Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

43 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Damn the way this user spilled once again. Aespa and StayC token/bandwagon stans end with Girls and Beautiful Monster respectively. IVE, LSFM, and NJ are no exception once any of them underperformed.

 

 

I agree with the bandwagon stan notion to a degree, but I can’t say that I would put aespa and a group like STAYC in the same box. Yes, they’re both at the same crossroads professionally to where there’s a lot riding on their next releases, but it’s more of regaining a position of power for aespa as opposed to STAYC, where success is probably most critical for their survival.
 

Aespa is indeed suffering from a major internal shift right now, and while they did lose a lot of general support from the mismanagement of the GIRLS era, they still have a strong enough fanbase as solid foundation (evidenced by their concert sell-outs, social media engagements, and not-as-impressive, but nowhere disastrous recurrent streams). I’d even argue that they have a stronger core fanbase than IVE or LRSF, who have mostly been benefitting so far from a large recent spike in that general support. It’ll be interesting to see where the cards fall once either of them suffers from an underperformance, like you mentioned.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

glad to see people finally starting to see the light and stanning the better song

 

On 1/25/2023 at 10:07 AM, Flomik said:

OMG outpeaking Ditto on Billboard? the better song won :clap3:

the way I spilled 5 days ago :clap3:

 

 

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

It’s truly one of the best pop songs, the fast paced tempo with the synths really gives a nostalgic feeling yet still pumps me up. People just pretended to hate it because it wasn’t “signature Twice” I guess :coffee2:

tbh the fact that it isn’t “signature Twice” is what made me love it bc I still mostly hated their old sound at that point (it has since grown on me quite a bit)

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

glad to see people finally starting to see the light and stanning the better song

 

the way I spilled 5 days ago :clap3:

 

 

How does the point system even work?

 

Ditto - 0 sales, 5.4m streams = 38 points

Moonlight Sunrise - 6k sales, 5.2m streams = 39 points

 

6k sales only worths 1 or 2 points? :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

Ditto >>>>>>>>>> OMG anytime and day :coffee2:

Love both but tea!

6 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

fixed for ya. Beautiful Monster is a GOOD song. stan culture is just too fickle.

Stereotype flopped too and no one left because the song and the album were fantastic, but Beautiful Monster... :mandown:

19 minutes ago, Gaia said:

OMG is my #1 song of 2023 and I had no interest when it was first released. The “I’m goin crazy now BaBEY, ba-BABEY” part is so catchy :rip: 

such a random part but I agree that whole section is so good, with the "my heart is glowin'" conga line and the transition back to the chorus with Hanni's iconic "cause heeeEEEE"

 

it's art.

3 minutes ago, Axel. said:

Stereotype flopped too and no one left because the song and the album were fantastic, but Beautiful Monster... :mandown:

I liked Beautiful Monster but those bsides were indeed so disappointing. I expected at least one that's great :coffee2:

 

Anyway at least POPPY was excellence so I'm excited for next comeback :giraffe:

OMG's post chorus is sooooo good :jonny5: 

 

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

How does the point system even work?

 

Ditto - 0 sales, 5.4m streams = 38 points

Moonlight Sunrise - 6k sales, 5.2m streams = 39 points

 

6k sales only worths 1 or 2 points? :rip: 

twice probably had more free streams from youtube which are weighed lower than paid streams

the "they keep on asking me who is he" line on OMG is so out of place and off-beat but it's so catchy :rip: I keep repeating it in my head

today I accidentally sung this line out loud and my friends were very confused :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

fixed for ya. Beautiful Monster is a GOOD song. stan culture is just too fickle.

never said it was bad but compared to their previous title tracks it’s just… meh :emofish:

i believe they will deliver quality once again with this cb and hopefully it’s a full album too :alexz:

Edited by hallucinate

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

never said it was bad but compared to their previous title tracks it’s just… meh :emofish:

that’s my problem with it like, if it pops up I won’t skip it but I don’t actively seek it out like the rest of their stuff :gaycat6:

Is OMG the highest charting non-BTS/BP kpop song on the Hot 100?

Beautiful Monster is one of those K-pop songs that's really good when you put on your headphones and focus all your attention on it. The production is so detailed.

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Oh wait I forgot that naevis is about to debut too :ahh: 

Add that to the long list. Like who even asks for that? :rip: 

she's not gonna actually debut...just dance at the SXSW thing

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Gangnam Style peaked at #2

So the highest charting song by a kpop act that is not BTS BP or PSY?

2 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

So the highest charting song by a kpop act that is not BTS BP or PSY?

Nobody peaked at 76 :giraffe:

Jungcock is rumored to be the new CK ambassador. He’s not the most handsome but his body and his tattoos (except the army’s one) make him so hot :WAP:

27 minutes ago, Sept said:

Ditto >>>>>>>>>> OMG anytime and day :coffee2:

You spilled for once :ducky:

9 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Is it the year of the BG :deadbanana2:

 

No just zombie streaming. Their ULs are very low

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.