Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

 

:cm:

all of them giving visual. they just need to not release the worst song of all time every comeback 

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

22 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

 

YESSSSSSSSS :jonny: 

I love them on variety shows so much, they are so much fun to watch. Maybe they can do sth like Camping Club of Fin K.L 

Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I know those pre-order announcements are, 100% of the time, without fail, just random numbers that never have anything to do with the actual sales figures after release. Is that not the case? Cause I don't think I've ever seen pre-orders line up with sales. I honestly don't know where these numbers even come from :rip:

 

Also, on a separate but related note, does anyone here believe that SM is even going to manufacture a million copies of a girl group mini in a single printing? With their track record? 

10 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Yeah this one ain't passing the smell test. Having two big hits doesn't necessarily mean you'll sell a million copies in the next comeback. Plenty of girl groups have had hits - WORLD hits and that kind of album sale increase didn't happen.

 

Not to mention aespa's hits are mostly local. Korea loved them, but worldwide their spotify numbers aren't holding up (I'm not sure how illusion is doing though).

 

We've seen companies mediaplay about X album sales pre-order and then go radio silent when the actual numbers come out and fail to reach that initial hype. It's the game and people believe it every time :toofunny2: If NMIXX's numbers can be called into question then aespa's can. And especially boy groups who discount their album/single prices for numbers. They're just getting more and more ridiculous for the sake of competition. 

 

Still I can't wait for the next episode of Navis Fix My Life! :gaycatney2: 

 

 

And another note, where is BP and why have they given up on music? 

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

What a silly take. 80-90% of album sales came from China, Korea itself and Japan anyways and sure Spotify is so relevant there :dies: 

Just now, Blueberry Kisses said:

Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I know those pre-order announcements are, 100% of the time, without fail, just random numbers that never have anything to do with the actual sales figures after release. Is that not the case? Cause I don't think I've ever seen pre-orders line up with sales. I honestly don't know where these numbers even come from :rip:

It's not the case. Back in March, SM reported Red Velvet's pre-orders as 516k for Feel My Rhythm and, once the album was released they went on to sell 560k Hanteo/650k Gaon. 

 

Many companies do pull sajaegi announcements etc but SM pre-order announcement for RV was actually lower than reality. 

 

Considering Savage shipped 600k+ on Gaon, a jump to 1M+ is not farfetched, especially as they have many more versions this time around.

 

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

What a silly take. 80-90% of album sales came from China, Korea itself and Japan anyways and sure Spotify is so relevant there :dies: 

Totally agree. NMIXX have no hits yet and literally busking on the street, but apparently aespa is in the same category as them. 

 

Literally running to say anything at this point :rip:

 

Edited by Zack

10 minutes ago, Sailor Venus said:

:jonny5:

In July, thats less than a month :jonny5:

I'm not sure what I want in terms of concept for their variety show. I equally enjoyed Channel SNSD and Girls For Rest. So I just hope we get some of their usual witty banter and some of their deep talks as well. 

4 minutes ago, Zack said:

Totally agree. NMIXX have no hits yet and literally busking on the street, but apparently aespa is in the same category as them. 

 

Literally running to say anything at this point :rip:

 

IVE went from selling 360k to 650k in just 4 months, what's so unbelievable about Aespa going from 600k to 1M in 9 months with hit after hit? :toofunny2:

 

But let's the haters delulu themselves like how they accused Next Level of having payola :ahh: 

The essays and paragraphs fldhkfjdk it's the ANGER for me. Let it all out OAHs

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

 


 
1M next cb :wanda:

Perr but why do they keep restocking old albums instead of FOL which could have hit 1M already.

 

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

The news is being picked up by major international music websites/magazines now :fan:

 

Edited by Zack

18 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I know those pre-order announcements are, 100% of the time, without fail, just random numbers that never have anything to do with the actual sales figures after release. Is that not the case? Cause I don't think I've ever seen pre-orders line up with sales. I honestly don't know where these numbers even come from :rip:

 

Also, on a separate but related note, does anyone here believe that SM is even going to manufacture a million copies of a girl group mini in a single printing? With their track record? 

Idk about this because SM isnt manufacturing this album WW. Some of the posts say online that Warner is manufacturing the albums in the US, meaning there will be a much higher volume available for the release. 

People really lose their minds over preorder sales. Some of y’all definitely need a life outside. Get some fresh air.

 

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

 

Anyway, Aespa girlies are slaying. I am here for GG getting BG sales and also having the chart success for the songs. Truly serving the superior music. Next Level success truly revived GG.
 

Hopefully the others will follow. 

Just now, Supervillain said:

OH MY ******* GOD CHUNG HA SECOND FULL ALBUM NEXT MONTH GFGFDGDFF

 

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4707302

I hope the album cover is good this time... maybe I'm the only one, but I always remember Querencia worse than it actually is because of its cover. :skull:

1 minute ago, Axel. said:

I hope the album cover is good this time... maybe I'm the only one, but I always remember Querencia worse than it actually is because of its cover. :skull:

I actually loved the Querencia photoshoot and album cover tbh :jonny: It was bizarre at first but really grew over the months

3 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Idk about this because SM isnt manufacturing this album WW. Some of the posts say online that Warner is manufacturing the albums in the US, meaning there will be a much higher volume available for the release. 

Ah well that's different then. I don't really follow the sales/shipping aspect of the industry but if they have a global distribution deal and not just an American one then they're probably all set. 

 

20 minutes ago, Zack said:

It's not the case. Back in March, SM reported Red Velvet's pre-orders as 516k for Feel My Rhythm and, once the album was released they went on to sell 560k Hanteo/650k Gaon. 

 

Many companies do pull sajaegi announcements etc but SM pre-order announcement for RV was actually lower than reality. 

 

Considering Savage shipped 600k+ on Gaon, a jump to 1M+ is not farfetched, especially as they have many more versions this time around.

 

Ohhhh well in that case good for them! And for RV cause I knew their sales improved but 600k is crazy. It's just such a huge milestone I was inclined to believe SM was just media playing.

I couldn't care less about aespa, but it was obvious their sales will increase a lot after a year, I mean... IVE just sold 650k with Love Dive, I don't know why all of you are so surprised. 

12 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Idk about this because SM isnt manufacturing this album WW. Some of the posts say online that Warner is manufacturing the albums in the US, meaning there will be a much higher volume available for the release. 

If that's true it won't count for Gaon. BTS and BP albums are all produced in Korea and then shipped. Except some Lalisa copies cause her Hanteo sales are bigger than Gaon but that's just a theory by fans. 

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

The way Aespa gets the girls so mad is hilarious :rip: The way there were essays on how Next Level was also sajaegi because it’s success “didn’t make sense” :ahh: 

3 minutes ago, rzal said:

If that's true it won't count for Gaon. BTS and BP albums are all produced in Korea and then shipped. Except some Lalisa copies cause her Hanteo sales are bigger than Gaon but that's just a theory by fans. 

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

It looks like they're aiming for a high Billboard debut instead then :biggrin:

https://www.target.com/p/aespa-girls-the-2nd-mini-album-target-exclusive-cd-digipak/-/A-86908544#lnk=sametab

 

aespa - Girls - The 2nd Mini Album (Target exclusive, CD) (digipak)

Origin: Made in the USA
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.