Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Sine From Above is the worst song on Chromatica for me because it’s awkward as hell.

 

I don’t care if the lyrics are “good”. The instrumental going from staccato pluks to the dated Eurovision chorus breakdown just doesn’t flow well. And I’m sorry but Elton’s vocals do not fit whatsoever and the harmonies with Gaga feel messy.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

8 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Plastic Doll is generic but at least it's the only song there with an actual attempt at a hook, too bad it's too whiny

we thank GOD she didn't include it on the tour, just like SFA

Plastic Doll and especially SFA would've slayed during the tour. :tsk:

I love Plastic Doll and will never get the hate :rip: 1000 Doves isn’t “bad” either per se but it is overbearingly generic 

Chroma would've been an excellent album with 10 tracks

3 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Sine From Above is the worst song on Chromatica for me because it’s awkward as hell.

 

I don’t care if the lyrics are “good”. The instrumental going from staccato pluks to the dated Eurovision chorus breakdown just doesn’t flow well. And I’m sorry but Elton’s vocals do not fit whatsoever and the harmonies with Gaga feel messy.

a Eurovision reject

it was a 2012 Elton John demo, that should have left us known

 

When listening to Chromatica I appreciate how cohesive it is, the songs just flows one into the other and for that to happen each song is needed.

2 minutes ago, Artur said:

 

Wait, what's this? 

 

Nothing, just an orchestra doing covers 

The final version of SFA is not what the demo version sounded like.  The only thing the final version has is Elton’s verse and it was in another key and arrangement. It was a totally different song. Also, the song’s influences are nothing like 2012 music or whatever that wrong opinion is. You really have to know 90’s music to recognize it.

 

Having said that, although I love the song, Elton’s delivery is indeed annoying I really have to objective on this one. 

6 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

 

The way I’m still avoiding seeing LA show footage in hopes of the special dd

20 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

1000 Doves isn’t “bad” either per se but it is overbearingly generic 

That's worse than being bad

2 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Alice

Rain On Me

Free Woman (Demo Version)
911

Plastic Doll (Ashnikko Remix)
Sour Candy

Enigma

Replay

Babylon

 

Literally the album of the century. :WAP:

Let's add Chromatica I & II and replace replay with it's remix and I kinda agrih

18 minutes ago, fra said:

When listening to Chromatica I appreciate how cohesive it is, the songs just flows one into the other and for that to happen each song is needed.

Yeah, the record as a whole is still in her album trinity but a good portion of the songs by themselves do not bring the same magic as they do put together. Her deciding to make orchestral interludes that flow seamlessly into house tracks is one of the best things she's ever done musically.

Edited by Aden

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Let's add Chromatica I & II and replace replay with it's remix and I kinda agrih

Chromatica’s interludes are godly, agreed but the album version of Replay is miles and miles better than the remix (tho the DOC version slaps too).

1 minute ago, Aden said:

Yeah, the record as a whole is still in her album trinity but the songs by themselves do not bring the same magic as they do put together. Her deciding to make orchestral interludes that flow seamlessly into house tracks is one of the best things she's ever done musically.

I feel like people forget about the interludes way too often. They’re brilliant and brought an amazing feel to the whole record. 

1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

Chromatica’s interludes are godly, agreed but the album version of Replay is miles and miles better than the remix (tho the DOC version slaps too).

Idk about that, remix is way more creative 

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

I feel like people forget about the interludes way too often. They’re brilliant and brought an amazing feel to the whole record. 

Agreed. Chromatica II to 911 will forever remain iconic, and Chromatica I to Alice was a fantastic way to open the album.

SFA had so much potential. The remix brings so much life to that song.

The “beat drop” in the outro of the original version is kind of embarrassingly dull. 
It’s a song about being saved by music! We need a more interesting instrumental 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Idk about that, remix is way more creative 

creative in what sense?

 

1 minute ago, Phoenixstar said:

creative in what sense?

 

Productionnnn darling, issa real standout

Interesting that she never used this photo for the swine festival promo

 

7g54Uub.png

 

She must have not liked the final edit and decided to paint a nose over her face on another photo instead lol

 

artworks-000056768440-axvpar-t500x500.jp

Be honest… have any of you watched House of Gucci more than twice?
 

Only watched it once. I’ve watched ASIB several times tho
 

:ryan3:

20 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Productionnnn darling, issa real standout

It’s a remix that is based on the original song. It’s not more creative imo. Also, the album version has one of if not the best usage of a sample in years and the whole reverse/replay sounds all over the song are truly something very innovative. Not to mention actual Diana Ross’ voice on the song. The remix is great but it’s nowhere near as creative. But that’s just me.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.