K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

fixed for ya. Beautiful Monster is a GOOD song. stan culture is just too fickle.

Stereotype flopped too and no one left because the song and the album were fantastic, but Beautiful Monster... :mandown:

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Gaia said:

OMG is my #1 song of 2023 and I had no interest when it was first released. The “I’m goin crazy now BaBEY, ba-BABEY” part is so catchy :rip: 

such a random part but I agree that whole section is so good, with the "my heart is glowin'" conga line and the transition back to the chorus with Hanni's iconic "cause heeeEEEE"

it's art.

3 minutes ago, Axel. said:

Stereotype flopped too and no one left because the song and the album were fantastic, but Beautiful Monster... :mandown:

I liked Beautiful Monster but those bsides were indeed so disappointing. I expected at least one that's great :coffee2:

Anyway at least POPPY was excellence so I'm excited for next comeback :giraffe:

OMG's post chorus is sooooo good :jonny5: 

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

How does the point system even work?

Ditto - 0 sales, 5.4m streams = 38 points

Moonlight Sunrise - 6k sales, 5.2m streams = 39 points

6k sales only worths 1 or 2 points? :rip: 

twice probably had more free streams from youtube which are weighed lower than paid streams

the "they keep on asking me who is he" line on OMG is so out of place and off-beat but it's so catchy :rip: I keep repeating it in my head

today I accidentally sung this line out loud and my friends were very confused :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

fixed for ya. Beautiful Monster is a GOOD song. stan culture is just too fickle.

never said it was bad but compared to their previous title tracks it’s just… meh :emofish:

i believe they will deliver quality once again with this cb and hopefully it’s a full album too :alexz:

Edited by hallucinate

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

never said it was bad but compared to their previous title tracks it’s just… meh :emofish:

that’s my problem with it like, if it pops up I won’t skip it but I don’t actively seek it out like the rest of their stuff :gaycat6:

Beautiful Monster is one of those K-pop songs that's really good when you put on your headphones and focus all your attention on it. The production is so detailed.

Is it the year of the BG :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Oh wait I forgot that naevis is about to debut too :ahh: 

Add that to the long list. Like who even asks for that? :rip: 

she's not gonna actually debut...just dance at the SXSW thing

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Gangnam Style peaked at #2

So the highest charting song by a kpop act that is not BTS BP or PSY?

2 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

So the highest charting song by a kpop act that is not BTS BP or PSY?

Nobody peaked at 76 :giraffe:

Jungcock is rumored to be the new CK ambassador. He’s not the most handsome but his body and his tattoos (except the army’s one) make him so hot :WAP:

27 minutes ago, Sept said:

Ditto >>>>>>>>>> OMG anytime and day :coffee2:

You spilled for once :ducky:

9 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Is it the year of the BG :deadbanana2:

No just zombie streaming. Their ULs are very low

2 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Imagine still caring about BLACKPINK in 2023

Their latest album underperformed which means stans are slowly jumping ship. And rightfully so. Those lazy girls deserve no success

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

They're on the soon to be biggest K-pop tour so they will continue seeing success and you will stay bothered I fear

736-DAEB2-F82-F-4-C4-E-B667-14-D2514-C62

16 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

:eatpopcorn:

KPOP fans are just now discovering algorithms? That song is viral so of course it's going to show up. :rip:

15 minutes ago, Adama said:

Jungcock is rumored to be the new CK ambassador. He’s not the most handsome but his body and his tattoos (except the army’s one) make him so hot :WAP:

No way Hybe would let him do a real CK shoot. We'll probably get him in jeans with his underwear band poking out. :deadbanana: 

Not some people in here acting as if Aespa's career is over because Girls underperformed:rip: like you are all so silly, with experimental songs, sucess tends to be very hit or miss. I'd like to see your faves smashing with tracks like Girls:rip:

ok I know not many will agree in here but...

if you look at the run from Superhuman -> Kick It -> Punch -> Sticker -> Favorite

NCT 127 WAS moving in the right direction in terms of combining their noise sound with songs that are a little more GP-friendly

but then now we've gotten 2 Baddies and Ay-Yo, two songs that have barely any melodic hooks or catchy parts

and what's the concept/aesthetic of Ay-Yo? parts of the MV could've been a dance practice vid. it has no flavor at all

HYBE acquire SM challenge and save these groups :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

No way Hybe would let him do a real CK shoot. We'll probably get him in jeans with his underwear band poking out. :deadbanana: 

Really why not?