Lizzo - 'Special'

Alex

Love her down didn't want to be negative but Grrls and I Love You ***** give tiktok bait. We better not get an album full of those, I'll be mad

I hope it will serve quality like CILU

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• QueenofCopyPaste

• mlaredoperez

• smoore95GAGA

29 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Ok so is she doing physicals & Vinlys this Friday?? Could she debut at #1??

physical copies of Friday but I have no idea if it will debut at 1. i think she needs over 100k to debut at #1 (because Bad Bunny is at #1 from a few weeks with over 100k weekly).

5 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Im lost

Ok so is she doing physicals & Vinlys this Friday?? Could she debut at #1??

Also what other promo besides Today Show & the release parties is she doing this next days? 

My vinyl just shipped so physicals and vinyl is ready to ship. I got invited to a Lizzo skating event from Amazon Music but they sent the info 30 minutes before the deadline and I saw it later. I think it was last night so I didn't go. :deadbanana2:

mlaredoperez
9 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

Zane Lowe is so annoying:ahh: I’m so pumped for this album I know it’s gonna be so good

This. He never goes deep into talking about the tracks... He only asked her about the intro & IYLM.

8 hours ago, Mellark said:

I got invited to a Lizzo skating event from Amazon Music but they sent the info 30 minutes before the deadline and I saw it later. I think it was last night so I didn't go. :deadbanana2:

i saw some posts from this event but nothing that we had not heard yet. 

The lyrics on this album are so horrible it's hard not to skip some songs, but DAMN Everybody's Gay is a disco classic :jonny5:Naked is great too! And that's it

27 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

The lyrics on this album are so horrible it's hard not to skip some songs, but DAMN Everybody's Gay is a disco classic :jonny5:Naked is great too! And that's it

My exact thoughts - even for Lizzo's lyrical standards a good amount of these songs are intolerable. But Everybody's Gay WHEW. I almost can't believe it's a Lizzo song it's so good :skull: I shouldn't be surprised that EG and ADT - the two best produced songs - are both by the immaculate Ian Kirkpatrick :alexz:

Edited by ahauntingnearu

The album is very polarizing lyricwise. Some songs are great, like About Damn Time, 2 Be Loved, Everybody's Gay, Coldplay and If You Love Me, but the rest is just album filter.

The album is fine. It’s solid but nothing spectacular. There's no Tempo, Jerome, or CILY here to really make me intrigued.

I also think songs like Juice were better at being pop fodder than what's on here, but like it's not a misfire.

Edited by Obsession

Did it leak? I‘m looking forward to it, is it coming out this friday?

3 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

Did it leak? I‘m looking forward to it, is it coming out this friday?

It's out in New Zealand.

hm, ill wait till midnight, no more snippets for me.

glitter cd though :heart:

10 minutes ago, zeta said:

It's out in New Zealand.

Oop so only a few hours left, lets see :duca:

2 Be Loved and Everybody's Gay are superb, I Love You *****, The Sign and Birthday Girl are cute. I do like the sound in general better than her first but yeah the lyrics bring it down a notch. 

I think Break Up Twice is cute! Still on my first listen of the album, still picking my favs, but this is probably on there.

mlaredoperez
2 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

My exact thoughts - even for Lizzo's lyrical standards a good amount of these songs are intolerable. But Everybody's Gay WHEW. I almost can't believe it's a Lizzo song it's so good :skull: I shouldn't be surprised that EG and ADT - the two best produced songs - are both by the immaculate Ian Kirkpatrick :alexz:

Not when 2B Loved is right there.... 

Edited by mlaredoperez

Naked pairs really nicely with Lingerie from CILY. Album one she needs to dress sexy to feel sexy, album two she doesn't need anything to feel sexy and loved :weeps:

2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) is on New Music Friday playlists

Ok so in general, after the first listen, the second half of the album >>>>>

2 Be Loved is the exception to that. After Special, the record really picks up.

Overall on first listen, it's nice but no CILY. I'll need to sit with this a little more though.

i cannot believe how good 2 be loved is :WAP: max martin is BACK after making all that straight boy music :jonny5: 

after my first listen, I love it. it's a big, fun, immaculately-produced pop album. exactly what I was hoping for tbh

the key change in 2 be loved has me on the FLOOR

Edited by ultraviolence.xx