Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Has Nicki Minaj's "comeback" been successful?

Well? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Well?

    • Seems successful!
      9%
    • Seems successful for her standards!
      12%
    • Seems quite concerning.
      12%
    • Seems like back to back flopping.
      64%
    • Other.
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Nicki Minaj has released 4 songs this year after a long-ish hiatus. The following are her chart runs (stats taken from acharts.co):

 

I. DWHAP

#2 -> #32 -> #44 -> #50 somethingCurrently in the 70s

-Biggest drop from #2 apparently :dancehall2:

 

II. Bussin

#20 -> #72 (:deadbanana2:) -> #92 -> OUT

 

III. Blick Block

#37 -> #87 -> OUT -> #95 -> ?

 

IV. We Go Up

#58 -> OUT

 

Judging by this information what do you think about the success of Miss Onika Tanya Maraj Petty's musical endeavors thus far? Vote!

 

cassie.thumb.gif.c3e6fbdfd051b783ef4fbd3

Edited by Phantom

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flop after flop

 

She had her 15 minutes of fame, but she's been surpassed by every metric by the new girls. Acclaim, Grammys, success. Everything.

The big drops are concerning and that new billboard rule is only gonna make it worse for miss petty 

She still has a rabid fanbase but seems like they are slowly disappearing too. She seems to be mimicking more of a late-stage Lil' Kim career shift right now. 

I’m curious as to how long Republic is going to let her keep playing the ‘wait until I have a hit’ game because her commercial power dwindles more and more every year and the charts are dead as hell and she still can’t get any traction. The jig has to be up at some point and you need to lie in the bed you’ve made.

I don't know a single song mentionned in the OP. That's enough to guess my answer.

She’s really over, oh my god. That said, she still has a huge online presence. TikTok loves her and she’s always going viral on Twitter (for better, or for worse), so culturally she’s still relevant and I would still consider her to be a big celebrity. Music-wise, I think it’s safe to say her days being a global superstar are over. She should be entering the phase of an artists career where they can finally focus purely on art and not charts (since she doesn’t chart anymore + she has the money and safety net to do passion projects without worrying about sales and such). But I guess she refuses to move on and still wants quick hits.

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

Her commercial viability is interesting. I feel like rappers can always come back if they find the right song but her ear for hits is pretty bad so I'm not sure. Her solo material has always felt a bit off so I dont think thats changing anytime soon unfortunately. She should just drop the album(if there is one) and forget about the charts.

3 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Her commercial viability is interesting. I feel like rappers can always come back if they find the right song but her ear for hits is pretty bad so I'm not sure. Her solo material has always felt a bit off so I dont think thats changing anytime soon unfortunately. She should just drop the album(if there is one) and forget about the charts.

You put this so well

5 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Her commercial viability is interesting. I feel like rappers can always come back if they find the right song but her ear for hits is pretty bad so I'm not sure. Her solo material has always felt a bit off so I dont think thats changing anytime soon unfortunately. She should just drop the album(if there is one) and forget about the charts.

But in general why are so many digital artists releasing terrible songs as leads / second singles :deadbanana2:

Chun Li was the right direction but that entire era she shot herself in the foot.

She’s doing fine for a female artist about to turn 40. She’s obviously past her commercial peak but considering what we’ve seen in the past with female artists at a certain point, it could be much worse (not charting at all).

Like..Queen was a bop

the whole era she served!

 

but this? This is a bit horrible

she is serving bland bland

like..anyone can serve this music? it's almost like she even Fell behind or most like Went back! since her previous era was more forward-thinking than this one :huh:

tbh..I am pretty sure that if u put out the Queen singles, they would've done much better than the **** she been putting out

 

Bussin is okay tho

but it still feels like an album track (and it's the Best out of the songs she put out so..)

The music is good I just think the GP has moved on from her and it’s her core fanbase keeping her afloat now. 
 

The GP never cared about Nicki tbh they just acknowledged her because she was the only female rapper doing it for so long. Once Cardi came into the game, Nicki’s career shifted and when Doja debuted it was the final nail into the coffin. 

Edited by CristianGarcia

As a major pop-rap girl, she's flopping. For a 40 year old female artist releasing strictly rap music rn, she's doing fine

 

Nothing she's released yet is hit-worthy besides maybe Blick Blick. Seems like she is sticking to rap and isn't trying to release crossover singles anymore

1 hour ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Her commercial viability is interesting. I feel like rappers can always come back if they find the right song but her ear for hits is pretty bad so I'm not sure. Her solo material has always felt a bit off so I dont think thats changing anytime soon unfortunately. She should just drop the album(if there is one) and forget about the charts.

Agreed.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.