Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, MusicFan98 said:

You all be doing too much on aespa, it's obvious their sound is gonna change, just like SNSD/f(x)/RV did:michael: SM's never been JYP or YG, they will change up the music everytime they want. I think Aespa will always serve hyper pop to some extent though, it's their trademark just like it's RV's trademark to release weird songs and hot R&B b-sides.

 

 

Exactly, SM acts always know how to reinvent their sounds, and it's literally the reason I stanned RV hard because they always give something new. Idk why ppl complaining about aespa changing up their style :dies: and it's not even a drastic change

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

17 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

They look beautiful but literally nothing else about this Aespa era excites me :sad: I liked them a lot until the Girls fiasco. I feel like SM saw the reception that comeback got and pivoted too hard in the other direction. People just wanted a good song, not for them to completely abandon their style and aesthetic.

Huh? The lyric that brings the dance break to the bridge in “Girls” is “NAEVIS on the real MY world.” We knew they’d be in the real world this era and they’d meet NAEVIS. The pre-release is so on-the nose with the title “Welcome to MY World (feat. NAEVIS).”

 

And it’s pretty obvious they’re going to have some form of isekai in the music video and the leaks are starting to confirm that. The only thing disappointing is the fashion.

6 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Maybe for other groups but not aespa :deadbanana2: everything is following a storyline that’s been planned for months! These “phenomenons” and glitchy stuff we saw in the MV were also part of the teasers taken 6 months ago 

That doesn't really mean anything to me considering this comeback was planned a long time ago and then delayed for a while. There is no, like, story writer working on creating a cohesive story that intertwines with carefully thought-out marketing like 2 years in advance for a k-pop group, ever. They just do **** because EXO and BTS demonstrated to marketing execs that fans enjoy a bunch of bullshit symbolism in music videos. I would be willing to put money on it :emofish:

Just now, New Edition said:

Watching the Gidle teasers, the aespa teaser, the new nmixx paxxword video....like ALL these companies are forcing their girl groups to pivot to Y2K. Does any one of these labels have a single creative and original bone in their body?

 

Like next, some gg will have a hit and everyone will chase that trend like I hate that aspect of kpop

Well to answer you: no but at the same time you (koria too) let things like 28 reasons flop

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Huh? The lyric that brings the dance break to the bridge in “Girls” is “NAEVIS on the real MY world.” We knew they’d be in the real world this era and they’d meet NAEVIS. The pre-release is so on-the nose with the title “Welcome to MY World (feat. NAEVIS).”

 

And it’s pretty obvious they’re going to have some form of isekai in the music video and the leaks are starting to confirm that. The only thing disappointing is the fashion.

I don't mean to be rude but you have to understand that this is literal nonsense :deadbanana:I, too, could choose to interpret grammatically incorrect gibberish as a post-facto justification for anything.

 

Also, I have no issue with the "real world" concept - frankly, I'm glad they're outside for once. I was complaining about the music. Considering we've already heard the entire mini besides the title track, I think it's a pretty fair criticism.

Just now, katyberry said:

Okay let’s just ignore that user lol

Yeah he's invited to stream Savage EP :dies:

29 minutes ago, Sugden said:

lieterlly none of their titles have dubstep tho

If you listen to the instrumentals both Savage and Girls have dubstep elements and it’s atrocious 

i mean as a my the kwangya stuff was nonsense to me too so don’t mind them pivoting away from it :mandown: makes them more accessible to the gp

28 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

But there is no such thing as their "lore" :rip: I mean this in the nicest way possible but people have to understand that SM's A&R just makes stuff up as they go along for whatever thing they want to try next. They very simply could have put "not being bland" in their lore and it would have made just as much sense.

They explicitly mentioned pivoting to the "real world" in their last title a year ago.

Just now, Pikachu said:

i mean as a my the kwangya stuff was nonsense to me too so don’t mind them pivoting away from it :mandown: makes them more accessible to the gp

That's why I'm conflicted cause obviously the natural aesthetic/we're outdoors is gonna resonate more and Kwangya was obviously nonsense but I liked the music they were doing with it more cause it was weirder :emofish: 

 

Idk, if Spicy is good maybe I'll have to eat my words. It's just kind of disappointing that the long-awaited comeback is a mini we've already heard where the songs aren't as creative as what I was hoping for.

4 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

That's why I'm conflicted cause obviously the natural aesthetic/we're outdoors is gonna resonate more and Kwangya was obviously nonsense but I liked the music they were doing with it more cause it was weirder :emofish: 

 

Idk, if Spicy is good maybe I'll have to eat my words. It's just kind of disappointing that the long-awaited comeback is a mini we've already heard where the songs aren't as creative as what I was hoping for.

same, i hope they maintain some of their hyperpop sound and not pander too much as well. we will see!

I'm just happy aespa have put the pots & pans away for a bit. that **** was dire

 

hope other groups take the hint too

 

kermitxtinamadebyjolie.gif

 

this is a 9/10 that would be 10/10 if it didn't have that stupid Siri voice

 

kermitxtinamadebyjolie.gif

IVE is confirmed as our main vocalists of this gen now with their raw and live vocals 

Honestly though, aespa is disappointing from the standpoint that SM could have done SO much more musically than the likes of Savage and...Girls.

 

This is the music I expected from aespa with their concept:

 

 

 

 

 

Like I guess I was delusional for thinking SM would actually bring something new to Kpop sonically. 

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

Honestly though, aespa is disappointing from the standpoint that SM could have done SO much more musically than the likes of Savage and...Girls.

 

Like I guess I was delusional for thinking SM would actually bring something new to Kpop sonically. 

y'all put so much faith in an organization that until like 6 weeks ago didn't even know if they were still a company or not

 

kermitxtinamadebyjolie.gif

Just heard Spicy and it sounded very fun and catchy!

 

I was confused why they left out Yolo and Hot Air Balloon, but after listening to Spicy teaser I realized that they really aren't needed because Spicy sounds a lot like those 2 songs. 

Those sales are there to raise their investor confidence and making sure kakao will buy them out Hopefully police will look at it while they are at it

If math is not mathing :jonnycat: You don’t hear this from me

1 hour ago, jorjapuss said:

Gangnam style went viral as a gag or a joke, Cupid went viral because its a good song and everyone actually like the song. That’s the difference. 

Hey, in the era of LMFAO, "Gangnam Style" was a good song, too!

 

:cm:

barely anybody went to nmixx's fanmeet and you are telling me they sold 800k for their latest album?

 

jyp need to stop wasting money for this flop group

10 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

:foxaylove:

 

 

No dance break confirmed :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

They look beautiful but literally nothing else about this Aespa era excites me :sad: I liked them a lot until the Girls fiasco. I feel like SM saw the reception that comeback got and pivoted too hard in the other direction. People just wanted a good song, not for them to completely abandon their style and aesthetic.

I feel you girl, i really like their kwangya ai game concept and image so much so i was kinda sad they kinda toning it down a bit but as i said earlier im happy that the girls are given chance to try different concept. 

 

It might be a reach but i kinda feel like SM will let all the kwangnya lore to naevis,  thats why they are separating her from aespa and making her the only one that will have kwangnya concept i fear and aespa will be free in the real world and will probably slowly pivoting away from kwangya concept..   :noparty:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.