Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases đź’ż

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Variety wrote an article about Gaga's Harlequin concert:

Quote

I've been on record as being high on Gaga shows in the past, including her Dodger Stadium gig, her Chromatica residency and, especially, her Jazz & Piano shows in Las Vegas — to which the "Harlequin" stuff bears at least superficially a black-sheep-cousin relation. Having seen all those, I'm here to tell you her Belasco performance was utterly bonkers but also one of the best things she's ever done.

https://variety.com/2024/music/concert-reviews/lady-gaga-secret-concert-belasco-harlequin-joker-1236167691/

 

Fraud Phillips really got her working her ass off with these acclaimed performances

giphy.gif

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Some friends invited me to go see JFAD but I don't know if I have the patience to sit through it again

 

giphy.gif

 

Any promo for Joker is now a wasted opportunity. Gaga's not getting nominated I'm afraid. I hope she doesn't do an extensive campaign this time around. Also how are they gonna ignore questions about how angry people are about this film? Now I understand why Jimmy Kimmel was on, cancelled and on. Also LG7 was pushed to February possibly to coincide with awards season exposure but except for DWAS I'm not expecting any nominations. A late October release would have been perfect for LG7. It's just frustrating that we got 2 Jazz albums since Chrome and that we have to wait 5 years for an album that's already done. 

Spoiler

Don't come for me but there are some scenes where Gaga's acting feels bad on purpose. The scene where she gets up and leaves the courtroom in full HarleQuin gear she has a blank confused expression in the eyes. Also the fight with the lawyer and reporters she again has that blank stare in the eyes. Like she's trying to convey anger but she's not fully selling it. She wasn't lying when she said they didn't rehearse scenes at all and rewrote scenes on the spot. Now that I think about it this movie sounds like a contender for Razzies. Gaga can pull a Halle Berry and DRAG Todd in the acceptance speech. It's criminal how little dialogue she has in this movie. Okay I rest my case now and going to touch some grass.

 

Edited by SharGaga

26 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Girl, somebody has been crossposting MY posts from base in other threads to fight with ME specifically. Who takes the time to specifically watch what I am doing in the Lady Gaga base? :deadbanana4:

Yikes. loser behavior and a little creepy tbh :suburban:

Can we use the excuse that Harlequin was associated with the movie hence the underperformance? Tbh it's not far fetched. Now everything related to FAD smells like FAD.

 

:khalyan:

1 minute ago, Orsay said:

I have to just laugh :bibliahh:

 

our girl MISSED. Am I still being reactionary @Vroom Vroom? Or is a 39% on RT a success in your book? :sistrens: Not even trying to be mean, but at some point we all need to chill and have fun with it. Gaga's proven herself long ago and then some, it's fine if she stars in a **** movie. It being **** doesn't have much to do with her at all, regardless of what the haters will say. Laff it off girlies, the joker is us!

It's funny to joke about it yes. But some people turn the jokes into a miserable obsession that nobody laughs at :rip: Bumping threads from 2023 sounds personal

Left the cinema with only one thing in mind: false advertising class action

 

Todd Phillips you will NEVER be famous

 

Todd Phillips reveals new look at Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn as filming  wraps - Celebria - ATRL

1 hour ago, killer_rose said:

The way we thought JFAD will be the absolute smash, only to end up being the biggest critical failure of the year. 


giphy.gif

That's a lie, though. Lucky for us, there are two huge movie bombs and a 'numerical' album bomb that did much worse.

 

giphy.gif

Oficially leaving this forum until LG7. I never saw so much hate. Its like OGHs were waiting for this moment for years. it became a dangerous place. This base thread its the only thing that matters. 

42 minutes ago, iconicyayo said:

no spoilers pls but is her role really basically just a cameo as a lot of ppl are saying? i'm going to see it tmr :rip:

Definitely not a cameo :rip:

6 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

It's funny to joke about it yes. But some people turn the jokes into a miserable obsession that nobody laughs at :rip: Bumping threads from 2023 sounds personal

The haters on here are next level, they always have been. You just have to ignore them, they'd be throwing digs anyway they can no matter what, so of course they're having a field day with the pannings. I can't even hold them at this point :deadbanana2:

 

also I have no idea what kind of strange edits and tags you inserted into my quote! I would never say such things

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Orsay

17 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Any promo for Joker is now a wasted opportunity. Gaga's not getting nominated I'm afraid. I hope she doesn't do an extensive campaign this time around. Also how are they gonna ignore questions about how angry people are about this film? Now I understand why Jimmy Kimmel was on, cancelled and on. Also LG7 was pushed to February possibly to coincide with awards season exposure but except for DWAS I'm not expecting any nominations. A late October release would have been perfect for LG7. It's just frustrating that we got 2 Jazz albums since Chrome and that we have to wait 5 years for an album that's already done. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Don't come for me but there are some scenes where Gaga's acting feels bad on purpose. The scene where she gets up and leaves the courtroom in full HarleQuin gear she has a blank confused expression in the eyes. Also the fight with the lawyer and reporters she again has that blank stare in the eyes. Like she's trying to convey anger but she's not fully selling it. She wasn't lying when she said they didn't rehearse scenes at all and rewrote scenes on the spot. Now that I think about it this movie sounds like a contender for Razzies. Gaga can pull a Halle Berry and DRAG Todd in the acceptance speech. It's criminal how little dialogue she has in this movie. Okay I rest my case now and going to touch some grass.

 

I promise you is not that serious. Take a deep breath and move on. She is literally being hailed as one of the best parts of the movie, her music numbers are in an all-time high, she just snatched 12M for the movie and is now cackling with her own co-star about how bad the movie ended up being. 

 

giphy.gif

so to lighten the mood, how do we think the LG7 lead roll-out is going to go? I assume it will all start with her teasing pics on Instagram/Twitter and then maybe post a snippet of the instrumental or video teaser or something, but do we really think she won't start until the week of the 18th? I really do wonder if it would be better to tease a bit the week before.

13 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

When you think about it, Harlequin is the best part of the JFAD era 

 

:khalyan:

 

Oh WOW at Kellegend Billboadkson sharing the performance in all her social media. Vocals to Vocals. Truly one of her best performances ever.

 

gABjDJD.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.