Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

9 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Don't know if this means anything but fwiw, Bobby recently started following producer Andrew Watt on ig (and he followed back too) :celestial5:

I've kinda been expecting her to work with Andrew Watt for a while now so this makes sense. He's one of the go-to producers right now, and he's one of the few in the industry atm who is producing both pop (Elton, Dua, Britney, Justin Bieber) and rock (Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop) in the mainstream and also producing for artists who blend the two together (Miley, Post Malone).

Gaga would EAT on a song like Midnight Sky

• Replies 144.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Andrew Watt would be a boring and predictable choice imo, time for Bobby to follow Rostam

ezgif.com-resize-8.thumb.gif.c1699f0f2b5

Re: Chromatica Ball

I still love the fact that literally up until the first show started we were all still expecting the alien/cyberpunk aesthetic of the album to be the main theme of the tour, and for it to based on the planet of Chromatica, only for her to go in the complete opposite direction and give us a show that was completely different conceptually and visually. I love how unpredictable she is at times :duca:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

“I listened to Born This Way recently because, well, it's just the time of year where I think about it the most and... yeah, she's kind of a miserable prospect as a popstar to me these days, but I think that there has always been so much turmoil in her life on stage that she probably assoiciates being a popstar with misery, and... I don't really know where that leaves her. I think the shows her peers are touring with this year make the Chromatica Ball seem even more antiquated and stale than it seemed at the time, and moreover, they seem to just have a palpable joy to them that Gaga's grim presentation between eight hour screensavers by Nick Knight didn't.

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

Having been to the 3 tours in question,

Chromatica Tour was miles better and entertaining :jonny:

The fire in her eyes lives rent free in my head.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Erotic said:

Having been to the 3 tours in question,

Chromatica Tour was miles better and entertaining :jonny:

The fire in her eyes lives rent free in my head.

also all 3 shows are very different, like even the performers are unique in their own way

a Andrew Watt collab on LG7 would be cute

so BURNS, Andrew, the Diamond Heart producer

ooop

I saw that PopJustice post the other day and got so annoyed

The gays there are beyond miserable and out of touch with their **** takes :rip: They're particularly harsh on Gaga and always have to rain on a parade the moment they see someone having fun. That user with the Madonna avi in particular is pretty awful, living vicariously through some cunty avi.

I remember when TCB was starting up and people were hyped, some gay wrote a lengthy post about how he can't just support Gaga anymore because she's not the same blah blah blah. Only for him to backtrack once the show happened. 

Idk why those bitter queens call themselves fans. Say what you will about ATRL, but we're less delusional and pretentious here.

/endrant. 

OT: Bikini tops coming ah-ah off

Lady Gaga GIF

10 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hope she finds her bliss, genuinely. But I don't think any of her music-related work in years seems to reflect that the person behind it loved making it. Maybe the "911" video at a stretch? I remember last year seeing her rather joylessly knock out her three biggest hits (aside from "Shallow", the obvious golden child she properly loveswhere everything aligned perfectly for her) from the perspective of being trapped by them and thinking... yeah, that tracks I guess. And that's fine, but maybe don't break your ankle running towards legacy act status when you appear to have no affection for basking in that legacy. She is 100% in a position to be making bolder, more adventurous choices on stage and on record, but she honestly seems too scared to lose it all by trying. Girl, if Beyoncé is getting away with playing "Rather Die Young" to stadiums you can maybe retire Safe B-Tier Hit From The 2009 Golden Age "LoveGame", and slot in "Applause" without the general public revolting!“

Read this comment in the Popjustice thread and got a bit pissed. It bugs me how people expect Gaga to have the same enthusiasm for pop music she did in 2010, and that Taylor and Beyoncé have now, when the public doesn’t have the same enthusiasm for her, and critics gave her no leeway after ARTPOP really. Fans never want to acknowledge the two way street of pop music careers. 

LOL I totally didn't read the last paragraph at first and was rage typing, but totally agree. First off, LoveGame ALWAYS bangs live so let's get that out of the way. Also, she took out Paparazzi & Alejandro to be able to perform most of Chromatica, a pop album, in full. So makes no sense to start with lol These think pieces are wild sometimes.

And I also think the opening songs are partially to get people engaged and balance out her pacing for the show. Also a total flex starting with such colossal hits.

5 hours ago, Love Again said:

And if I said this was top 10 in her discography?

Top 15 hihi

i just got an the iPod pro 2s on credit and listening to this on Dolby FADmos 🔥

I hope all of you have seen this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

to be honest at this point of her career, she should focus on creating a magnum opus. we don't care about the numbers, tbh if the album is amazing, numbers will align

I need her to have a critically acclaimed album that will just get the critics raving for her and hopefully get her a AOTY moment at the Grammys

• Like 6

That sound for LG7 please! Gaga's vocals would be a perfect match with a disco sound (with real instruments). :WAP:

edit : also that picture of her is gorgeous, she looks so pretty! 

Edited by Summer Boy

44 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

to be honest at this point of her career, she should focus on creating a magnum opus. we don't care about the numbers, tbh if the album is amazing, numbers will align

I need her to have a critically acclaimed album that will just get the critics raving for her and hopefully get her a AOTY moment at the Grammys

No matter what she does music critics will never appreciate her. Thank god movie critics respect her

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

She’s had 3 magnum opuses already. The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ASIB (OST) 

Metacritic numbers mean nothing. Gaga is too controversial to have an album liked by all critics. Some critics hold grudges for things she did 12 years ago 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She’s had 3 magnum opuses already. The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ASIB (OST) 

Metacritic numbers mean nothing. Gaga is too controversial to have an album liked by all critics. Some critics hold grudges for things she did 12 years ago 

only the Madoom Slant Magazine reviewer does

I gasped as her selfie appeared on my IG feed and then rolled my eyes at the caption. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Puttanesca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

She looks so gorgeous. I ******* love that hair on her :jonny:

I'm choosing to ignore the caption for personal reasons....anyways

Andrew Watt would be cool. He wasn't on my wishlist for LG7 but I do like some of his work with Miley and Dua. 

Maybe we'll get a studio pic in July with a #LG7 caption :cupid:

honestly i went to the opening show in düsseldorf and the minute i saw her appear, i could feel fire and energy from her that i hadn’t seen since the ARTPOP era. i remember thinking “ok this ***** is gonna give us EVERYTHING tonight” after worrying all day she was gonna give us an enigma mess with lazy dancing and vocals. i won’t ever forget the feeling when she started screaming at us during replay. i was in the middle of the golden circle, kinda near the front, and it was WILD. everything i loved about her was on stage at tcb with somehow even more polish. so she definitely still has it. i am sure she is probably hyper aware of everything she releases in case she ends up in an ARTPOP style situation where everyone turns on her again.. but as a performer, honestly tcb was up there with born this way in terms of energy and drive in her presence. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

only the Madoom Slant Magazine reviewer does

That part. Critics in general will support her when she delivers. Bitchfork and Melon are the only ones that matter anyway and they're both on her side. 

Irregardless, crafting a body of work that reestablishes her unique sense of artistry (similar to what Folklore did for Taylor) would do way more for her legacy than an album full of pandering radio fodder that's trying too hard to get a hit.

• Thanks 1

It's honestly funny how basically every time Nose tries to snatch an easy "safe" hit- The Cure, Stupid Love, Hold My Hand- they just land with a thud. :rip: Her appeal has never been tied to generic radio/playlist filler. 

40 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

It's honestly funny how basically every time Nose tries to snatch an easy "safe" hit- The Cure, Stupid Love, Hold My Hand- they just land with a thud. :rip: Her appeal has never been tied to generic radio/playlist filler. 

Here’s hoping LG7 lead is more left field. 

5 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Andrew Watt would be a boring and predictable choice imo, time for Bobby to follow Rostam

ezgif.com-resize-8.thumb.gif.c1699f0f2b5

Not too much on the legendary Andrew Watt and his productions. Especially when the alternative is another album of Gar being chained to BloodShart  

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.