Normani

URBAN

Gold is a weak track. Glad it was leaked in a full for the fans that wanted it though. DUI needs to join it in the bin imo.

I think everything that has leaked from her was rightfully scrapped. 

And yay for the VMA noms. The only award show that seems to acknowledge her on a consistent basis. I still don’t want to see a repeat of last year. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

Gold :jonny4: I love the song anyway but she sounds just as good as I expected on it. It could have came out around Waves. I get why it was scrapped though. I don’t think I’ve heard a demo from her yet that I was like “that was the wrong call”

Edited by orange22

On 7/19/2022 at 7:49 PM, Flare said:

I’m not either of them but I think August we’ll get some movement happening. I don’t see Normani staying ghost in August. 

Let’s manifest (not beg) for that VMAs debut performance of Candy Paint. It’s what we need to bring things back to life. :boat:

It’s all going according to plan :boat:

AugMani, a yearly tradition :boat:

Ok I’m feeling good lol especially if The vmas is recognizing her she will absolutely be insane to not perform a new single there. Hopefully this comes with an album pre order because if she misses this moment with the Calvin collab and vmas then we’re looking into 2023 with the holiday freeze and girl…

1 hour ago, Flare said:

It’s all going according to plan :boat:

AugMani, a yearly tradition :boat:

I can't believe Flare is actually working for Mani's team now 

celeb news] Jesy Nelson new album delayed due to failure to impress label  bosses - Page 2 - Celebria - ATRL

Gold in HQ just hits SO DIFFERENTLY. Y'all that don't like it in Normani's voice should seriously get your ears checked!!! This song is pure gold :jonny2:  And let me add that R&B songs do not need a 'massive bubblegum chorus' like pop songs do. Wild Side is a clear example of that, strong verses/pre-chorus and then a lil chill chorus. It's perfect for R&B songs. 

These .... days ..... I'm ...... made ..... of gold

celeb news] Jesy Nelson new album delayed due to failure to impress label  bosses - Page 2 - Celebria - ATRL

Very happy that she’s being recognized. I hope that helps reassure her that the work she has put in hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Candy Paint in August.

Pre order in September.

Album in October.

manifesting.

Edited by Jai

6 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Gold in HQ just hits SO DIFFERENTLY. Y'all that don't like it in Normani's voice should seriously get your ears checked!!! This song is pure gold :jonny2:  And let me add that R&B songs do not need a 'massive bubblegum chorus' like pop songs do. Wild Side is a clear example of that, strong verses/pre-chorus and then a lil chill chorus. It's perfect for R&B songs. 

These .... days ..... I'm ...... made ..... of gold

Exactly! Gold was hitting. We can put that back on the album. That sounded a lil more than a demo, it definitely made it on a couple versions of the album tracklist.

Well I guess now she probably won’t struggle like she did last year to get a performance slot… if she has anything to perform by then :deadbanana:

Y’all acting like Gold isn’t a basic heaux is sending me. It didn’t make the cut for a reason luvs. 

cat fiesty GIF

^NNnn right. Also where were y’all when this leaked last year lmao. 

I think we’re just starving cuz it is kinda hitting different 

Here’s to hoping that the Candy Paint video eats up Wild Side. She really has to top herself and I don’t know how she’s going to outdo the rooftop scene but mother has surprised me before. 

Wild Side GIF by Normani

Edited by AFullMoonlight

17 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Here’s to hoping that the Candy Paint video eats up Wild Side. She really has to top herself and I don’t know how she’s going to outdo the rooftop scene but mother has surprised me before. 

Wild Side GIF by Normani

Oh, I'm sure it will shock. I hope we get Motivation with a million dollar budget. She'll serve pure nostalgia with it. 

i can see why gold got scrapped but those high notes were beautiful

4 hours ago, halfhabibi said:

I have a feeling Candy Paint promo will start next week ???? ? @WheresJay @Modus

Fingers crossed!!! It'd be amazing. New To You this Friday, tease new music next week, announce CP on Monday August 8th saying it'll be released Friday the 12th with video. Then everything will literally fall into place because it'd have time to build a bit on Urban and Rhythmic radio before the VMAs on August 28th. 

38 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

Ugh, Gold sounds so good in Normani's voice :jonny4: but I think Jae Stephens made it a tad better with a changes she made. Just glad the song made it to streaming period

The lyric changes and vocal melodies are a lot better on the final version imo 

wild one of the writers didn’t know about this though 

Edited by orange22

On 7/7/2022 at 12:24 PM, Flare said:

Normani is coming back with IG posts first and teasing via captions. The rollout will proceed from there. 

Some magazine shoot is in the works, not sure if it’s cover or just a story. They’re going to start things back up visually to get her social media engagement back up then, music related announcements. 

All according to plan :boat:

EDIT since no one posted it here (and no I’m not saying this particular caption is song lyrics):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgfb7UVvdoa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Flare

53 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Her engagement went to the pits :deadbanana4:

Literally everyone's engagement went to the pits lol That social network is done! I've learned by following Anitta's international rise that Instagram engagement really means nothing for their careers. It's not a determining factor for brand deals etc. 

43 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Literally everyone's engagement went to the pits lol That social network is done! I've learned by following Anitta's international rise that Instagram engagement really means nothing for their careers. It's not a determining factor for brand deals etc. 

It's a good thing she's rising quickly with engaging content on the fast-growing replacement social media sites like TikTok!

Oh wait...

5 hours ago, Camilitau.u said:

Her engagement went to the pits :deadbanana4:

Yes Normani’s Instagram engagement dropped but everyone else’s has too (as @popularmoonlight mentioned). Also, on tiktok I’m seeing engagement has dropped for a lot of people. I think it’s more of a “pandemic is over, back to normal balanced social media consumption with real life” than “omg Normani is over”.

People are just enjoying their summer and decompressing from all that unhealthy amounts of social media consumption due to COVID and lockdowns. I even notice it on my tiktok, I post similar style content and nothing lately has done as well as my winter 2021/2022 posts which was peak Omicron covid wave. :swan:

I also think her not having music out right now is not helping her engagement it was pretty low before wildside came out and then it soared back up. So I think her engagement will be better after candy paint. 

To think, these labels allegedly put all these other artist’s projects on hold in fear of Beysus only for a lame to leak Beysus’ album. Normani could’ve launched an album campaign. It’s not like she was even competition for Bey. 

And did y’all miss the IG drama on Twitter the other day? IG is too busy trying to compete with TikTok. They favor the reels over photos and that’s why people’s engagements are low. People never even see there friends or family in the timeline because of how IG has that set up. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.