Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, ToniGaga96 said:

I suppose some of us are indeed on the wrong side of history...:suburban:

I'm a Quranne stan despite stanning her during Paparazzi. PI is her best lead!! WE EXIST!!

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Mix said:

I'm a Quranne stan despite stanning her during Paparazzi. PI is her best lead!! WE EXIST!!

I love PI as well :heart:

1 minute ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

 

Yes Gaga, yes streaming force, yes LG7 streaming smash in the making :clap3:

 

over Doja :ohwow:

1 minute ago, Mix said:

I'm a Quranne stan despite stanning her during Paparazzi. PI is her best lead!! WE EXIST!!

Joanne is fun and stans need to clear their ears but Come to Mama is pure abomination.

:suburban:

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

I am not trying to cancel her and am looking forward to the new album but I can't say I'm not disappointed that even Katy ******* Perry has done more than Gaga

How easily you got disappointed 

2 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

I love PI as well :heart:

Omg, unfortunately we are the minority 

2 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Joanne is fun and stans need to clear their ears but Come to Mama is pure abomination.

:suburban:

Come to Legend is a misunderstood piece of art! Just like PI and Quranne in general!

Guyssss please stop fighting, even if we may disagree on the method and the celebrity awareness posts we all want the same thing. If someone among us is happy about what's going on they better lock them in arkham.

It's useless to fight among us :rip:

Come To Migraine is a must skip if I wanna stay Nurtec-free

 

:clack:

2 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

Come To Migraine is a must skip if I wanna stay Nurtec-free

 

:clack:

spacer.png

Just now, ToniGaga96 said:

Just Another Day is the real gem of tucanne 

 

spacer.png

This stefani-core masterpiece :jonny6:

I remember first rime i read joanne tracklist. I was so excited for Come to Mama, thinking it was going to be sexy song like Milkshake by kelis.

 

Then i listen to it and yeah.........

I remember first rime i read joanne tracklist. I was so excited for Come to Mama, thinking it was going to be sexy song like Milkshake by kelis.

 

Then i listen to it and yeah.........

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

i luh cum to mama cause father johnnmisth wrote it 

all those amazing collaborators on Toucanne like FJM and Beck and for what

 

1965018946_ru-1-r-6400-n-2317175q8xd.thu

31 minutes ago, Sheep said:

And putting pressure on her to speak up is going to accomplish what end exactly? If she wanted to she already would have. It's not like one of the wealthiest and most connected entertainers in the world lives under a rock and has no idea about what's going on.

 

If you want to affect change, there are better ways than harassing the Poker Face singer. If you want the Poker Face singer to hold values that she clearly does not, you're wasting your energy. It's performative at best and weird and loserish at worst.

Sis. I really thought you were smarter than this.

 

"She shouldn't speak up because she's not a politician and she can't end a genocide" is such a bad faith argument. Nobody in their right mind believes that Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Madonna, [insert any A-List pop star or celebrity here] has the power to end a ******* genocide and +75 year old occupation. Bffr. Please find me a post where I, or anyone pressuring celebs to speak up on this website, said that. It's just a silly excuse that stans love using to make themselves feel better about supporting their faves.

 

Palestinians are begging the entire world, including celebs and influencers, to speak up about the atrocities committed by Israel, to spread awareness, to donate, and to protest. Eventually, it's all about putting pressure on the apartheid state of Israel. That's why many people are calling for celebs of her caliber to say something. Cultural and sporting boycotts were one of the things that ended apartheid in South Africa and BDS as well as many other organizations have been calling for it. There is a literal historical precedent for asking artists to boycott certain countries and not perform there as a protest against apartheid.

 

Again, I swear that you can enjoy her music and the incoming el gee seven era, and see why she's being criticized and called out. Some of you are literally more upset by your faves being called out than the genocide itself. Yall always rush to thread any "political" interview or post she makes and you've always used it in stan wars against other girls who were silent during critical times, but now you suddenly don't want her to be political? Pick a side please.

 

You wonder why she's maybe being targeted more than others? Well because she has made advocacy her brand and has always been (or was?) one of the most outspoken pop stars out there. She's also close to the geriatric genocide supporter so you can't not think that she supports him too. Not to mention that disgusting and dumb quote from 2014 about Israel that will haunt her for the rest of her life.

 

"Well a single IG post won't do anything!!!!" ....let's apply that to her LGBTQ+ activism and see if you'd have the same reaction. Lady Gaga certainly did not stop homophobia with her interviews/music/tweets, but her constantly speaking up definitely had an impact and helped influencing the public opinion.

 

Ariana sharing a simple fundraiser in her IG stories (which is still the absoluuuute bare minimum btw) helped increase donations by a loooot. That's the impact that we're talking about. Nobody is expecting Lady Gaga to wear a keffiyeh and go out protesting in the streets.

Edited by State of Grace.

2 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

all those amazing collaborators on Toucanne like FJM and Beck and for what

 

1965018946_ru-1-r-6400-n-2317175q8xd.thu

For a masterpiece like Quranne duh!

Asking Gaga to post a link is not asking too much of her...

14 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Sis. I really thought you were smarter than this.

 

"She shouldn't speak up because she's not a politician and she can't end a genocide" is such a bad faith argument. Nobody in their right mind believes that Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Madonna, [insert any A-List pop star or celebrity here)] has the power to end a ******* genocide and +75 year old occupation. Bffr. Please find me a post where I, or anyone pressuring celebs to speak up on this website, said that. It's just a silly excuse that stans love using to make themselves feel better about supporting their faves.

 

Palestinians are begging the entire world, including celebs and influencers, to speak up about the atrocities committed by Israel, to spread awareness, to donate, and to protest. Eventually, it's all about putting pressure on the apartheid state of Israel. That's why many people are calling for celebs of her caliber to say something. Cultural and sporting boycotts were one of the things that ended apartheid in South Africa and BDS as well as many other organizations have been calling for it. There is a literal historical precedent for asking artists to boycott certain countries and not perform there as a protest against apartheid.

 

Again, I swear that you can enjoy her music and the incoming el gee seven era, and see why she's being criticized and called out. Some of you are literally more upset by your faves being called out than the genocide itself. Yall always rush to thread any "political" interview or post she makes and you've always used it in stan wars against other girls who were silent during critical times, but now you suddenly don't want her to be political? Pick a side please.

 

"Well a single IG post won't do anything!!!!" ....let's apply that to her LGBTQ+ activism and see if you'd have the same reaction. Lady Gaga certainly did not stop homophobia with her interviews/music/tweets, but her constantly speaking up definitely had an impact and helped influencing the public opinion.

 

Ariana sharing a simple fundraiser in her IG stories (which is still the absoluuuute bare minimum btw) helped increase donations by a loooot. That's the impact that we're talking about. Nobody is expecting Lady Gaga to wear a keffiyeh and go out protesting in the streets.

1) you made a strawman of my point and use literal quotation marks to say things that do not even relate to what I was saying

 

2) I did not ever say the strange and tone-deaf whining of petulant privileged lady Gaga fans was in any way more upsetting to me than literal war crimes and/or genocide and insinuating me or anybody else feels that way is vile and says a lot about your motivations in this discourse in an extremely ugly way. Moral superiority complexes are completely out of control when we get to this point. If I did not usually respect you as a poster and see this as a momentary(but still horrendous) lapse in judgement it would be an instant report.

 

3) her LGBT activism is/was effective because it was heartfelt and persistent, something sne clearly would not be about this cause if she only speaks up when forced to 

 

Does she have the potential to do something good? Yes.

 

Does she have to? No.

 

Do I wish she wanted to? Yes.

 

Are there more effective ways to support Palestinian people than dragging Lady Gaga for not making an Instagram post? 100000000000000000x Yes.

 

Edited by Sheep

Hoeanne praises? I've arrived.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611rovrmzit3p91jys65r

 

Nose really did that with the holy trinities Sinner's Prayer, Hey Girl and Perfect Illusion

5 hours ago, Janet said:

This in itself is the rhetoric that got Kanye cancelled, no? 

Kanye had a vastly different approach to this rhetoric. I'm just being pragmatic and stating a fact that is likely a large reason for Gaga's radio silence. And as a matter of fact, many pro-Palestinian supporters likely share the same views about Jews as Kanye that got him cancelled, so what does that say exactly? 
 

You're missing the point here I think. We need a clear solution on ceasefire. Something that one side is refusing to adhere to. 

Fair but that's not what people in here/online are necessarily asking for. 
 

Still doing more than other more influential people. I don't think it's a cute look to be making fun of people who are standing up in solidarity for a cause 

How can spoiled, narcissistic brats stand in solidarity with anything without first looking in the mirror. No further comments here… 

 

Edited by frankvert

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

1) you made a strawman of my point and use literal quotation marks to say things that do not even relate to what I was saying

 

2) I did not ever say the strange and tone-deaf whining of petulant privileged lady Gaga fans was in any way more upsetting to me than literal war crimes and/or genocide and insinuating me or anybody else feels that way is vile and says a lot about your motivations in this discourse in an extremely ugly way. If I did not usually respect you as a poster it would be an instant report.

 

3) her LGBT activism is/was effective because it was heartfelt and persistent, something sne clearly would not be about this cause if she only speaks up when forced to 

 

 

I wasn't quoting you personally, more so the general sentiment/consensus here. And you did agree with them that she has no reason to speak up because she's not a politician.

 

I'm just confused at the way you fail to see how important it is for celebrities with huge platforms to speak up, especially considering you already believe that Biden is a warmongering genocidal maniac.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.