Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

I mean…a 3 week preorder period doesn’t seem that bad. 
but yeah the girlies are barely catching a breath. Starshit is trash wbk.

 

———

this song is growing on me now. Still not their best retro song though

 

 

 

also now that I think of it, their retro sounding songs are truly great. I Can’t Stop Me, Talk That Talk, Up Mo More, Cruel, FILA, Got The Thrills and more. Whew :clap3:and of course that’s not even including their Japanese songs. 

Why are they still promoting this flop? I saw that they performed Moonlight Sunrise on Kelly Clarkson's show.  I would have hoped they realized SMF is going to do nothing to break them internationally.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

2 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Why are they still promoting this flop? I saw that they performed Moonlight Sunrise on Kelly Clarkson's show.  I would have hoped they realized SMF is going to do nothing to break them internationally.

They literally did one performance on Fallon on release day though….

unless we count these random reels and dance practice videos as “promo” 

 

they’ve promoted MLSR more than this so far, which is a better decisión tbh 

10 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

There was such rumour? I only remember Kihyun saying the tour would be difficult for this year since they have to go.

 

I can't believe they are taking Min away just before Shownu comes back. We won't see OT6 in so long. :jonnycat:

Jooheon did say something about seeing the international fans when the days will get warmer. And there is a law where they can push back enlistment for a world tour (thanks to BTS)

If I talk about JYP and his obsession for retro concept which is now reductive and tired. It's even more predictable than a Teddy production.

The way everything about this song is perfect  except for that chorus :emofish: Like I can’t believe they really wasted this perfect pre-chorus on this mid song :mad:

 

3 hours ago, Xalric said:

If I talk about JYP and his obsession for retro concept which is now reductive and tired. It's even more predictable than a Teddy production.

This. It worked for Wonder Girls for about 2 to 3 comebacks, and then he ran it into the ground.  He has a bad habit of giving his groups one sound, and then being unable to change when it stops working.  Twice is lucky their sound is generic dance-pop, which allowed some variety they could age with.  But Itzy is stuck in trap-pop, and NMIXX is "mix pop" and he can't course correct.  It's 2AM/Miss A all over again.  

6 hours ago, JoanneActII said:

 

 

The couldn’t find a pic with Sakura :deadbanana4:??

 

4 hours ago, Eternium said:

The schedule is packed now that SM is part of Kakao:

April - IVE/Taeyeon

May - Aespa/Naevis?

June - SMNGG

July - Red Velvet

August - Aespa repackage/mini or IVE repackage/mini

September - Aespa repackage/mini or IVE repackage/mini

October - Taeyeon/SM girl band?

November - SMNGG comeback

December - Red Velvet

 

I’m locking in my votes now :coffee2: 

It has more to do with Kakao spacing out IVE and Aespa. It benefits them now to have the groups spaced out by three weeks. They won’t directly compete but can actively promote together.

There was an official announcement for Taeyeon and Aespa in April from a shareholder meeting.

IU is coming back this year. 
 

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

But really, where is ENHYPEN? :redface: Cause their last comeback was in July even before aespa's?  @CandyCoatedClouds @Gwendolyn @Witnessed ET

the bullying issue + the comment about SK history ruined them. 
 

51 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Monsta X world tour which was first rumoured for April/May starting in Korea and Japan then for the summer in US and Europe. Is now not happening since Minhyuk is enlisting and Shownu getting discharged in 36 days.

 

I was expecting WJSN but Sexy posted the group being in the studio still.

They had a cb in January right? 
 

39 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I mean…a 3 week preorder period doesn’t seem that bad. 
but yeah the girlies are barely catching a breath. Starshit is trash wbk.

 

It’s not about the pre order period but them going to Paris 2 days before the promotions start. It’s not good for their health. SS could have scheduled this better 

Lesserafim coming back on May 1st will be so fitting because their debut was on May 2nd last year. But goddamn, I'm scared that Aespa will come back on the exact same day with Le sserafim. Can't handle the GIDLE vs Le Sserafim flashback. 

12 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Jooheon did say something about seeing the international fans when the days will get warmer. And there is a law where they can push back enlistment for a world tour (thanks to BTS)

I actually think he was talking about his individual schedules. Remember how he was supposed to do that Netflix movie in the US? Now he said it's mostly likely not happening. Maybe there is something else coming as well, who knows. He's very busy with variety shows now. He was in the UK a couple of weeks ago.

Jennifer seems so sweet and she's so pretty. What happens when you're good (and v rich lol) :jonnycat:

LSRFM vs aespa is going to be FUN

 

IVE dodged a bullet (or vice versa :coffee:)

le ssera news finally. 

they have their fanmeeting this weekend so announcement after that 

35 minutes ago, Hay Amores said:

Lesserafim coming back on May 1st will be so fitting because their debut was on May 2nd last year. But goddamn, I'm scared that Aespa will come back on the exact same day with Le sserafim. Can't handle the GIDLE vs Le Sserafim flashback. 

Aespa are going to release a Friday for the BB200 chart

Edited by Adama

7 hours ago, katyberry said:

OMG YESS they escaped the April bloodbath and will actually have the entire month to promote :jonny5: 

 

 

 

7 hours ago, Zack said:

Can't believe it has been 10 months since Girls era.

 

Looking forward to this comeback. I hope SM has chosen the title track(s) carefully.

Hopefully we'll get a repackage in June too.

 

The report says "early May" so I guess we can expect teasers to start by latest mid-April, but sooner the better!

 

6 hours ago, JoanneActII said:

and aespa is officially confirmed 

 

 

oh my god finally a confirmation :WAP:

the pre orders and teasers may start at the 1st or 2nd week of april if they're coming early may :WAP:

 

I just know the music this time will be so so good :WAP:

and oh, they're coming to break Bom Pink's sales I feel aespa and bp will keep one upping each other when it comes to sales (if blackpink still decides to release music in the future :rip: )

51 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

This. It worked for Wonder Girls for about 2 to 3 comebacks, and then he ran it into the ground.  He has a bad habit of giving his groups one sound, and then being unable to change when it stops working.  Twice is lucky their sound is generic dance-pop, which allowed some variety they could age with.  But Itzy is stuck in trap-pop, and NMIXX is "mix pop" and he can't course correct.  It's 2AM/Miss A all over again.  

Wdym it ALWAYS worked for the wonder girls 

4 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Top 10 most streamed songs by each company.

RV are truly the dark horse of SM. 

 

 

 

YG :skull:

crackstink hard carrying that company

 

83-AB638-F-F818-43-EE-84-DD-F44-E8-BC1-B

 

 

 

March 31 - Jisoo

April 20 - IVE

May - aespa & LSRFM 

 

a mini august 2022

 

83-AB638-F-F818-43-EE-84-DD-F44-E8-BC1-B

  • MCD.EP788: PIXY, Lim Sa Rang, Serri, Cherry Bullet, YUJU, Nicole, TWICE, ULALA SESSION, TRENDZ, TAN, HAWW, OnlyOneOf, Y(Golden Child), CRAVITY, KAI

:cm:

I really wonder if aespa can outsell BORN PINK though, 2.6MIL is quite a big amount to reach :jonny6:

and IVE’s sales are increasing very fast as well, their upcoming single album or whatever will probably outsell GIRLS

 

The Korean Barbie is coming

 

 

Edited by Xalric

I feel like aespa is going to do huge numbers considering how the situation and all the delays seem the fans are going all out to support the girls i just hope the title tracks is good enough to carry the hype. 

26 minutes ago, newaespa said:

I really wonder if aespa can outsell BORN PINK though, 2.6MIL is quite a big amount to reach :jonny6:

and IVE’s sales are increasing very fast as well, their upcoming single album or whatever will probably outsell GIRLS

 

1 minute ago, Pinter said:

I feel like aespa is going to do huge numbers considering how the situation and all the delays seem the fans are going all out to support the girls i just hope the title tracks is good enough to carry the hype. 

girls is at 1.9m right? they'll def outsell or sell the same as Bom Pink

 

if the bsides are already salty and sweet, thirsty levels just imagine the title track :WAP:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.