Normani

URBAN

as others have said if they do not take advantage of the VMA's  for the single release and album announcement than Normani's chances of success is over.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

What makes y’all think she’s getting a VMAs slot when we literally had to beg them for one last year?

13 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

What makes y’all think she’s getting a VMAs slot when we literally had to beg them for one last year?

She's nominated three times this year it's much more likely

3 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

I feel like whatever happened last year was much more a problem of her team not getting the slot before hand, but probably could've gotten if the release wasn't so messy. Now, she has 3 noms, she'll be there and there is a new single to be released.

I wish she’d dropped in May like she wanted to. We could’ve got a BET performance and VMA performance. I’m starting to wonder if God really has her like she says he does. 

Wild Side did feel like an album seller to me. At least a 80K Debut.

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I wish she’d dropped in May like she wanted to. We could’ve got a BET performance and VMA performance. I’m starting to wonder if God really has her like she says he does. 

Sister you did not just say that :ahh:

straight-jacket-straight-jacket-girl.gif

Hey @Normani we wanted to remind you that you have THREE nominations and you might have a chance to perform without begging for it if you release a new track! :cm: Just a heads up queen it’s up to you! 

11 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Hey @Normani we wanted to remind you that you have THREE nominations and you might have a chance to perform without begging for it if you release a new track! :cm: Just a heads up queen it’s up to you! 

How did the begging narrative start? Was it Nicki fans? Normani tweeted she was not invited once as a response to Cardi asking, and the next thing you know she was booked and also nominated. 

Anyone else would get kudos for that. It’s amazing how the internet manages to treat her differently. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:00 PM, Flare said:

I’m confused about her presence because she’s still described as of *JUNE* as a VP (of A&R) at Roc Nation. 

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/of-publishing-for-roc-nation-dominique-dunn-accepts-the-news-photo/542672496

Even if you snoop on her Instagram, she’s still at a lot of Roc Nation events this year. She continues to have a good relationship with them which is odd and she played some role with Fair’s rollout. 

Either way, this is all good news because Normani’s main players from her last releases are in formation. Clearly something is going to happen this month. What we don’t know is whether a Candy Paint video is in existence or if Candy Paint is still the single (which some people on twitter are speculating). 

You’re contradicting me over a Getty Images credit? :rip: It’s just an outdated photo credit. I follow her on IG so I remember she left Roc Nation over a year ago. If you need proof you can check her LinkedIn where she lists the end of her tenure at Roc Nation as April 2020. In March of 2021 she incorporated her own business DUNN Proper Inc. 

You made up the part about her attending Roc Nation events this year after finding that Google credit at an industry event. :( 

Anyway, through Dunn Proper Inc, she has remained involved on projects for artists like Normani, Kelly Rowland, and Stargate independently.

There are even write ups about her career departure on Stargate’s website. https://www.laampmusic.com/mentors

Any further questions about any of the factual information I shared feel free to let me know. 

Sorry it took so long to respond    but I tend to ignore my notifications now

Normani has drifted away from a lot of initial business connections Brandon orchestrated 

Her first few post-group publicists, wealth manager, talent agency, she even left her publisher for another one besides Brandon’s “budding” publishing division, which is interesting.  

[Aside: 99 percent of Brandon’s clients leave him within a few years or less. Over a dozen clients have jumped ship: from producers, to artists, to athletes. Some of the names include Trey Young, Bazzi, Dj Mighty Mike, Jacob Banks, Bonnie McKee, Jahkoy, Lauv, and the list goes on]

Of course Keep Cool stepped back as Normani’s active record label since Tunji’s departure for Def Jam and she got shuffled to the main roster. 

Brandon is one of the last business connections left in her original solo circle and I can’t help but wonder what her career would look like if that most important role was filled by someone more dedicated

It would answer a lot of questions if she changed management and suddenly seemed more organized in her career

Part of the problem is that Brandon has always been all over the place. 

25 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

You’re contradicting me over a Getty Images credit? :rip: It’s just an outdated photo credit. I follow her on IG so I remember she left Roc Nation over a year ago. If you need proof you can check her LinkedIn where she lists the end of her tenure at Roc Nation as April 2020. In March of 2021 she incorporated her own business DUNN Proper Inc. 

You made up the part about her attending Roc Nation events this year after finding that Google credit at an industry event. :( 

Anyway, through Dunn Proper Inc, she has remained involved on projects for artists like Normani, Kelly Rowland, and Stargate independently.

There are even write ups about her career departure on Stargate’s website. https://www.laampmusic.com/mentors

Any further questions about any of the factual information I shared feel free to let me know. 

Sorry it took so long to respond    but I tend to ignore my notifications now

Why are you being rude as hell talking about I made up info? Google her, NOTHING pops up that isn’t Roc Nation affiliated. She left years ago, but hasn’t updated any of her contact info and attends their events still (just around her IG tags, she’s at a lot of things still).  She branched off and made her own thing but doesn’t promote it anywhere?

She didn’t even update her PERSONAL FACEBOOK (but she sure as hell updated her profile pic to the most current across socials): https://m.facebook.com/dominique.dunn.9 :deadbanana4:

I will not be responding to your posts anymore. You’re too nasty when you could have easily checked that yourself and saw why anyone would think she’s still affiliated or working with Roc Nation. 

Edited by Flare

2 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

[Aside: 99 percent of Brandon’s clients leave him within a few years or less. Over a dozen clients have jumped ship: from producers, to artists, to athletes. Some of the names include Trey Young, Bazzi, Dj Mighty Mike, Jacob Banks, Bonnie McKee, Jahkoy, Lauv, and the list goes on]

Oh and make no mistakes about it: Anitta is carrying Brandon’s career and not the other way around. She self managed for half a decade until she reached Brazilian superstardom. He has enough connections for Anitta to take advantage of in America but she is the brains power and drive of her operation. See  list above

25 minutes ago, Flare said:

Why are you being rude as hell talking about I made up info? Google her, NOTHING pops up that isn’t Roc Nation affiliated. She left years ago, but hasn’t updated any of her contact info and attends their events still (just around her IG tags, she’s at a lot of things still).  She branched off and made her own thing but doesn’t promote it anywhere?

She didn’t even update her PERSONAL FACEBOOK (but she sure as hell updated her profile pic to the most current across socials): https://m.facebook.com/dominique.dunn.9 :deadbanana4:

I will not be responding to your posts anymore. You’re too nasty when you could have easily checked that yourself and saw why anyone would think she’s still affiliated or working with Roc Nation. 

Nothing I said was rude. I don’t know why you’re being sensitive. I also don’t understand why you’re debating me especially when you don’t have current information and are just clouding the conversation with incomplete Google searches. I indicated that I follow her on IG so I know that she left. When you Google her you get a lot of old pics and outdated credits because, Yes, she worked for Roc Nation for ten years. Until 2020 when she left. She hasn’t posted on her Facebook in over 2 years :rip:. It’s not current. You can easily verify when she incorporated her new business and also check her personal professional account  on LinkedIn where she updated on her career status. She is a former VP by her own tilting as of 2020

I also gave you a link of a write up about Dominque where it confirms her career path. Ive done a lot of work atp to share good information.

Its not like she scrubbed the internet of her ten year professional career with RN. I’m just telling you as a matter of fact she has not been with Roc Nation for the past several years. Again, why are you even debating me? 

Do you not want it to be true or do you not want me to say it. I don’t get it. 

Edited by cliche_display

13 minutes ago, FAN said:

I swear that user IS Normani or a relative. 

... I actually have a very specific skill set. Maybe it’s being misapplied to    entertainment trivia. Lol, think it comes from my former career where I had to scavenge for every bit of  information to do my job properly. 

Just know that when I say something  it’s not coming from nowhere. I could fake being an insider but I’m just a thorough “researcher”. 

2 hours ago, cliche_display said:

How did the begging narrative start? Was it Nicki fans? Normani tweeted she was not invited once as a response to Cardi asking, and the next thing you know she was booked and also nominated. 

Anyone else would get kudos for that. It’s amazing how the internet manages to treat her differently. 

Nation begged for it. 

Are you aware of the multiple quotes option ATRL offers its users? 

24 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Are you aware of the multiple quotes option ATRL offers its users? 

:rip:I read the comments at different times. I'll try to consolidate my replies to you with my unrelated replies to everyone else next time. Lol

24 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Nation begged for it. 

Lol You @ ed Normani without reference to the fans. Fans expressing demand =/= begging in my opinion. Oh well

It's a lose-lose situation because when people get booked who aren't even good performers for dud or payolaed songs no one bats an eye but if it was Normani it would be called "forced". To the contrary, when Normani's fans actually show demand for her and want to see her perform, it's begging. Once again, it's that weird penalty in narrative she pays for everything.

Edited by cliche_display

1 hour ago, FAN said:

I swear that user IS Normani or a relative. 

:ahh: Nothing about that user reminds me of Normani or her family. They just seem to be a very involved fan. Normani's mom is her best friend and when Camila's album came out her mom was on twitter indirecting the nation calling them mean for trying to drag her low album sales. That user hates Camila and thinks she was plotting on Normani or somethig. That's just a regular stan.

38 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

:rip:I read the comments at different times. I'll try to consolidate my replies to you with my unrelated replies to everyone else next time. Lol

Lol You @ ed Normani without reference to the fans. Fans expressing demand =/= begging in my opinion. Oh well

It's a lose-lose situation because when people get booked who aren't even good performers for dud or payolaed songs no one bats an eye but if it was Normani it would be called "forced". To the contrary, when Normani's fans actually show demand for her and want to see her perform, it's begging. Once again, it's that weird penalty in narrative she pays for everything.

I was joking and being sarcastic. I'm in no way penalizing Normani or whatever, I'm literally just playing around as I always do in this thread. Sorry you didn't laugh

That user has reared their ugly head once again in this thread, and they swear they're 'back by popular demand' :deadbanana2::rip:

@Flare@popularmoonlight Don't bother engaging with the Karen of the Nation 

7 hours ago, cliche_display said:

5 hours ago, cliche_display said:

.Fans expressing demand =/= begging in my opinion.

yeah the nation got bullied into the "begging" narrative by barbs and any other fandom that was ready to bandwagon hate so now they're scared to advocate for normani because of a bunch of comments on the internet. that's like saying protesting is begging. call it what u want but it got results. :gaycat5:

2 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

That user has reared their ugly head once again in this thread, and they swear they're 'back by popular demand' :deadbanana2::rip:

@Flare@popularmoonlight Don't bother engaging with the Karen of the Nation 

I didn’t KNOW. :redface:

Lemme avoid this thread until people start acting right. It’s too hostile over nothing going on. Anyways Candy Paint in stores mid to late August :foxaylove2:

19 minutes ago, Flare said:

I didn’t KNOW. :redface:

Lemme avoid this thread until people start acting right. It’s too hostile over nothing going on. Anyways Candy Paint in stores mid to late August :foxaylove2:

You better keep these words Flare I’m trusting you 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.