STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Normani

URBAN

13 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

apprehensive to say anything bc she changes her mind a lot 

That’s the point yall don’t know anything 😭, nobody knew when she was dropping that album cover nor the magazine drop. Just speculating from these insider pages. 

• Like 2

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

7 minutes ago, Way0faj said:

nobody knew when she was dropping that album cover

@WheresJay lol :rip:

At least she is leaving the house more :deadbanana:. She went to a Pre-Oscar party yesterday.

@wildsidenormani sorry people are being wild in here lol. Have plans mainly stayed the same just with a few weeks shift? We’re just excited to finally get the album and songs

It will never come out. 

It will come out. 

7 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

It will come out. 

When it leaks.

Y'all are losing it it's hilarious

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

why are y’all being so negative omg? 😭

Granted we've been played with many times and I understand a small degree of the impatience, I legit don't get the meltdowns nor the immediate need for instant gratification. 

She's still within a respectable window of the announcement and what's coming next. 

She's literally announced the title and revealed the cover, with a presave link at that. All of which is kind of a miracle given where things have been for the last few years.

In indulging the "she should avoid xyz person" debate, I'd say the ideal scenario would be to announce the single with a 1-2 week window and drop it with the video etc. 

March 22 (I'm down for her leaning into the Camila battle or at the very least not being fussed by it) or April 5 if she wants the coast clear (even narratively speaking).

A single announcement "by" mid-March puts us at the 1-month mark of the album announcement, which IMO is totally fine in terms of a project rollout. Well, the upper limit of "fine" lol. 

I actually like that they've done the rollout differently. Another "single announcement, single release, then....album deets" probably wouldn't fill most with any enthusiasm and would just present as her annual single before disappearing. Announcing the album first shows confidence, instills confidence in the audience, and makes us brace for more. Contrary to the sentiment in here, it all feels fairly well-oiled atm.

Spoiler

I'm also not delusional lol. Khalid announced his album over a year plus ago, put out a pre-save/preorder. Yet both he and the album are nowhere to be seen lol.

So some of the worry here is not totally unwarranted. 

But something "feels" different (postively speaking) this time.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, CozySkin said:

When it leaks.

She has to managers to pay, and as much I don’t buy into the avoiding big artists talk she surely would avoid Ariana (huge supporter) and Beyoncé (huge idol). 

I do think we might get something this month still 

• Like 1

That Rocket song has been leaked in full... hope it was a scrapped song because I don't want anything to leak before its official release during her rollout 

New song is just ok, hope it’s not the lead.

• Like 1

Aw, very cute. I liked it. Hope it’s not on the album tho bc I also don’t stuff from it leaking 

I'm guilty of listening to the leak but for me it's most definitely her best leak 

2 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

"Rocket" isn't on the album 

If she scrapped a song this good I'm scared for what kind of storm this album gonna be. I'm so excited, we're so not ready for what's coming omg :WAP:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noemani said:

If she scrapped a song this good I'm scared for what kind of storm this album gonna be. I'm so excited, we're so not ready for what's coming omg :WAP:

It's not that good. It's quite basic. Her efforts on the album are much more sonically interesting and no I haven't heard the full album but what I do have/what I know, it's better than this 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

It's not that good. It's quite basic. Her efforts on the album are much more sonically interesting and no I haven't heard the full album but what I do have/what I know, it's better than this

That's interesting ! I personally think this is one of best leaked song production wise ( layers, harmonies, adlibs etc.. ). You saying the album is sonically better is exciting. I'm glad she took her time with crafting her debut and discovering her sound.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Do you like what you’ve heard?

Edited by Scorpioojay

17 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I actually like that they've done the rollout differently. Another "single announcement, single release, then....album deets" probably wouldn't fill most with any enthusiasm and would just present as her annual single before disappearing. Announcing the album first shows confidence, instills confidence in the audience, and makes us brace for more. Contrary to the sentiment in here, it all feels fairly well-oiled atm.

I disagree. Announcing that an album is coming - at some point, absolutely, this year, for sure - and then doing nothing for weeks, does nothing than to deflate the hype she built for herself.

Now, whenever she announces the single, she's gotta build new hype, instead of capitalizing off of existing one. This works if you're an established artist with a back catalog that people love and would stream to "get ready" for the new era, but what has the announcement actually done for Normani?

I can see where they trying - she's been out and about more recently in a bid to get/keep her name out there, but I don't see a well-oiled machine that is following a well thought-out masterplan just yet.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, WheresJay said:

I wonder what you are listening to call the newly leaked song basic. I thought it’s interesting too. Quite enjoyed the production and melodies

• Like 1

She's had actual basic songs leak. Rocket would've been a decent album track, but if she has better songs than that on the album, I'm with it. It shows that's she's really been working harder in those studios. Is better than those tracks they were trying to preview.

Though, they seriously need to start promoting more. She didn't film any promotional content for the album yet? They could really play more on the where's the album schtick.

Edited by AFullMoonlight
  • Like 6

Dear admin close this and every other Normani thread.

The album cover reveal was actually for a photo album.

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

It seems a rnb account on tiktok has a cleanier version of Candy Paint. Her team might be testing something out so for everyone that wanted an uptempo single really bad, I would say maybe go and like and share so they can see there is interest in Candy Paint.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.