. FTS/S17 was amazing, hope they continue giving us quality :WAP: im so excited.

Yes, they will serve quality and duality once again :clap3:

 

I’m expecting a bright, fun concept for April and a darker, sexier repackage for June
 

I’d love a Love Scenario for Spring, and another HOT for Summer 

 

Onces desperately aiming for Red Velvet again when their own faves are under fire for being talentless. What's new :michael:

 

OT: Time To Love is such a stunning ballad and since it's RV, sung beautifully of course.

 

 

8 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Again with the Jeongyeon erasure but whatever

at least you know the word “talentless” is useless and never true when describing an entire kpop group with multiple members with different skills. Even RV only has Wendy and Seulgi by that logic (but you know there will be a war here if anyone calls RV talentless lol)

Joy can sing too, it is surprising how some of you want to give a pass to Jisoo, Liz, Jennie, Jeongyeon, etc but always take their chances to erase Joy's vocal talent, sure, she is no Mariah but the girl is as capable as Rosé to say the least:michael: Also no one in RV is as terrible as Momo/Tzuyu/Daehyun/Chaeyoung/Lisa:rip:

34 minutes ago, Axel. said:

:bibliahh:

Was he eliminated? I have to admit I kinda stopped watching or are they able to do stuff while still on the show

6 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Joy can sing too, it is surprising how some of you want to give a pass to Jisoo, Liz, Jennie, Jeongyeon, etc but always take their chances to erase Joy's vocal talent, sure, she is no Mariah but the girl is as capable as Rosé to say the least:michael: Also no one in RV is as terrible as Momo/Tzuyu/Daehyun/Chaeyoung/Lisa:rip:

Lisa isn’t terrible

sjrs a rapper, she’s not expected to be a great singer..I’m not sure why y’all always include Lisa in these debates about vocals..she’s not a singer

 

singing was never her position, she’s a rapper that can carry a tune, but she’s definitely not terrible

9 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Was he eliminated? I have to admit I kinda stopped watching or are they able to do stuff while still on the show

He’s still on the show, he was ranked 5th out of 52 during the last update. They had some time off between filming the last challenge, a lot of the trainees actually went back to school, so I guess that’s when Jiwoong filmed this cameo :eatpopcorn:

What did I tell y’all? :ahh:
a simple logical post yet they are already offended just because I mentioned RV’s name. Are we surprised though :dies:

 

 

9 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Joy can sing too, it is surprising how some of you want to give a pass to Jisoo, Liz, Jennie, Jeongyeon, etc but always take their chances to erase Joy's vocal talent, sure, she is no Mariah but the girl is as capable as Rosé to say the least:michael: Also no one in RV is as terrible as Momo/Tzuyu/Daehyun/Chaeyoung/Lisa:rip:

whats funnier is that you putting Jisoo and Jennie on the same level of Liz and Jeongyeon. It’s like a broken record at this point, give it up. 
 

17 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yes, they will serve quality and duality once again :clap3:

 

I’m expecting a bright, fun concept for April and a darker, sexier repackage for June
 

I’d love a Love Scenario for Spring, and another HOT for Summer 

 

Ooh I love this concept! Their bright songs are always so heartwarming so I’m expecting something like that for spring. :clap3:

Also this whole discussion about “talent” doesn’t have to be only limited to vocals, I hope some of y’all know that:dies:

I’m FOREVER in shook with my jaw on the floor over this:

 

 

FdwR8cCagAA2bIk.jpg

3 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

He’s still on the show, he was ranked 5th out of 52 during the last update. They had some time off between filming the last challenge, a lot of the trainees actually went back to school, so I guess that’s when Jiwoong filmed this cameo :eatpopcorn:

Oh okay thanks lol

wow @ him being top 5 tho, I missed a lot

I feel sorry for Le Sserafim when they have been the most talented girlgroup this whole time and everyone already underestimated them When they end your faves in May Pleek! don’t cry about it!

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Also this whole discussion about “talent” doesn’t have to be only limited to vocals, I hope some of y’all know that:dies:

Well the discussion is vocal talent and singers, so what else are we basing it on?

 

if we’re talking overall talent, Lisa CLEARS

and definitely not in the terrible tier

 

i just need y’all to stop playing in her face.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.