Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

General & Casual Politics Thread

Featured Replies

someone pray for us spanish people because far-right is winning this sunday :chick3:

  • Replies 924
  • Views 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Smarticle
    Smarticle

  • Vermillion
    Vermillion

  • Veckatimest
    Veckatimest

    There were also allegedly 3 bomb threats at an elementary school in Tulsa, OK recently due to a TikTok shared by the new Oklahoma State Superintendent which went something along the lines of a school

  • Author

@ClashAndBurn The local press here in the Shenandoah Valley had been intense on the project up until a few months ago.

 

It’s opponents fought hard for years but as someone that’s followed this pretty closely, the writing was on the wall with Biden’s capitulation to Manchin’s insisted language to get through other economic packages.

 

It’s gross. But, we’ve already had the debate here on me not voting third party we don’t have to revisit. I’m sad and exhausted.

So surprised to see no one on ATRL talking about the absolute mess going on in Niger/proximal countries right now... 

  • Author
15 hours ago, Phantom said:

So surprised to see no one on ATRL talking about the absolute mess going on in Niger/proximal countries right now... 

Oh I've been following it. I've been following the Hindu-Muslim riots in India more though. Both are very involved.

 

I could post about both here extensively but no one really posts here much in this collective thread.

 

You're welcome to post your own on that subject - I've got too much to get through on the U.S. situation.

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

 

Really weird having heard of PragerU for years because of their shitty videos of "Frederick Douglass" decrying abolitionists (as an analog for BLM) as crazy radicals, and now they're getting mainstream attention because DeSantis is implementing them statewide as an education tool. How bleak and disgusting.

 

But the REAL problem is the Left and the Gravel Institute though, of course~

  • Author
2 hours ago, Aramis said:

RIP Argentina.

Yeah no kidding. I've got nothing to say as I've haven't followed it closely enough. Good luck if you're a resident.

 

 

Breaking Points did an analysis of the working class appeal of the industry plant country song that’s probably going to be blocking Taylor Swift on the Hot 100 and I- I can’t :rip: 

  • Author
8 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Breaking Points did an analysis of the working class appeal of the industry plant country song that’s probably going to be blocking Taylor Swift on the Hot 100 and I- I can’t :rip: 

There's so much to unpack with this and there's a lot in that thread that are actively angry in the people trying to sociologically.

 

But the question I asked over whether there'd be any of this interest if it wasn't a Taylor song he was blocking was never answered. 

5 hours ago, Espresso said:

There's so much to unpack with this and there's a lot in that thread that are actively angry in the people trying to sociologically.

 

But the question I asked over whether there'd be any of this interest if it wasn't a Taylor song he was blocking was never answered. 

Resentment and hatred of the governing class is driving the success of that song, and honestly with how people’s quality of life has gone down tremendously under Joe Biden’s presidency, with zero hope for a better future, it’s not hard to see why.

 

There is no online left presence to counter the growing radicalization to the right either. Bernie’s loss and total capitulation to Biden just killed the entire movement. The neoliberals got what they wanted: a docile left that is too disorganized to fight back against not just them, but the far right as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.