Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Also, imma say it now: Gaga's acting definitely improved since HOG. Like I was actually very impressed. 
 

I thought she was good in ASIB, decent in HOG, but in Joker: FAD some of her scenes are ******* amazing.

 

imma need her to land a leading role soon cause damn

Edited by Dämon

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

I also don't know why she let them market the movie with her name that way, either. I would've said to have me as a smaller name with the others if you're going to cut me down like that. It's a bait and switch. 

this entire movie's promotion was based on lies cuz Todd knew it was bad. Not having Gaga in much of it when she is apparently the best part of it and then it being a musical and them lying about it not being a musical until much later was all a mess. Major turn off when u act liek the audience is dumb AF

1 minute ago, Dämon said:

Also, imma say it now: Gaga's acting definitely improved since HOG. Like I was actually very impressed. 
 

I thought she was good in ASIB, decent in HOG, but in Joker: FAD some of her scenes are ******* amazing.

 

imma need to land a leading role soon cause damn

I thought she was amazing in HOG so this makes me hyped :WAP:

2 minutes ago, Janet said:

Sis dropped a whole companion album. I'm sure she's fine with the edit and thinks it works to her favour 

 

just go watch it :suburban:

hunty, munty, smunty...it's VERY clear that she was doing all of that when she prob thought she was in the film a lot more because the good sis did not spend all that time filming those cut scenes that we have leaks of for nothing :suburban:she was 100% blindsided by the edit but came to accept it because Gaga is a professional

6 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

I also don't know why she let them market the movie with her name that way, either. I would've said to have me as a smaller name with the others if you're going to cut me down like that. It's a bait and switch. 

I think its that 10 million she got, or was it 12? 

3 minutes ago, Dämon said:

it feels her character just comes and goes randomly to remind you she's still here idk :skull: 

This is exactly how I felt :deadbanana2:

 

Spoiler

I don't even remember how she pops up in the scene before they have sex, abracadabra I guess :dies:

I need to rewatch 

 

3 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

The reviews of JFAD have me considering cancelling my reservation. It feels like a waste of my time if Gaga is barely in it, that's the only reason I wanted to go. :rip: 

Spoiler

she's not "barely" in it. I think her screen time is more than an hour, it's just that her character is underdeveloped and literally just supporting (f u Todd), which was probably why some feel like she's barely in it. But you won't regret seeing it cause she eats in every scene that she's in. 

 

Just now, Bojana said:

I think its that 10 million she got, or was it 12? 

I think more, wasn't it like 20? Or was that Joaquin?

 

Either way, WB thinking they can just lie and audiences/reviewers won't say anything. :deadbanana:

Just now, opbranden said:

This is exactly how I felt :deadbanana2:

 

  Hide contents

I don't even remember how she pops up in the scene before they have sex, abracadabra I guess :dies:

I need to rewatch 

 

Spoiler

She says the guards let her in but yeah this scene got me like wtf did she just teleport in there :rip:

 

Interscope needs to add Folie a Deux to EVERY holiday playlist during xmas. This may become her unconventional / unintended xmas hit tbh. It's GORGEOUS

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

This is exactly how I felt :deadbanana2:

 

  Hide contents

I don't even remember how she pops up in the scene before they have sex, abracadabra I guess :dies:

I need to rewatch 

 

Spoiler

She was just there waiting for him to wake up nn

 

11 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

The reviews of JFAD have me considering cancelling my reservation. It feels like a waste of my time if Gaga is barely in it, that's the only reason I wanted to go. :rip: 

I only pay 4.50€ thanks to my job sooooooo I'm going either way!

did u all go to early screenings or something like wtf is going on? :suburban: i'm watching it either on the 6th or the weekend after hte opening cuz my family is a mess at coordinating times to all come together and we all watched the first together so we will watch this one together too.

2 minutes ago, Dämon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She says the guards let her in but yeah this scene got me like wtf did she just teleport in there :rip:

 

These spoilers have me screaming :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Almodusa said:
  Hide contents

She was just there waiting for him to wake up nn

 

 

3 minutes ago, Dämon said:
  Hide contents

She says the guards let her in but yeah this scene got me like wtf did she just teleport in there :rip:

 

Thanks :dies:

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

did u all go to early screenings or something like wtf is going on? :suburban: i'm watching it either on the 6th or the weekend after hte opening cuz my family is a mess at coordinating times to all come together and we all watched the first together so we will watch this one together too.

I think the movie comes out today in most of Europe. Europe tends to get movies on Wednesdays rather than Fridays. 

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

did u all go to early screenings or something like wtf is going on? :suburban: i'm watching it either on the 6th or the weekend after hte opening cuz my family is a mess at coordinating times to all come together and we all watched the first together so we will watch this one together too.

Well, when you have family trauma and most of them hate each other, will be too busy drinking, and/or don't speak at all, it's easier to coordinate.

 

:suburban:

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

Well, when you have family trauma and most of them hate each other, will be too busy drinking, and/or don't speak at all, it's easier to coordinate.

 

:suburban:

hunty dont make me sad :( send u love and your dysfunctional family. The funny thing is my family is a mess too but when it comes to entertainment we somehow become behaved and can tolerate eachother :suburban: very weird dynamic tbh

um so.

just watched the movie and it was even worse than i had imagined. and i am horrified at the sighs and yawns around me every single time they switched to a musical moment. like the entire room SIGHED and people were audibly upset each time they started singing. 

 

jesus ******* christ what the **** did i just watch :deadbanana:

17 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

The reviews of JFAD have me considering cancelling my reservation. It feels like a waste of my time if Gaga is barely in it, that's the only reason I wanted to go. :rip: 

Nah, she's definitely in it. Not barely at all. She's just not the main character. 

Just now, helpthomas said:

um so.

just watched the movie and it was even worse than i had imagined. and i am horrified at the sighs and yawns around me every single time they switched to a musical moment. like the entire room SIGHED and people were audibly upset each time they started singing. 

 

jesus ******* christ what the **** did i just watch :deadbanana:

yeah, same. People were very upset about every musical scene. You could hear their complaints :deadvision:

Yeah I'm not seeing it until the 7th, my cinema didn't have any early screenings (that I'm aware of - sometimes they'll do early screenings of new movies but they market them as either Screen Unseen or Scream Unseen if it's a horror movie, so it's a hit or miss that the early screening is gonna be what you want and I didn't check for one earlier this week :skull:) and I don't have time to fit it in before then. I won't feel guilty if it's not good though, I pay for unlimited so it's kinda like seeing it for free I guess. :sistrens: 

Edited by Jack!

WOW. Makes TOTAL sense that they promoted Gaga as a co-lead if all of you (+ critics) are saying that she's the best part of it

 

and even more sense that they didn't promote the musical aspect if they really did make everyone watching bored or frustrated.

Just now, Denim said:

WOW. Makes TOTAL sense that they promoted Gaga as a co-lead if all of you (+ critics) are saying that she's the best part of it

 

and even more sense that they didn't promote the musical aspect if they really did make everyone watching bored or frustrated.

and the worst part is that they don't add anything to the story 

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

yeah, same. People were very upset about every musical scene. You could hear their complaints :deadvision:

So interesting cause there wasn't anything like that at my theatre :skull:

 

On exiting the room I heard people say that they were afraid at first and then got into the musical stuff. 
 

so divisive. It's like the ARTPOP of Gaga's filmography I guess 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.