Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

General & Casual Politics Thread

Featured Replies

I guess I'll post my thoughts here. I left my undergraduate studies a liberal and left my graduate studies not liking politics. Almost every graduate professor told us they hated politics, and I graduated from both a culturally liberal (both professors & students) university & and culturally conservative (mostly students) university.

 

I was surprised to see in the liberal university our college dean get fired for being too ultra leftist. I believe based on things I heard was that his views were too unrealistic, meaning they would never happen in the real world and all he did was be more of a political preacher instead of a solution finder. 

 

Anyways, I have a lot of the empirical papers they made us read, but I'll probably won't read them again anytime soon because after 8 years I got tired of reading. I do remember a really good one that defends a theory that capitalism and socialism are imbedded in our genes and societies must learn to balance these two types of hierarchical systems in order stay in a sort of an economic homeostasis.

 

 

Edited by RudySetGo

  • Replies 924
  • Views 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Smarticle
    Smarticle

  • Vermillion
    Vermillion

  • Veckatimest
    Veckatimest

    There were also allegedly 3 bomb threats at an elementary school in Tulsa, OK recently due to a TikTok shared by the new Oklahoma State Superintendent which went something along the lines of a school

I went to the 'Jewish' sub reddit, and seeing them all shutter and whine about the fact Zohran will win the NYC mayorship and how they 'won't feel safe' I hope they all seethe. Love seeing the Zionists cry. :ahh: 

Edited by Mezik

  • 3 weeks later...

Soo.... is same sex getting overturned? They agreed to hear the case, right?

On 10/17/2025 at 8:46 PM, Mezik said:

I went to the 'Jewish' sub reddit, and seeing them all shutter and whine about the fact Zohran will win the NYC mayorship and how they 'won't feel safe' I hope they all seethe. Love seeing the Zionists cry. :ahh: 

This is insanely antisemitic. It's like saying I'm happy black people are worried that Trump was elected. Not all Jewish people are Zionists which I'm sure you willfully choose to ignore.  

47 minutes ago, NYCMusicBox said:

This is insanely antisemitic. It's like saying I'm happy black people are worried that Trump was elected. Not all Jewish people are Zionists which I'm sure you willfully choose to ignore.  

Nah, it's insanely racist and stupid to think Zohran is going to make NYC less safe for Jewish people. Zionists can seethe, and I can care less about their feelings or their perpetual victim mentality.

Also comparing a black person's legitimate concern of Trump being president, to a Zionists racist and uneducated concern about Mamdani. :ace: 

 

Comparing the two just shows you're not willing to argue in good faith.

12 hours ago, Mezik said:

Also comparing a black person's legitimate concern of Trump being president, to a Zionists racist and uneducated concern about Mamdani. :ace: 

 

Comparing the two just shows you're not willing to argue in good faith.

Mamdani has left enough breadcrumbs to fuel the anti-semites. He refuses to directly denounce the "globalize the intifada" phrase and is funded by and aligned with folks like Linda Sarsour, who actually lives in my home neighborhood and who I know all too well as a terrorist sympathizer. 
 

We can also look across the pond to London re: crime and quality of life and see what has happened under their mayor who shares many of Mamdani's philosophies. Obviously it isn't fair to say nyc will suffer the same fate but it's important to highlight the similarities and read the tea leaves. 

38 minutes ago, NYCMusicBox said:

Mamdani has left enough breadcrumbs to fuel the anti-semites. He refuses to directly denounce the "globalize the intifada" phrase and is funded by and aligned with folks like Linda Sarsour, who actually lives in my home neighborhood and who I know all too well as a terrorist sympathizer. 
 

We can also look across the pond to London re: crime and quality of life and see what has happened under their mayor who shares many of Mamdani's philosophies. Obviously it isn't fair to say nyc will suffer the same fate but it's important to highlight the similarities and read the tea leaves. 

Sorry, I don't feel sympathy for Zionists racists who think Mamdani is a threat or danger - when he's said nothing other than he'd protect (real) Jewish peoples interests. :michael: 

 

Zionists are not the victims, and they need to stop constantly pretending they are.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vermillion said:

 

The tweet he was quoting didn't show up in the embed for some reason, but it was this

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm cackling. I'm studying American History in depth for the first time. Chile- tell me why I had no idea Hilary won the popular vote against Obama in the 2008 Democratic Primaries. Whew- I know she's PISSED!

Edited by Fleahive

AP News
No image preview

Saudi Arabia bombs Yemen over shipment of weapons for sep...

Saudi Arabia says it bombed Yemen's port city of Mukalla over a shipment of weapons for a separatist force there that arrived from the United Arab Emirates.

Saudi Arabia bombs Yemen over shipment of weapons for separatists that arrived from UAE

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia bombed Yemen's port city of Mukalla on Tuesday over what it described as a shipment of weapons for a separatist force there that arrived from the United Arab Emirates. The UAE did not immediately acknowledge the strike.

The attack signals a new escalation in tensions between the kingdom and the separatist forces of the Southern Transitional Council, which is backed by the Emirates. It also further strains ties between Riyadh and Abu Dhabi, which had been backing competing sides in Yemen's decadelong war against the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels amid a moment of unease across the wider Red Sea region.



AP News
No image preview

Protests erupt in Iran over currency's plunge to record low

Iran is seeing its biggest protests in three years after the currency plunged to a record low against the dollar. The Central Bank governor resigned on Monday.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's largest protests in three years erupted Monday after the country's currency plummeted to a record low against the U.S. dollar, and the head of the Central Bank resigned.

State TV reported the resignation of Mohammad Reza Farzin, while traders and shopkeepers rallied in Saadi Street in downtown Tehran as well as in the Shush neighborhood near Tehran's main Grand Bazaar. Merchants at the market played a crucial role in the 1979 Islamic Revolution that ousted the monarchy and brought Islamists to power.


Reuters
No image preview

China fires rockets towards Taiwan in war games simulatin...

The war games began 11 days after the U.S. announced a record $11.1 billion arms package to Taiwan.

China fires rockets towards Taiwan in war games simulating blockade

TAIPEI/BEIJING, Dec 30 (Reuters) - China fired rockets toward Taiwan on Tuesday and deployed new amphibious assault ships alongside bomber aircraft and warships to encircle the island on the second day of its most extensive war games aimed at rehearsing a blockade.

Map showing five zones around Taiwan marked by China for December 30 military drills, and past drill areas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.