Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, Artur said:

 

I feel like it's more about the fact that they don't really care about hits rather than not knowing how to get one these days. Why? I have no idea.

Because they don't have a full concept as a team rather than following whatever Gaga says. You can see it in the Getting ready for the 2019 MET Gala video, they all follow her without editing or making suggestions. :rip:

 

Chromatica visuals are great because you can see the art direction was barely touched by the Haus. :toofunny2:

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

Because they don't have a full concept as a team rather than following whatever Gaga says. You can see it in the Getting ready for the 2019 MET Gala video, they all follow her without editing or making suggestions. :rip:

 

Chromatica visuals are great because you can see the art direction was barely touched by the Haus. :toofunny2:

 

Yeah, I agree. Her work is always great, but it really shines when she works with professionals.

 

I just meant that, this far in the game, things are not gonna change. We need to get used to these quick music eras with tons of potential completely lost. :chick3: They are probably fine with the results they get + think that she's already proved herself, which she did. 

The way I'm 100% late to this but I never knew that Princess Die was officially covered by another artist :eek: He says in the comments thank you to Gaga's team for allowing him to release it. I wonder what Gaga thought when she was asked about this. I still wonder how she feels about this song. It holds such a special place in my heart. It really is the perfect time capsule for TBTWB. 

15 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

I still think HMH is shaping up to be a cute hit 

Did you also think Hillary Clinton was going to win the election Miss Cheetos? Y3p0Jg-R.thumb.jpg.87bf48ab92687141b0b68

24 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Did you also think Hillary Clinton was going to win the election Miss Cheetos? Y3p0Jg-R.thumb.jpg.87bf48ab92687141b0b68

I was similarly delusional then yes 

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

I still think HMH is shaping up to be a cute hit 

 

54 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Did you also think Hillary Clinton was going to win the election Miss Cheetos? Y3p0Jg-R.thumb.jpg.87bf48ab92687141b0b68

 

29 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

I was similarly delusional then yes 

:deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, PlERRE said:

The way nobody moved, I guess we know how the OGH discord looks like now. 

He only did not come for Gaga's, but also Katy's & Kesha's songs. Anyway he's the only one with that opinion and his delusional ass does not represent what the whole gay community thinks. those songs he mentioned will remain as gay staple :foxaylove2:

4 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

She thought it will be a hit

By not playlisting it more...? That doesn't make sense cuz If she had faith on it being a hit, she would invest on a TTH feature

 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

1 hour ago, Artur said:

Yeah, I agree. Her work is always great, but it really shines when she works with professionals.

They know how to edit her. 

Hi fellow Liddo @IronFist1994 are you excited about Haus Labs, Hold my hand and/or the Chromatica Ball? 

Is ROM classed as a hit? If so, her team know how to make a hit happen - the problem with HMH isn't her team it's the material they're working with. It's certainly not a bad song, but it's not great either. It doesn't get really good until the bridge onwards. It's just not interesting enough to stand up against the other songs in the charts right now. If it can go top 20 (?) in her major markets I'd say that's a decent job on their behalf. We're not gonna be getting any new music after this until next year, if that. Maybe 2024. A lower-end of the chart hit is fine for what it is, to tide her labels woes over until then.

Edited by Jack!

 

Honestly...I think we need to stop blaming her team for not getting the song on TTH and other big playlists. I think it boils down to Spotify not being confident enough in the song, though that confidence is probably growing now as the song slowly grows.

 

I know people say it all comes down to payola, but...it can't be that simple. I definitely can see there being some sort of quid pro quo for better playlisting, but I doubt actual money is involved.

 

I think it really just boils down to the sound of the song, the artist's recent and overall performance on the platform, the relationship they and/or their team have with Spotify, and once the song is out, how it resonates with listeners, especially on other Spotify editorial playlists.

 

Parts of this explain why Million Reasons had piss poor playlisting that got better with The Cure and even better with Shallow (and other ASIB non-singles), which then culminated in the incredible initial playlisting of Stupid Love and the even better overall great playlisting of Rain On Me. How we got from there to where Hold My Hand is is sort of a mystery, but I stand by my point that I think it's the sound of the song. Perhaps her team is also not pushing it as hard since it's just a soundtrack song, but to say this is all her teams fault for failing her (which I get is the easiest thing to do) is a bit naive I think.

12 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

 

Honestly...I think we need to stop blaming her team for not getting the song on TTH and other big playlists. I think it boils down to Spotify not being confident enough in the song, though that confidence is probably growing now as the song slowly grows.

 

I know people say it all comes down to payola, but...it can't be that simple. I definitely can see there being some sort of quid pro quo for better playlisting, but I doubt actual money is involved.

 

I think it really just boils down to the sound of the song, the artist's recent and overall performance on the platform, the relationship they and/or their team have with Spotify, and once the song is out, how it resonates with listeners, especially on other Spotify editorial playlists.

 

Parts of this explains why Million Reasons had piss poor playlisting that got better with The Cure and even better with Shallow (and other ASIB non-singles), which then culminated in the incredible initial playlisting of Stupid Love and the even better overall great playlisting of Rain On Me. How we got from there to where Hold My Hand is sort of a mystery, but I stand by my point that I think it's the sound of the song. Perhaps her team is also not pushing it as hard since it's just a soundtrack song, but to say this is all her teams fault for failing her (which I get is the easiest thing to do) is a bit naive I think.

I agree completely. If people think her team is purposely keeping it off of TTH and other playlists, they're extremely naive. There's a lot more at play here than we know about.

if this ends up being a radio hit in the long run out of everything we initially expected for this song :fan:

HMH is like literally one of her best songs… that’s the most annoying part of this whole ordeal 

Hold my hand would be one of her best songs if she releases the other version 

 

WKLaTLB.thumb.gif.2dee193ba71ba612bf857f

 

 

6 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

AM Australia

30. (+3) Hold My Hand 

 

WKLaTLB.thumb.gif.2dee193ba71ba612bf857f

Smashing but no Spotify support :ace:

33 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

 

Honestly...I think we need to stop blaming her team for not getting the song on TTH and other big playlists. I think it boils down to Spotify not being confident enough in the song, though that confidence is probably growing now as the song slowly grows.

 

I know people say it all comes down to payola, but...it can't be that simple. I definitely can see there being some sort of quid pro quo for better playlisting, but I doubt actual money is involved.

 

I think it really just boils down to the sound of the song, the artist's recent and overall performance on the platform, the relationship they and/or their team have with Spotify, and once the song is out, how it resonates with listeners, especially on other Spotify editorial playlists.

 

Parts of this explain why Million Reasons had piss poor playlisting that got better with The Cure and even better with Shallow (and other ASIB non-singles), which then culminated in the incredible initial playlisting of Stupid Love and the even better overall great playlisting of Rain On Me. How we got from there to where Hold My Hand is is sort of a mystery, but I stand by my point that I think it's the sound of the song. Perhaps her team is also not pushing it as hard since it's just a soundtrack song, but to say this is all her teams fault for failing her (which I get is the easiest thing to do) is a bit naive I think.

So every excuses that we can come up with except blaming Gaga's team?

One of the only legitimate complaints I have for her team/her label (though this might be more directed at Gaga herself) is the lack of singles for her albums since Born This Way. Not only do more singles make fans happier, but nowadays in the streaming era, even if they flop, they provide a significant and consistent boost to the album they belong to.

 

Even just more music videos would kinda do without a full fledged single push. The below songs only had a video (and one performance and light push to US radio in the case of G.U.Y.), and while all underperformed or straight up bombed, look at what that minimal push did for them compared to the rest of the album tracks on their parent albums.

 

Chromatica Album Track Average: 46.1M

911: 119.6M (+159%)

 

Joanne Album Track Average: 39.9M

John Wayne: 94.6M (+137%)

 

ARTPOP Album Track Average: 26.7M

G.U.Y.: 91.3M (+242%)

 

Essentially, what making a song a single (AKA increasing it's chance of being passively heard on the radio through a radio push, providing it a definitive visual in the form of a music video, and increasing its presence in the minds of fans through live performances) does is boost its overall standing in listeners minds, making them more prone to come back and listen to the song again than if it wasn't a single — and this goes for flop singles too.

5 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

So every excuses that we can come up with except blaming Gaga's team?

Do you really think Gaga's team is just purposely choosing to not put the song on TTH? :deadbanana:

 

What sounds more reasonable: what I said or blaming Gaga's team? :deadbanana2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.