Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It’s still a largely country inspired album. If Red and Speak Now are categorized as country than Joanne could as well. 

I don't deny the country influences on Joanne but I feel like its more of a mixed bag type of album with many other influences. Perfect Illusion, Come To Mama, Angel Down, DIC, A-Yo, Just Another Day, Hey Girl, Diamond Heart and John Wayne are all very different from the more country influenced songs like Sinner's Prayer and Grigio Girls. It shows how versatile Gaga is as an artist. 

• Replies 146k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Just now, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I remember back on GD pre-season there was a user who said that it could pop up at the Globes if it surprised and they go scalped. :skull:

The online buzz for ASIB only started to shift when the release date changed to October and word spread that the studio was confident in it. 

Even when the release date switched I remember meltdowns too. 

I think I'd be here for some Gaga x Watt, he's worked on a good amount of bops and seems to be relatively versatile. (Though I fear his best work may have been like 5-6 years ago at this point. :shutup:)

Gaga was going to record her version of this song for the Joanne album but they never got around to it. I'd love to hear her on something like this

Edited by Marry The Gods

I wish critics at the time gave Gaga more leeway with Joanne. As much as people on ATRL specifically seem to trash it, I’ve heard a lot of the GP defend it, and Gaga at least tried something different for herself after ARTPOP’s mediocre reception. 

The joanne era was cultural appropriation. She dropped that cowboy hat faster than she picked it up

spacer.png

1 hour ago, xo_hours said:

wonder if JFAD will premiere at Cannes instead of Venice this time around 

By the date, I think Venice is more possible than Cannes. 

1 hour ago, xo_hours said:

wonder if JFAD will premiere at Cannes instead of Venice this time around 

Venice, considering it's release date.

1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

She’ll announce Chromatica Ball: Live From Los Angeles in July.

oh-really-yeah-right-sure-5yfyv1uqa36umb16.gif

58 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

She probably already scrapped it right now.

ezgif-5-9f72060dec.thumb.gif.9ba13defb51

2 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

she probably changed it into Apple Vision Pro exclusive and heading at early 2024 release

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I wish critics at the time gave Gaga more leeway with Joanne. As much as people on ATRL specifically seem to trash it, I’ve heard a lot of the GP defend it, and Gaga at least tried something different for herself after ARTPOP’s mediocre reception. 

She lost a vast amount of fans from BTW onwards but gained older people respecting and liking her. I'm sure the original execution with Chromatica would've tried to get those people back and get in some younger people with the collabs exposure. So Joanne will be more carried in that regard vs. something like ARTPOP which skews to fans/younger people

Id like to see how she is positioned next era - ultimately you aim at a certain audience with every project, if its real quality it will spread cross-generation and demographics.

Edited by Mr. Stratus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pop Art said:

I think I'd be here for some Gaga x Watt, he's worked on a good amount of bops and seems to be relatively versatile. (Though I fear his best work may have been like 5-6 years ago at this point. :shutup:)

Reveal hidden contents

Chi what are these generic bops? We want Dorian Electra and AG Cook for a progressive hyperrock pop album :cm:

She looks amazing, young and fresh in these last selfies.

9 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Pre-LG7 era finally here HELLOOO

babylonfad-pink-shirt-lady.gif

*Inhale*

Spoiler

GP IS GOING TO EAT POPGA NOW MORE THAN EVER WITH DARK 'SINNER OF S*X' ORIGINAL LG5 RE-WORK WITH PROPER PROMO ON ELLEN AND KIMMELL!!!!!

*Exhales*

I really hope this is her magnum opus - regardless of genre it showcases her deepest lyrics and freshest production combining the strengths of her last 3 moderate albums A-J-C and delivering that girl. Hopefully it will carry on the streaming exposure chroamtica had, with some of the effective performance spots of Joanne (no one really watches TV anymore) idc about collabs they dont ensure anything but a higher peak.

let's gooooooooo

6 hours ago, glacier76 said:

I hate the narrative that Gaga “played it safe” after Artpop. Doing a jazz album, country album, reimagining a classic Broadway song on the Oscar stage, starring in a movie directed by an actor in the Hangover movies, these aren’t safe choices. They seem safe after the fact due to their success and her actual talent. 

Exactly, everything she did post ARTPOP could have backfired easily, the jazz album, AHS, ASIB and so on, sadly those takes are the results of the continue brainwashingh OGHs keep doing since years and weak minds fall for that.

As for the Popjustice users.. it's always the one with the Madonna avi that is complaining since ever :juanny:

If Gaga would have continued to release dark-pop music with dark imagine-outfits without any other different kind of project, no matter how good it was, they would have said she can't evolve or offering something different, one trick pony.

It's indeed easy saying they were "easy" choices once they turned out successful.

It's the thing I keep reading in movie forums about ASIB, when majority of people were screaming 'Razzies' with Bradley being at his first try as director and singer.

Or when people were sure Gaga would have flopped with HOG because she couldn't rely on music, but now it's seen safe because of Ridley when he literally bombed with a movie released one month prior.

The narrative will be the same with the next movie, despite revolutionize it with making it a musical, if the movie succeeds they will say it's because of the success of the first as if every sequel is an automatic success.

Stale, tedious and totally predictable takes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really want gaga to go with Alternative sound. Gaga's voice and personality suit rock genre so much :jonny3:

13 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She’s had 4 magnum opuses already. The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ASIB (OST) and Chromatica. 

Metacritic numbers mean nothing. Gaga is too controversial to have an album liked by all critics. Some critics hold grudges for things she did 12 years ago 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Pre-LG7 era finally here HELLOOO

Is the pre-LG7 era in the basement with us?

spacer.png

Burns, Andrew Watt, and Jeff Bhasker for LG7? I’m intrigued and excited. :celestial2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.