Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Hazy said:

yes, I agree, yg struck gold with them

 

did you read their latest interview with the RS? Jennie literally complained that she would have a hard 2 years although they had such a long break :deadbanana4:

 

Lisa and Rose are basically doing their thing and maybe the latter is the one that possible have the biggest issues with their music schedules 

 

Jisoo wants to be an actress and she isn’t even sure if she wants to release a solo, so it’s very telling 

 

they are doing just fine and as I said, it’s most frustrating from the fan perspective, especially k-pop fan, but in the western reality such break isn’t anything groundbreaking - see Lorde or Adele for example, even Dua Lipa has longer cycle, although she’s promoting hard, as she still has to establish herself

 

now BP will start their cycle and as we know the tour will follow their comeback, so we will have a lot of content soon 

 

 

It’s insane that SM manages to promote their groups well WHILE also letting the visuals get acting gigs. YG just sucks. Jisoo should be able to do both

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

8 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

there were stock issues sis with THE ALBUM :biblio:

fans literally have to drive miles and miles just to get their album, where were you when fans were complaining about stock issues :biblio:

I suppose it depends on the country then, there weren’t any problems with that in my flop country

 

and I preordered it from one of the local kpop online stores and it came right after the premiere - I suppose they preorder it from ktown or official website, but they had it in stock 

 

also turned out I didn’t need to preorder it since the version which I ordered was available in every online music store upon the release 

3 minutes ago, Narima said:

 

Jiheon wrote the lyrics for the 1st song, yass :jonnycat:

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It’s insane that SM manages to promote their groups well WHILE also letting the visuals get acting gigs. YG just sucks. Jisoo should be able to do both

I agree, but I think they just try to mantain that „exclusivity” factor 

 

Jisoo got leading acting role and the drama was supposed to be a huge hit and that was her first acting attempt, too bad that it turned out to be scandalous 

 

they won’t allow her to take any gig where she won’t be the centre, that’s the strong part of their image 

18 minutes ago, Narima said:

 

Slay With Me hit of the summer

 

KLtxGC1.gif

2 hours ago, Pinter said:

 

Classy top 10 :clap3:

NMIXX future million sellers 

 

sUWK5pC.gif

The way someone said aespa would sell a million copies in the future back when black mamba came out and everyone laughed at them :deadbanana2:

I wonder if aespa will ever be able to top this masterpiece of a teaser

 

 

aespa on Twitter: "aespa 에스파 〖Savage〗 환각 퀘스트 (2) Hallucination Quest (2) ➫  2021.10.05 6PM KST #KARINA #카리나 #aespa #æspa #에스파 #Savage #환각퀘스트  #HallucinationQuest https://t.co/oFJLEKGHlY" / Twitter

 

I literally had this photo as a poster in my room :deadbanana: it's THAT good

45 minutes ago, Hazy said:

I agree, but I think they just try to mantain that „exclusivity” factor 

 

Jisoo got leading acting role and the drama was supposed to be a huge hit and that was her first acting attempt, too bad that it turned out to be scandalous 

 

they won’t allow her to take any gig where she won’t be the centre, that’s the strong part of their image 

I mean SM is the same. Their visuals essentially only get leading roles. It’s also a point of criticism from netizens that many popular idols even if visuals start only with leading roles

I wonder if BP are gonna finally serve an English single. Surely YG has seen the success of Dynamite it would be great for them seeing how much those singles have done for BTS and Twice.

 

Wait nvm there’s Ice Cream :rip: the failure.

Edited by Cotton

3 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I wonder if BP are gonna finally serve an English single. Surely YG has seen the success of Dynamite it would be great for them seeing how much those singles have done for BTS and Twice.

 

Wait nvm there’s Ice Cream :rip: the failure.

They came out at the same time. I remember the fanwars. :bibliahh:

36 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I wonder if BP are gonna finally serve an English single. Surely YG has seen the success of Dynamite it would be great for them seeing how much those singles have done for BTS and Twice.

 

Wait nvm there’s Ice Cream :rip: the failure.

I don't think Ice Cream counts, it wasn't fully in english. Same reason why Mic Drop doesn't count for BTS.

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

Pop culture in the West is dying, which is why you see more people switching to Kpop recently like I did. Kpop is just more exciting with all these different groups and competition, and all the extra materials there are in the industry compared to the West. 

Pop culture in the west is not dying :rip: Media consumption is just different. Oneus can outsell Katy Perry, but that doesn’t make Oneus relevant in pop culture. 

1 minute ago, New Edition said:

7Z9B3Zo.jpeg

V continuing to be the only one that looks good in this group. I applaud JK for trying to have an ugly leather pants moment ala Crystal Kung Minkoff though. 

1 minute ago, MAKSIM said:

JK continuing to be the only one that looks good in this group.

:clap3:

5 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

V continuing to be the only one that looks good in this group. I applaud JK for trying to have an ugly leather pants moment ala Crystal Kung Minkoff though. 

JK is cute though 

7 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The Kings just released this 20 minutes ago!

They are already trending worldwide and the MV has already 170K views! :clap3:And they did with just a Japanese comeback :clap3:

 

This looks cheap as hell. Serving Degrassi promo circa 2010. 

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

Putting aside bulk buying which is a different thing, it's the collectors element with K-pop albums. They're such a nice physical object and they come with additions like stickers, photocards, posters etc. Meanwhile physical albums in the west have nothing, so what's the point? I haven't listened to the actual cd of 90% of my K-pop albums


Vinyl is growing every year for the same reason. I happen to collect both so I get it

This. Physical sales were dying at Korea too until SNSD came up with the photocard thing for Oh! and since Kpop industry continued to improve their album packaging and physical sales started to increase again. Their impact. I can’t wait to see the content for their new album.

 

I’m surprised tho the western music company did not follow this trend and produce album with nice packaging and lot of inclusions in the album and make ppl wanted to buy physical album again. Imagine collecting Charlie Puth duckface photocard :cm:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.