Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

SNSD is the only large group ever that needed every member. All killer, no filler :jonny5: 

 

 

The only kpop group that every member matters. 9 visuals, dancers & vocalists. Possibly the highest talent to visual ratio in a group. All 9 members striving as individuals in their respective careers despite the messy & career-ending scandalS too. Kpop best act I believe

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 hours ago, CBC said:

I hope she gives us something new. I haven't tuned in since Noir cuz it's all been pretty much the same imo :michael:

The narrative yall have created that Sunmi hasn’t evolved is literally some bullshit. 
she has ventured into plenty of areas with different sounds and moods since then. 

 

2 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

Lalalay was a total departure from her sound and did not deserve the hate, pporappippam wasn’t synthpop retro, Tail was a throwback to the sultry 24 Hours vibe without feeling redundant

 

You Can’t Sit With Us felt safe for her even with that camp “rap,” but 1/6 as a mini still felt fresh

 

idk I just don’t get that criticism because she feels pretty varied to me

Yeah people just don’t pay attention. She just always stays true to her ‘Sunmi-pop’ genre that she has developed with some variations in sound here and there enough to feel fresh and varied, compared to let’s say, IU. 

6 hours ago, Zack said:

Jessica has appeared on TV since leaving SM.

But has Stiffany released any music in Korea or promoted on music shows since leaving? No. I wonder why...  :matty:

 

Pitchany Young went to the U.S, and flopped. She was not booked on Broadway, so I don't know where you dreamed that up. She only got casted in a limited run of Chicago in KOREA. Playing at the D-Cube Center.

 

As for lipping, Jessica sings live. Stiffknee was literally caught red handed lipping on music shows, so you need to sit this one out. 

 

Jessica has had successful tour across Asia in actual venues, unlike Screech who could only book random bars and ballrooms in America. 

 

Unlike you, I corroborate everything with facts and receipts. Jessica is obviously more memorable and has staying power or we wouldn't be discussing her right now...would we? :fan:

 

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

Korea’s biggest musical theater productions are still referred to as Broadway. She played a leading role for months. Jaws still can’t sing live which was the point. Lipping one round of promotions vs a whole career are different levels.


Legendfany’s US tour was successful and received positive reviews and media coverage. Her Korean venues were bigger. Unlike Horseica’s payola fueled, local, and short lived solo career, Tiffany took it slow in the US before covid derailed her plans.

 

The only time anybody discusses Jessica after her acting and music and fashion careers all spectacularly failed is in regards to her massive debt, pending lawsuits, or lying fanfiction books that nobody but snsd antis believe a word of. 
 

You’re the ktrl equivalent of the 2 remaining xtina fans on this site. Give it up. Snsd is still a top group and  universally beloved 15 years in. Hefferca is a nobody.

Edited by Century

I don’t know why Jessica fans always paint her as a complete victim. Obviously there were issues and problems caused on both sides. I mean for a majority of your own group to obviously have an issue with you means something was up on your end. And Jessica and Taeyeon were obviously close at one point but Taeyeon started to ice her out and I’m 100% sure it was for a good reason. At least Taeyeon isn’t running around spreading gossip through a book. 

4 minutes ago, montacelo said:

I don’t know why Jessica fans always paint her as a complete victim. Obviously there were issues and problems caused on both sides. I mean for a majority of your own group to obviously have an issue with you means something was up on your end. And Jessica and Taeyeon were obviously close at one point but Taeyeon started to ice her out and I’m 100% sure it was for a good reason. At least Taeyeon isn’t running around spreading gossip through a book. 

It’s very interesting to me how Jessica was so cold and rude all the time that she was named Ice Princess and is now known for committing fraud too. Where by comparison nobody in the entire industry has anything but nice things to say about Taeyeon. 
 

One had a career that tanked.

 

The other is still one of the top idols, serving maybe the most longevity ever seen in kpop.

23 minutes ago, Kety said:

The only kpop group that every member matters. 9 visuals, dancers & vocalists. Possibly the highest talent to visual ratio in a group. All 9 members striving as individuals in their respective careers despite the messy & career-ending scandalS too. Kpop best act I believe

Exactly :jonny: 

The fact that they have 5 main vocalists, a killer dancer + 3 very competent dancers, an acclaimed actress, CF magnets, a national visual, variety show queens, a fashion icon etc.

No other group could replicate their legendary line up :clap3: 

After seeing how Jessica has been acting after she was kicked out of snsd and SM. I truly believe Jessica would be the type to run a illegal scam. Something about how Jessica smoves makes is so snake like . :lakitu:

21 minutes ago, montacelo said:

I don’t know why Jessica fans always paint her as a complete victim. Obviously there were issues and problems caused on both sides. I mean for a majority of your own group to obviously have an issue with you means something was up on your end. And Jessica and Taeyeon were obviously close at one point but Taeyeon started to ice her out and I’m 100% sure it was for a good reason. At least Taeyeon isn’t running around spreading gossip through a book. 

This tbh and that's what bothers me about the wattpad read, it portrays Rachel as this angel yet the others complete trash and no good qualities which is such bs because everyone is both good and bad, we've all done good and bad things.

2 hours ago, IamCY said:

 

Chensus is back :jonny5: but he sounds... different. 

 

the way his children won, getting 10% of his vocal talent would be enough to make them one of the best vocalists ever i fear :alexz:

 

OT: sunmi better come back with a full album :swan:

Edited by hallucinate

7 minutes ago, Zack said:

Screech was casted in a limited run spin off production in Korea, not Broadway, NY.

 

Jessica can obviously sing live which is why SM assigned her as a MAIN vocalist in SNSD and Screechany never was (although she sure as hell tried and burst many eardrums in the process)

 

Pitchany flopped. You really think she'd be back in Korea if she had all this U.S. success that you're claiming. She bombed. Her career in America never got off the ground, besides a small tour of some local bars and ballrooms where the audiences were probably too drunk to know or care who was performing. 

 

Jessica has no pending lawsuits and she's the executive and chief designer of her own multi-million dollar fashion brand. As for music, her solo outpeaked and outsold Tiffany despite IJWD having all the power of SM behind it. That's a massive read.  

 

After flopping in America, Tiffany had to run back to Korea and take a job with SCAMnet just to pay her bills.

 

I have no clue about "xtina" stans or what they do and frankly I don't care. At least they're focusing on something they like. 

 

All I can see is you projecting some extremely odd anger towards a successful woman you don't even know. Pack it up.

 

If SNSD is still so successful, active and a top group, spend your time on them, instead of boiling over in hatred over Jessica who is not going to stop being successful and doing what she wants to do.

 

You'll feel so much better!

 

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

 

These delusions. Stay defending a talentless irrelevant crook. :ahh:
The “potential dance liner” who was notorious for ******* up choreography so simple that Taeyeon can do it.

 

The “main vocal” who lip syncs more than hyoyeon or yoona.

 

The “author” who can’t tell a decent story and needs to resort to lying about snsd.

 

”Actress” who’s physically incapable of displaying emotion because of how disfigured her hideous plastic face is.

 

“Celebrity” who can’t get any media attention without attacking more successful women or committing fraud with her boyfriend. 
 

You live in your own universe I’m done. :ahh:

Edited by Century

Please, I'm kinda screaming with all of these fights as a casual SNSD listener.

 

OT: Gee best song of all time.

10 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way this SNSD fight is STILL going on

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

Spoiler

Ngl seeing sheeps fighting each other is actually entertaining :fan:

 

9 minutes ago, Century said:

”Actress” who’s physically incapable of displaying emotion because of how disfigured her hideous plastic face is.

Okay....You lost me here. I can't engage with someone who is so readily willing to resort to misogynistic and disgusting comments like this. 

 

Attacking someone's bad dancing, singing voice or ability to stay on pitch can be a kii and is fair game, but calling someone "disfigured" and "hideous" is beyond reproach. 

 

 I'll just leave you to fume and rant in a corner because to be honest this is exactly why I never even mentioned the book here in the first place.

 

There's always someone who doesn't know how to keep it cute and takes it way too far. Plus, I'm sure (like me) everyone else wants the thread back to normal. 

 

OT: Hope you bought your copy of Bright :heart2:

 

LOKxcHp.gif

 

Edited by Zack

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:
  Hide contents

Ngl seeing sheeps fighting each other is actually entertaining :fan:

 

A nice change from them usually inserting their faves into other artists conversations I must say

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

14 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way this SNSD fight is STILL going on

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

Lasted longer than Jessica's song at #1 on melon:giraffe:

When you aren’t involved into this mess it’s so entertaining 

 

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

1 hour ago, Zack said:

The book basically supports what everyone already suspected/knew...that:

 

1. SM didn't have a problem with her fashion business in the beginning

2. However some members did/were jealous and went to SM and said "kick her or we won't perform" 

3. SM was forced to side with those members and told Jessica she had to leave

4. SM blacklisted Jessica in revenge for her Weibo post on the night she was kicked

5. The members cut her out and never contacted her again

 

There's other things too but these parts are causing the most drama even though C-Netz already knew all this since 2014, which is why Jessica remains popular/big fanbase in China. 

 

If anything she herself confirmed she let her personal life/activities affect the group activities and not in a good way and she didn't put the group at top priority like you delusional stans always said :rip:

Comparing other members'solo activities is stupid and shows how jealous she was because others did it with permission of SM as well as the group.

Meanwhile her so-called bussiness and boyfriend and personal life were ruining the group's image 

Remerber when she was drunk and fall into a garbage bag and let Yoona and Taeyeon got all the criticism :rip:

And they never said a word about it.

unlike her who is so pathetic and keeps milking a decade old scandal.

She' literally exposed how greeding and selfish she is with that tragic teenfic :rip:

 

CnNibdf.jpg

 

Edited by OrionHwang
.

4 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Lasted longer than Jessica's song at #1 on melon:giraffe:

At least she actually has a Melon #1 song though. Not every solo artist does. 

 

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

 

Edited by Zack

8 minutes ago, Zack said:

Okay....You lost me here. I can't engage with someone who is so readily willing to resort to misogynistic and disgusting comments like this. 

 

Attacking someone's bad dancing, singing voice or ability to stay on pitch can be a kii and is fair game, but calling someone "disfigured" and "hideous" is beyond reproach. 

 

 I'll just leave you to fume and rant in a corner because to be honest this is exactly why I never even mentioned the book here in the first place.

 

There's always someone who doesn't know how to keep it cute and takes it way too far. Plus, I'm sure (like me) everyone else wants the thread back to normal. 

 

OT: Hope you bought your copy of Bright :heart2:

 

LOKxcHp.gif

 

It’s not misogyny to point out how her face is literally frozen. Men can be botched too. :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Wheew Dancing Queen about to give as another Second 

 

DBCD4819-0CBD-4923-9C98-2B11B96C7751.thu

 

Not "It contains human energy":ahh:

 

Why ya’ll so shocked with Ikon sales. Their physical sales were never really good before compared to other 3rd gens like Nu’est, Got7, Monsta X

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.