Normani

URBAN

1 minute ago, orange22 said:

Normani doesn’t have a “Location” or a “Latch”

Normani is a slow burn artist. She will be up there. She’s not a Cardi type artist where she’s really hot for atm. She’s on a slow rise to the top. You will see she will get her Location and her own Latch because she’s actually talented 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

"How Do You Sleep?": 834M Spotify / 336M YouTube

How is that not a hit? And that was solo and released around the same time as "Motivation"

Normani needs her stans to stop being delusional. The playing field has changed. The goalpost needs to change as well.

He got a what you call a hit single off the back of DWAS success. Like NBTS with Havana, Lips are Moving after AATB. There’s a reason he doesn’t have a hit single with Wild Side streams for his new era.

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

"Numb", Khalid's last single, has 60M streams on Spotify. "Fair" has 14M...

The stans have got to stop acting like she's Beyonce. It's what's been the biggest problem in her career, this paralyzing fear to do anything unless it's a 'culture reset' because she's supposed to be Beyonce 2.0.

No one is acting like Normani is Beyonce. We are saying, you've got to stop acting like the Chloe's and Tinashe's have the equivalent level of success with someone with billions of streams before an album. 

There are levels.

The collab with Marshmello. You are leaning on the same logic you're using to undermine the thread's subject. :deadbanana4: Khalid's last solo song peaked at 15 on the bubbling under and he hasn't had a Wild Side sized hit in 2 years. Let's not even mention Sam.

13 minutes ago, orange22 said:

DWAS and LL aren’t even in Sam or Khalid’s top 5 on Spotify. Khalid’s last solo single “Skyline” has 38M streams…last time I checked Miss “Fair” she did not. 

Do you have data from Apple Music, iTunes, YouTube, Facebook, and the 60% of non-Spotify music consumption as well? Billboard factors all of that and Skyline spent one week at 15 on the bubbling under. What's more is that no one batted an eye because no one cares about Khalid like that. Last I checked Wild Side is the biggest release by Sam, Khalid, or Normani in the past two years and Normani has only released one video in that period. 

Did you perhaps take a detour into the wrong thread or why is it so trendy to discredit this woman with poor/half-baked logic in her own thread. It's wild 

Edited by cliche_display

7 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Do you have data from Apple Music, iTunes YouTube, Facebook, and the 60% of non-Spotify music consumption as well? Billboard measures all  of that and Skyline spent one week at 15 on the bubbling under. What's more, no one batted an eye because no one cares about Khalid like that. Last I checked Wild Side is the biggest release by Sam, Khalid, or Normani in the past two years and Normani has only released one video in that period. 

Did you perhaps take a detour into the wrong thread or why is it so trendy to discredit this woman with half-baked logic in her own thread. It's wild 

Wild Side isn’t Fair…and it featured Cardi B (who did almost all the promo for the song if I recall correctly)

Edited by orange22

14 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Not you defending those flops. DWAS was literally Sam’s last hit ever. He’s a fad like Khalid.

Khalid and Sam are not doing well and dare I say it, Normani is more of a hot topic culturally without Fair even charting HOWEVER

Sam and Khalid's teams brought the payola to LL and DWAS which is where Normani is weak. 

She would have never gotten the cover of TTH or massive pop radio rotation without their budgets attached. On the flip side, no one would have cared about those songs without her...

2 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Wild Side isn’t Fair…and it featured Cardi B (who did almost all the promo for the song if I recall correctly)

So what are you saying? Normani added no value to songs that she helped go viral? Because you took a detour from trying to make tinashe and chloe her competitors with just a fraction of the commercial success.

At the end of the day here are the facts. Chloe and Tinahse could collaborate with Sam Smith and Khalid today and it won't produce a Love Lies or DWAS sized hit. Deal with it lmao.

19 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Normani doesn’t have a “Location” or a “Latch”

Love Lies was bigger than Location on the Hot 100...

3 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Khalid and Sam are not doing well and dare I say it, Normani is more of a hot topic culturally without Fair even charting HOWEVER

Sam and Khalid's teams brought the payola to LL and DWAS which is where Normani is weak. 

She would have never gotten the cover of TTH or massive pop radio rotation without their budgets attached. On the flip side, no one would have cared about those songs without her...

I like that Normani’s team doesn’t resort to payola bc when it wears off you can tell look at all the payola fueled artists from 2018-2019 like Cardi, Camila, Khalid, Shawn, Billie they fell off -99%. Normani’s career isn’t pushed to the high heavens but she will be a LEGEND and a pop girl that everyone looks up to bc she backs it up even Fair is a good song. She has a good ear for hits. 

Just now, cliche_display said:

So what are you saying? Normani added no value to songs that she helped go viral? Because you took a detour from trying to make tinashe and chloe her competitors with just a fraction of the commercial success.

At the end of the day here are the facts. Chloe and Tinahse could collaborate with Sam Smith and Khalid today and it won't produce a Love Lies or DWAS sized hit. Deal with it lmao.

Normani could collab with Sam Smith and Khalid today and it won’t produce a Love Lies or DWAS sized hit! I don’t know where this holier than thou attitude comes from but it’s not giving what you think it is. 

Normani could collab with Sam Smith and Khalid today and it won’t produce a Love Lies or DWAS sized hit! I don’t know where this holier than thou attitude comes from but it’s not giving what you think it is. 

I agree. Sam and Khalid are not half the topic of discussion that Normani is right now without any current hits. A collab between them would not have the kind luster it did when she was just getting out of Fifth Harmony and impressing people with the amount of opportunities coming her way.

As hard it is to duplicate collaborative success, Normani has done it 4-5 times between Fifth Harmony and her solo career. Give her some credit. Tinashe, Chloe, etc would probably kill to have her stats. That's just it.

If Tinashe and Chloe had duets as big as Normani’s, nobody would be downplaying their part in making those songs hits and their bases would be bragging about it. It’s the way some of you refuse to stop being biased and look at this from an objective standpoint. This goes for both sides of the argument. 

Edited by AFullMoonlight

I agree. Sam and Khalid are not half the topic of discussion that Normani is right now without any current hits. A collab between them would not have the kind luster it did when she was just getting out of Fifth Harmony and impressing people with the amount of opportunities coming her way.

As hard it is to duplicate collaborative success, Normani has done it 4-5 times between Fifth Harmony and her solo career. Give her some credit. Tinashe, Chloe, etc would probably kill to have her stats. That's just it.

Tinashe makes more money from 7/27 than Normani like what are you trying to prove sis?

Just now, AFullMoonlight said:

If Tinashe and Chloe had duets as big as Normani’s, nobody would be downplaying their part in making those songs hits. It’s the way some of you refuse to stop being biased and look at this from an objective standpoint. This goes for both sides of the argument. 

I also want to add I’m not downplaying Normani’s contribution to either song. She’s my favorite part of both :dies: I just don’t think the success was all her. Khalid and Sam have BIG hits and are radio darlings.

Just now, orange22 said:

Tinashe makes more money from 7/27 than Normani like what are you trying to prove sis?

You’ve seen their checks? Are you their accountant? 

Just now, orange22 said:

I also want to add I’m not downplaying Normani’s contribution to either song. She’s my favorite part of both :dies: I just don’t think the success was all her. Khalid and Sam have BIG hits and are radio darlings.

But nobody argued that the success was all her. 

Just now, orange22 said:

Check the writing credits 

Again. Are you their accountant? Did you see the actual Split Sheet? 

Edited by AFullMoonlight

I think it’s dumb to compare them but y’all shouldn’t be in here dissing girls with more consistent output like Tinashe & Chloe :michael:

Just now, orange22 said:

8% publishing on  DWAS is worth more than 100% of Tinashe's last two albums. What now? Lmao

8% publishing on  DWAS is worth more than 100% of Tinashe's last two albums. What now? Lmao

Tinashe has albums. What now? See it’s just not a productive conversation.

I think it’s dumb to compare them but y’all shouldn’t be in here dissing girls with more consistent output like Tinashe & Chloe :michael:

More consistent output and still not even half the success overall. That was the original point someone was making I think

Just now, orange22 said:

Tinashe has albums. What now? See it’s just not a productive conversation.

And they're worth less than Normani's hit singles...that's the point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.