Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

Like the disrespect to Miss Jurin :biblio:

 

No SKZ are going to headline Lollapalooza Paris in July while TXT are headlining Lollapalooza Chicago in August

FnT3S1pWQAAJC0J?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

 

 

 

ITZY and aespa are still on the same level for now no matter how much MYs are trying to deny it :coffee2:

 

 

Good for them but then that makes them simultaneously the first artists to headline.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Mind you, THIS is what's being compared to aespa :rip: 

Image

Image

Image

Image

Edited by katyberry

59 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

 

Which Kpop GG is going to rip this off first?:rip:
 

I could see Aespa, ITZY or NJ doing it lol. 

The answer is Taeyeon and I’m here for it 

It's always Danielle recreating the memes :dies: she also did that "naurr" one a while back

 

1 hour ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

 

Which Kpop GG is going to rip this off first?:rip:
 

I could see Aespa, ITZY or NJ doing it lol. 

Well not a ripoff because they came out around the same time but this is basicalle the 3rd lost b-side from NJ's OMG album, same sound palette, same old school southern club music :alexz3:  

Everyone at hybe who has gotten that horrendous beak nose are all hot DESPITE the nosejob, not because of it. A true testament to how hot everyone is in that conglomerate. 

28 minutes ago, newaespa said:

without any Japanese debut

 

how about itzy? :heart: 

Forget Itzy, some allegedly #1 GGs were struggling to do arenas there after a full on Japanese debut while their labelmates were hitting up certain stadiums several times per year. Not everybody can have the real fanbase and organic demand outside of SEA of aespa. :bunny:

Edited by Century

This video/dance cover saved Loona back in the day 

 

 

Not it being one of the all time most played videos on Twitter 

2 hours ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

 

Which Kpop GG is going to rip this off first?:rip:
 

I could see Aespa, ITZY or NJ doing it lol. 

Stayc :gaygacat5:
 

Itzy this Itzy that. Y’all be saying they have fallen off since 2020 

1 hour ago, newaespa said:

without any Japanese debut

 

how about itzy? :heart: 

Slay adspa queens

 

I need another Wendy album. Even if I found Like Water (song) boring, When This Rain Stops is one of my favorite 3rd gen solo songs

I have a question, why doesn't Blackpink have their own base topic/thread? I can understand the need for this for the rest of the groups because they're unpopular, but that's not fair for Blackpink. We should get a mod on this imo.

5 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Don't forget Enhypen :fish2:

Isn't that TXT 🤔  are you trying to manifest Stray Kids into replacing TXT?

Enhypen are definitely the third biggest and behind both SKZ and TXT in terms of 4th gen bgs for now. 

 

Also no one are gonna get replaced every group can be coexist with each other.

6 hours ago, katyberry said:

Good for mamamoo but can they even fill this up? 

 

The concerts will only have 9-10k capacity each but even then I'm not sure if they can fill. They don't always have to. Most people think the group disbanded and it can work against them. Happy to be proven wrong though.

1 hour ago, Century said:

Forget Itzy, some allegedly #1 GGs were struggling to do arenas there after a full on Japanese debut while their labelmates were hitting up certain stadiums several times per year. Not everybody can have the real fanbase and organic demand outside of SEA of aespa. :bunny:

Which group is this? I really want to know.

5 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

HYPE girls really are running the industry aren’t they 

 

StarCheap will somehow **** up IVE’s career sooner or later

 

but HYPE are sure running a tight ship

 

Yg should be very scared / SM already out the race aespa peaked with next level / JYP is totally drunk and on CRACK for what Itzy and Twice and UnMixxed are releasing

 

:swan:

It's true I fear, only a matter of time.

This thread loved to call Lisa « Laloser »  but she debuted with more daily uls than Korean It boy Chimin :bibliahh:

Edited by Adama

5 hours ago, Sept said:

Not a canvas :skull: Companies are truly selling souvenirs now not albums

The album cover is like a canvas I think. It's not being sold seperately.

Edited by Get

24 minutes ago, ejo said:

I have a question, why doesn't Blackpink have their own base topic/thread? I can understand the need for this for the rest of the groups because they're unpopular, but that's not fair for Blackpink. We should get a mod on this imo.

They do I was the one who created it but handed the OP to another member 

Edited by Josh

4 hours ago, newaespa said:

aespa doing a tour with way bigger venue, without any cb

 

the demand for aespa compared to itzy :eek:

Aespa is only touring Japan now. When they tour in SEA and North America, I don't think the venues will be that different to Itzy's tour venues. And Itzy haven't properly toured Japan yet, they will likely have a proper japanese tour after their first japanese album. They only had one japanese city where they performed 2 days as part of this world tour. I feel JYPE is usually a bit conservative with their tours compared to SM or YG, that's why I was surprised when I looked at Twice's new tour venues. I still think they're overestimating the demand, they don't have to fill every venue though.

 

I do think at this point Aespa is bigger than Itzy in Japan though.

6 minutes ago, Get said:

Aespa is only touring Japan now. When they tour in SEA and North America, I don't think the venues will be that different to Itzy's tour venues. And Itzy haven't properly toured Japan yet, they will likely have a proper japanese tour after their first japanese album. They only had one japanese city where they performed 2 days as part of this world tour. I feel JYPE is usually a bit conservative with their tours compared to SM or YG, that's why I was surprised when I looked at Twice's new tour venues. I still think they're overestimating the demand, they don't have to fill every venue though.

 

I do think at this point Aespa is bigger than Itzy in Japan though.

aespa already had more attendees in America than Itzy in LA, back when their discography was a grand total of 10 songs, on next to zero notice.

 

If aespa is able to recapture their hype from the savage/girls era, they'll be doing a mix of arenas and theaters in NA, dont know about SEA but nobody was bragging about that until a certain group flopped in Japan for years and also couldn't manage being more popular than Twice in the US after buying collabs with every American mpg. It's not a hugely developed music market.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.