Normani

URBAN

On 8/3/2022 at 1:33 PM, AFullMoonlight said:

I wish she’d dropped in May like she wanted to. We could’ve got a BET performance and VMA performance. I’m starting to wonder if God really has her like she says he does. 

Girl I SCREAMED. Omfg. BUT REALLY :bibliahh:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

I forgot Fair existed:rip: if you would’ve told me 13 months ago that that would be the only other lead song she released besides Wild Side during that time frame I would’ve quit caring about her career then. Now, I’m just too deeply invested in this woman to ever stop caring. At least she has suspense going for her:deadbanana2:

They annoucing VMA performers. Well, obviously, if she's performing she'll be the last one announced lol

spacer.png

Can’t wait for Twitter Nation to be shocked when she doesn’t get announced despite having nothing to perform.

Deer Popcorn GIF

7 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

They annoucing VMA performers. Well, obviously, if she's performing she'll be the last one announced lol

spacer.png

Brandon's other client Anitta  was one of them. wonder if that is not a good sign for Normani.

There is almost chance she is going to perform :rip: She has no new single out, no new video, and she already performed last year (they typically don't like to repeat performers unless they're A-list stars).

On 8/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, remming said:

:ahh: Nothing about that user reminds me of Normani or her family. They just seem to be a very involved fan. Normani's mom is her best friend and when Camila's album came out her mom was on twitter indirecting the nation calling them mean for trying to drag her low album sales. That user hates Camila and thinks she was plotting on Normani or somethig. That's just a regular stan.

If anything Camila's low album sales should be keeping Normani and her team awake at night. Because those low album sales mean that whatever residual fanbase from Fifth Harmony there was is practically non-existent now.

At the same time, it's just :rip: that Camila went through a whole career arc with a breakout, peak, decline, and floppage over three studio albums before Normani has even released an EP.

Yeah I don’t think Normani has a good chance of booking the VMAs this year with nothing but Fair, a Josh Levi Remix, and a Tinashe co-feature since she performed last. 

Last year she had a top 14 hit with a Cardi assisted video centric single campaign in Wild Side. Hence all the noms this year. 

She seems to be in hiding again, so I’d be surprised if her single comes out properly this month, let alone if we see her on stage at the VMAs.  

Stranger things have happened. If not, I’m just waiting to watch the online backlash against her team this time :eatpopcorn: when Anitta and maybe Chloe  perform two years in a row

Spoiler

while Normani’s career continues decaying in the shadows. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, remming said:

:ahh: Nothing about that user reminds me of Normani or her family. They just seem to be a very involved fan. Normani's mom is her best friend and when Camila's album came out her mom was on twitter indirecting the nation calling them mean for trying to drag her low album sales. That user hates Camila and thinks she was plotting on Normani or somethig. That's just a regular stan.

The gaslighting is never ending. Camila aligned herself with so many anti black “jokes” publicly that we don’t even have to mention her fans covering up those leaks to understand why people don’t like Camila. She obviously thought she was better than Normani specifically which is where those racist jokes came from. When you’ve been conditioned through culture and upbringing to genuinely look down on others, especially other minorities, and always particularly black minorities, you move a certain way. You let your fans repeatedly racially harass the black girl in your group without saying much so you don’t alienate your fans. (Normani spoke about this after the group.) You  privately “plot” a whole solo career in the middle of your group’s album campaign because you just don’t have enough respect for them to be transparent. That’s beside the point now, but to act like people don’t have valid reasons for souring on Camila is bananas. 

19 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Can’t wait for Twitter Nation to be shocked when she doesn’t get announced despite having nothing to perform.

Deer Popcorn GIF

Should be quite interesting. Last year they had a good case. This year ...:eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn:

On 8/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, Getlikemike said:

yeah the nation got bullied into the "begging" narrative by barbs and any other fandom that was ready to bandwagon hate so now they're scared to advocate for normani because of a bunch of comments on the internet. that's like saying protesting is begging. call it what u want but it got results. :gaycat5:

My thoughts exactly 

14 hours ago, Protocol said:

If anything Camila's low album sales should be keeping Normani and her team awake at night. Because those low album sales mean that whatever residual fanbase from Fifth Harmony there was is practically non-existent now.

At the same time, it's just :rip: that Camila went through a whole career arc with a breakout, peak, decline, and floppage over three studio albums before Normani has even released an EP.

Yeah I don't know if Normani and her team cares about Camila's moves at all. I was just making a point that the user is clearly NOT Normani or her family members. It is annoying though we don't have a full body of work from her yet.

7 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Reveal hidden contents

while Normani’s career continues decaying in the shadows. 

The gaslighting is never ending. Camila aligned herself with so many anti black “jokes” publicly that we don’t even have to mention her fans covering up those leaks to understand why people don’t like Camila. She obviously thought she was better than Normani specifically which is where those racist jokes came from. When you’ve been conditioned through culture and upbringing to genuinely look down on others, especially other minorities, and always particularly black minorities, you move a certain way. You let your fans repeatedly racially harass the black girl in your group without saying much so you don’t alienate your fans. (Normani spoke about this after the group.) You  privately “plot” a whole solo career in the middle of your group’s album campaign because you just don’t have enough respect for them to be transparent. That’s beside the point now, but to act like people don’t have valid reasons for souring on Camila is bananas. 

There's no Gaslighting. I don't care how anyone personally feels about Camila's solo career. The point I was making was that you're clearly NOT Normani or anyone in her family. After Camila's album sales came out, the nation was dragging them and her mother came on calling them mean and then when they realized she was trying to defend Camila, some of them tried to attack her. Her tweets are still up so my point is her family and her seem to be over it and you're not so you are clearly not her. You're just an invested stan and interested in finding out what's happening on the business side of Normani's life. 

So she finished shooting the video yesterday.....one month to go for editing. See yall on 12 September:pancake:

Edited by NormaniReign

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Is this what sparked the rumors that the video was just shot? All she did was use a hashtag. Ashanti didn’t even say they just shot it or allude to that in any reply I saw in her comments.

Even if the video is just shot, the trend lately is to a drop song without the video. So, it’s fine and the video would come out a little bit after the VMAs (where she could shut it down with a good performance). That would build more long term momentum and wouldn’t be the worse rollout on Earth. 

Let’s see if they start teasing that something is coming, this week. We need an Andrea tweet badly ( @shelven HELP :eli:). 

Edited by Flare

i been watching "wild side" reaction videos lately and that night i saw the video and my twitter timeline was so iconic... i just want my sister back :dancehall:

Why are you guys saying she just finished the MV? She’s been shooting this video for the past 4 months :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Why are you guys saying she just finished the MV? She’s been shooting this video for the past 4 months :deadbanana4:

the way every single month there's rumors she just finished filming :confused: this video better be something else!!!

saw this on Twitter.Normani at Beyonce party? VMA clue?

Edited by jdanton2

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

:rip:

20 hours ago, istersay said:

she could still release the song first, and video a little later, does it take that long to edit 

Its 2022..youtube is dying. Releasing a video after only works when the song becomes a hit. Normani is a visual artist, thats how she sells herself. She needs every initial view. Releasing Candy Paint alone will be another risk like Fair

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

It was never confirmed, it was always speculations and last time i checked it was Fair if im not mistaken. Ashanti kinda confirmed it with those hashtags

@WheresJay @Modus I know y'all don't check on her but any updates at all??? 

I also think her team was smart not to drop near Renaissance given how much it's crushing it and becoming its own moment. But her radio silence kills me 

On 8/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, jdanton2 said:

saw this on Twitter.Normani at Beyonce party? VMA clue?

doubtful

I hate to give Normani's label any credit but this would have slaughtered Candy Paint on the weekly chart (if it had enough promo to chart in the first place) if she released in lieu of the Calvin song last week

Just like when Motivation was released in August the week before Taylor's album bomb and this happened. 

Of course RCA didn't have enough faith to try to revive it after either.

1 point for RCA. 99 Against them Lol.

Edited by cliche_display

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.