K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

21 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Something good about SM is that they don't give up, look at NCT127 they were big flops until Neo Zone, SM never stop pushing them until now. 

lmao yeah but i don't think aespa can catch up w newjeans and ive anymore so that's big sad for them, they will continue on having big physical sales but as for smash hits idk if they still have the capacity of having them

Edited by sourprint

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

also it’s probably really hard for SM to do market research and decide what type of sound the public would be into for aespa, now that stans have figured out how to send literally any song into the Melon top 5

even mediocrity like SRR :cold1:

Aespa needs to drop the kwangya mess in their lyrics and videos. 

Just release those smcu episodes with their cb to keep the lore and that's it. 

aespa's Korean concert general sale opened today and now both dates are already sold out. :clap3:

OT: Just a biT concerning that this concert is in less than 1 month and the girls have no new material to promote/include. I think at best we'll get some B-side preview performances at the concert, but it is total madness to launch a tour with no new album??

When these Korean concerts finish, 2 weeks later, the girls are going to Japan for a longer tour from March 15 till the end of April, so there's not even time to release/promote the album after the Korean concerts :skull:

13 minutes ago, Narima said:

that background music better be a snippet for the new album

3 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

🐻 💕 

Fight back @IVE ! Stayc are about to snatch your Korean main demographic :dies:

15 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

These fancams are probably live but the final cut of the performance still has those close ups shots I mentioned which were recorded in another take. Haerin's hair hits the mic in the OMG performance at 2:04 but there's no sound. Wheater or not taking multiple takes and editing them to a final performance even if they recorded it live at some point is considered a "live performance" is subjective I guess. I personally don't cuz you never know what else they edited.

It's been like that since so many years ago... They do the pre recording multiple times and then choose 1 audio of those and that's how is selected is not something of today is something that's happening since more than 10 years ago though :coffee2:

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

i respect that. but eunchae and sakura's voices are so girly and annoying, its very TWICE-like and that's why I can't stand 90% of their songs except Nayeonce and Jihyo :toofunny3:

not when they constantly have her shrieking like an electrocuted squirrel on their titles :toofunny2:

her solo work has her in a more comfortable zone though, I’ll give you that

1 hour ago, Sept said:

NCT top 5 on Melon :deadbanana: What's now? Are they also 4th gen leaders? 

They debut on the same year as Blackpink so no they're 3rd gen. I think bg stans are slowly figured out on how to made their fave songs charted on Melon and Flo after the massive chart reform.

I just knew nothing good would come from Ay-yo based on the title alone; and they need to stop giving Doyoung the climax during the bridges because he’s not going to deliver on the rare occasion they sing it live. Whatever stylists gave Jaehyun and Johnny those flat ass hairstyles need to be fired. Also, can the choreographers stop giving Jungwoo the same ol’ dance-in-front/behind-this member moment. We’ve been getting them since Kick It. Didn’t they say Taeil starts the song (or were they referring to one of the new b-sides? I can’t recall. Anyway, that was a ******* lie). At least Punch has company down in the gutter now.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sept said:

NCT top 5 on Melon :deadbanana: What's now? Are they also 4th gen leaders? 

Pretty sure they're 3rd gen?

Some takes. In what why NJ is more talented than twice. Also expect momo and sana nobody sing in a cute way. Especially not jeongyeon. 

shut down is still a timeless classic. 

spacer.png

Damn the way this user spilled once again. Aespa and StayC token/bandwagon stans end with Girls and Beautiful Monster respectively. IVE, LSFM, and NJ are no exception once any of them underperformed.

2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

i respect that. but eunchae and sakura's voices are so girly and annoying, its very TWICE-like and that's why I can't stand 90% of their songs except Nayeonce and Jihyo :toofunny3:

Uhmmm you literally named the squeakiest voice in Twice along with the most shrill :rip: at least be consistent and say Jeongyeon. 

57 minutes ago, Zack said:

aespa's Korean concert general sale opened today and now both dates are already sold out. :clap3:

OT: Just a biT concerning that this concert is in less than 1 month and the girls have no new material to promote/include. I think at best we'll get some B-side preview performances at the concert, but it is total madness to launch a tour with no new album??

When these Korean concerts finish, 2 weeks later, the girls are going to Japan for a longer tour from March 15 till the end of April, so there's not even time to release/promote the album after the Korean concerts :skull:

They will 

57 minutes ago, Zack said:

They can do an encore concert in Korea like SNSD did with their first tour and in that time they released Oh! Album 

So yeah performing bsides of the album is going to happen with no doubt :coffee2:

16 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

They debut on the same year as Blackpink so no they're 3rd gen. I think bg stans are slowly figured out on how to made their fave songs charted on Melon and Flo after the massive chart reform.

Sticker chart similar in 2021,  Ay Yo is going to fall hard in the coming days most likely since is weird noise.

11 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Damn the way this user spilled once again. Aespa and StayC token/bandwagon stans end with Girls and Beautiful Monster respectively. IVE, LSFM, and NJ are no exception once any of them underperformed.

Already happened with IVE i fear and those girls don't even have a flop :deadbanana4:

4th Gen Stans are so fickle :rip:

If they don’t go Top 3 they immediately get dropped it’s so funny. Gone are the days of defending #98 peaks with quality and acclaim. Loser behavior tbh 

spacer.png

Happt for 127 i guess, all i know is boygroups are finally doing SOMETHING and that makes me happy :bird:

EXO, SHINEE, SKZ, DREAM comebacks soon i hope and that they all either smash or release bops :angelo:

Why don't understand the Blackpink girls are not feeling it anymore, they already tried how it's like earning money without lifting a finger, so yeah I think YG is holding them back but cuz theirs contract 

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

They don’t care because they’re successful if they were flop since day one they would have cared. 

Now, truer words have never been spoken

BP are used to do the bare minimum and receive maximum results. Ofc, they don't care.